It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

G`Day DG

Just since MT talked about signs of improvement,I took my dog out for a walk around the park and pondered on whether there is or not.

What I can say for certain is,in the 6 or so years I`ve been coming to ATS and have talked sometimes on these topics,its plain and very pleasing for me to see more men and of a higher calibre of bright and intelligent young/men who are switched on and speaking up,your very much included.

If this continues,heck maybe there will be hope for our kids,grandkids,if not I`m going to be one grumpy old man with a zimmer frame waffling on about how it used to be when I was a kid in the years to come.

If the younger find wives/husbands boyfriends/girlfriends who are aware of whats being played on the genders and see for what it is,its the best chance they have in not being bitten by it,it will the be handed down to their children.

Nowadays it nearly seems people think there must be something wrong with them if they haven`t divorced or children could be picked on because their parents are still together.

I know DG I`m waffling now,well at least I`m young enough to still pick up on it,let me know pal when I can`t.
Cheers in advance.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

Now one of the things that further compounds the isues is that bad boys are hot for many women. especially those of a certain age (young). who like bad boys. There seems to be this myth, which by the way is what made Wuthering Heights so incomprehnsible to men, that somehow these women can tame these wild ones... Which explains some of the domestic violence statistics and also justification by various anti feminists.

I just don't get why they star with these jerks.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

tiger if you get the chance take a look at this book Prone to violence by Erin pizzy. It can be found online here: "http://www.menweb.org/pronevio.htm"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Well I read it a few years ago justto see what the hubbub was about. I disagree with the central arguement as the mechanism, for transmission of being prone to violence is on that does not have any basis in modern biology.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

all some people are saying is that misandry also does the exact same thing and they have pointed out very specific areas where laws utterly favour women, which is against the idea of equality.

So you are posting more "off topic" material in a pathetic attempt to derail a perfectly good thread.

Now that you've learned a new word, why don't you start your own thread on misandry?

Let's see how many people on ATS actually agree with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

they floundered

Too funny ladies!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

how is it off topic, when it is a direct counterpoint to the OP's thread title and opinion. Last I checked this was not a if you don't agree with the OP you can't be here thread like most gender feminist forums. Instead of debating the idea you would rather try to silence it. Is this the final trick before you can acknowledge that your opinions are flawed and biased. You have yet to provide one example to counter the claim that misandry contributes to runing of male/female relationships yet. I honestly do not think you can. If you can I am sure you would have people that would be willing to listen. As of now, unless you can do that I am tired of trying to have a rational conversation with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

From my understanding of it, and I could be mistaken it wasn't so much of biology but more on psychology. There is a biological aspect of it sure, just not sure that that was the main point, more of a supporting one.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by rusethorcain
This is where the misogynists come to post.

I fail to see any misogyny in this thread... but if you want to keep labeling people -- like Sarah Palin ... I guess ignorance is bliss to some people ...

Do I want to keep labeling people like Sarah Palin?

OK. I didn't know I did but OK I will label her.

Sarah Palin is a shameless opportunist and a moose hunter but she still has more guts than all 5 of the misogynists posting regularly here.

And I can't stand the woman.

How'd I do?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yup you found me out Im a misogynicst. How did you know? Was it because I regularlly denounce the hypocracy of gender feminism, is it because I call for equality, or is it because I can counter every one of your points with unbiased logical reasoning, not based on an emotional tantrum. My guess is the third one. But what do I know Im just a low down dirty slimy misogynist.

How did you know?

And BTW if you can not guess this post was entirely sarcastic and mocking. Except of course the third option.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

how is it off topic, when it is a direct counterpoint to the OP's thread title and opinion.

Yeah a little like...What came first; the chicken or the egg?

The chicken came first.
No. The egg came first.
No, it was the chicken.
It was the egg, not the chicken.
It was the chicken, not the egg.
Egg.
Chicken

etc etc. until I puke.

You have yet to provide one example to counter the claim that misandry contributes to runing of male/female relationships

...that you acknowledge, accept and understand.

I am tired of trying to have a rational conversation with you.

Promises you cannot keep....again?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Yeah a little like...What came first; the chicken or the egg?

The chicken came first.
No. The egg came first.
No, it was the chicken.
It was the egg, not the chicken.
It was the chicken, not the egg.
Egg.
Chicken

etc etc. until I puke.

Who cares whether you puke or not. As I have said before I have seen nothing from you that follows a logical rational approach. You try and throw up stats they are countered with nonsense about squirrels and name calling. So in actuality your hypothetical chicken/egg argument would look more like this:

The chicken came first.(your view)
No. The egg came first.(my view and the 5 merry misogynists views)
No, it was the chicken, because the national farmers association says so here at this site.
It was the egg, not the chicken.because of various scientific studies here are the results, some of them from the government and independant universitites.
It was the chicken, not the egg.because I love chickens and one died on my porch defending a female chicken
Egg.*gives some scientific reason based on solid evidence
Chicken because you hate chickens and are trying to derail the conversation
Egg.*gives some scientific reason based on solid evidence
*post deleted for being off topic*
And on and on

Did I get it right?

You have yet to provide one example to counter the claim that misandry contributes to runing of male/female relationships

...that you acknowledge, accept and understand.

Acknowledge, I have no problem acknowledging that people get blinded by their ideals and philosophies even if they are wrong and have been proven wrong using logic and reasoning. Accept, I'm sorry but i have a real problem accepting with something that can not be defended with attacks, name calling, hypocracy, and can be proven to be based on misinformation, lies and non-logical reasoning. Understand, I have no understanding that there are plenty of people in this workd that are unwilling to accept that their point of views or justifications and arguments are false,hateful and not based in reality. Additionally i can see and understand the need to stand up for human's rights and treat all people equal regardless of physical, religious, etc differences. My problem revolves around from seeking priveledge without the accompaning responsibilityor at the expense of another person.

I am tired of trying to have a rational conversation with you.

Promises you cannot keep....again?

When have I promised YOU anything? Additionally how can you possibly know wherther I am a man of my word or not? Can tell ya one thing and it doesn't matter whether you believe me or not. My integrity can not be questioned. Can you ay the same?
edit on 24-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
... but she still has more guts than all 5 of the misogynists posting regularly here.

I disagree with you here rusethorcain.

I still have not seen any misogyny on this thread and certainly do not believe that the regulars posting here are misogynists.

It seems to me that you are reading their posts and are either misunderstanding them or inadvertently injecting them with an animosity that isn't present as far as I can tell.

Just my humble opinion of course

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

I would like to believe the former, but sadly in my opinion its the latter that has my money.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well Hang on.

What about the OP?

I may be wrong but wasn’t it a response or counter to the old canard of “Feminism Ruining the male/female relationship”? I believe that women and men are different types of person as a rule. Brain scanning has proven that for me. To blame misogyny or misandry in itself is wrong. Both of these are wrong. When I hear people justifying the lack of representation of women in the upper echelons of business I can see that that is misogyny.

I look at the twenty-somethings (and teenagers) and see a new framework in place we these people have actual friendships between the sexes. That is cause for hope. The situation regarding laws is a typical over balancing that is very sad but the pendulum will swing back and women and men will have equality before the law. It takes time but there you go. I am an optimist.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Morning tiger. I wished I could be so positive. Yes it is a pendulum. Sadly I do not see it stopping or even hanging out in the middle any time soon. As history has shown time and time again the oppressed overthrow their oppressors and become the new oppressors. Be it physically, emotionally, financially, or socially, the pendulum seems to just swing to both extremes and back again.

Also, and we can disagree on this but I still respect your opinion. I do think that women should be able to get into the upper echelons of corporations and do. I think it is more due to lifestyle choices that can be potentially made by a business owner or hiring manager. Yes I am sure that there are some places or incidents where it is based on just being a woman, but if you look at the stats of who puts more hours in at a job, who is going to take more time off etc. I will do some digging and find some studies or something or articles illustrating it better than I could. Another way to look at is is employers not wanting to hire people who use marijuana medically or illegally.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Ok here is a blog post that basically illustrates what I am talking about, it deals with the wage gap, but IMO the same principles apply. glennsacks.com...
"The takeaway is that women's lower earnings reflect women's choices and one of the main choices is about whether they want to focus on paid work or raising children. It should surprise no one that many women choose motherhood either exclusively or to a much greater degree than do men. Here's the best analysis of which I'm aware of the wage gap; it's done by the CONSAD Research Corporation for the U.S. Department of Labor (CONSAD, 1/12/09)."
www.consad.com...

and here: glennsacks.com...
"It's more nonsense about the gender wage gap, but it's not just more nonsense, it's all new nonsense.

We know where the wage gap comes from. It comes from the choices men and women make about their working lives. There are two major reasons why men make more money than women do. First, men work more than do women. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, even among people who say they work "full time," men spend almost an hour a day more in paid work than do women. And of course more men are employed than women, although that margin has been cut sharply by the loss of jobs over the past year.

Part of that first reason is also that women, far more than men, take time off to care for children. That cuts into their earnings, their seniority, their potential for promotion and ultimately their savings and pensions. No fewer than four recent studies have borne this out, just in the past three months."

Here: glennsacks.com...
"And in the process, it debunks the "glass ceiling" myth too. It's not like we need another study to tell us what we already know - that the wage gap and the "glass ceiling" result not from anti-woman discrimination, but from women's perfectly legitimate choices about how to allocate their time between work and family. Not long ago I posted a piece about a study of University of Chicago MBA program graduates. It showed that women's earnings differentials stemmed from their decision to place more emphasis on childcare than did their male counterparts."

article about the study here:
www.abajournal.com...

or here: glennsacks.com...

" "The main conclusion from our work is that female MBAs have not done as well as male MBAs in the labor market. That finding should not come as a surprise. The more startling findings concern why they have not done as well."

"The large growth in the gender gap in earnings for MBAs during the first 15 years of their careers is mainly a consequence of gender differences in career interruptions and weekly hours worked. Women take more career interruptions and work shorter hours."

"The presence of children is the main contributor to the lesser job experience, greater career discontinuity and shorter work hours for female MBAs.""

and article cited here:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I was not posting something off topic, i was merely responding to what someone else had said. The debate has evolved from it's initial premise to include issues about equality and therefore misandry will rise it's head. Perfectly fine and reasonable.

Lol you have said several times that people keep either insulting you or being rude and yet that is all you ever do. People have countered everything you have said by using either logical arguments or various statistics and studies and when they do that you consider it misogynistic. Sorry rusethorcain but it is people like you that are the problem with the feminist movement and it is people like you that some of us are arguing against. You're a simple sexist and this is easily seen from your posts.

So sad.
edit on 24-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I think somehow the feminist movement took things a little too far. Why oh why is it a better lifestyle for the woman to work outside the home and put the kids in daycare and run around like a crazy woman trying to please everyone, get everything done? I left my full time job last May because I could not take it another day. I would come home and start my 2nd job (housework), now I have one job. I'm married and my spouse works a lot and yes, I guess I had the luxury of being able to quit my job. When I worked I'd see my female coworkers coming back to work after six weeks or a couple of months after having their child. We had a room where they could go to pump breast milk. I remember thinking boy, if that were me I'd be in there bawling my eyes out, missing my baby! it took me 9 months to a year to feel "normal" again after having my kids, emotionally and physically. It's hard. If that were me leaving my newborn for 10-12 hours a day I would have been severely depressed and an emotional wreck. What I really don't miss are the power struggles that were a result of me working outside the home: bitching/complaining about who's more tired to do this or that after a #ty day at work, finding time to relax and the tension resulting in me not feeling like I had enough of me to go around for the kids, spouse. Yuck!! I have often talked to my mom about this topic and why women thought it'd be so great to work outside the home and try to be "superwoman." Obviously, as she'd tell me, sometimes it was a necessity. Call me old fashioned, I guess, but it just wasn't for me. I don't know about feminism causing hatred against women but I can see how it has put strains on marriage and family. BTW, I'm a forty-something mom/wife of three kids and that's my experience from being a full time working mom to a now happy stay-at-home mom.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am a man and I believe women are 100% equal to men in every way. I believe everyone should be treated with respect and dignity.

I once had an argument with a women and she started attacking and punching me, I warned her if she punched me again that I would punch back. She punched me again and I knocked her out with one punch, she had to go to the hospital and get stitches. If I did not hit her back because she is a woman, I would consider myself a sexist.

Do you woman who consider yourself feminist agree that what I did was in compliance with your philosophy?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join