It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Volume of Call Contracts Traded; Something Is Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

beforeitsnews.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just trying to give everybody a heads up on this. Like to see what you guys think of all this trading going on.I think if tptb get there way they will shut us all up. So I'm hoping the good people here on ATS can get this out because msm wont touch it.We cant let them win.thers alot of false flags coming at us this might be another one. What do you guys think.

beforeitsnews.com

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not sure but the TPTB have at least implied that they will at least impose restrictions on the web. What is interesting is that we are hearing a lot moe about this than under the bush administration which was no friend of free speech. There is no conspiracy, at least not now. The agenda is fully out in the open. Either the government or corporae interests or a combination of the 2 will restrict the net in the future just as Agenda 21 will determine how we live in the future.

Originally posted by topdog65807

Just trying to give everybody a heads up on this. Like to see what you guys think of all this trading going on.I think if tptb get there way they will shut us all up. So I'm hoping the good people here on ATS can get this out because msm wont touch it.We cant let them win.thers alot of false flags coming at us this might be another one. What do you guys think.

beforeitsnews.com

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
if they shut the internet down
there will be anarchy

lots of people and business
rely on it for their income.
When you cut off their income
bad things soon follow.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
someone on MSNBC said the other day there was an 'uncanny' correlation between the current market and the market of 1930.

The correlation extended to commodities and stocks, and he says look for a BIG drop in October, with the Dow leveling out around 6400-6800 by Feb 2011.

I wish I could remember the guys name, but they showed a graphic with the market trends of 1930 and 2010, and it was eerily similar.

Stay liquid was his advice.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can someone explain what the article means to the unfinancially savvy? Does lots of call options mean that people believe we've hit the top?

And what is the significance of Qwest here? Is it the fact that it's stock price is high mean TPTB are investing in them right now because they have built Internet 2?

Just guessing here, I have no idea.

Input appreciated.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I hope others come to this thread and comment, this feels like it could be important, even though I am clueless to the real meaning!

Just trying to keep this on the from page, so someone can answer my previous questions.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'd like to understand this as well...

I certainly think we haven't hit the worst yet...I think the first big dip into this "recession" was just a stress test by TPTB...to see what reactions happen with a calculated drop.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
if you buy a call, you buy the right to buy

if you sell a call you sell the right to buy

similarly, a put is the right to sell

if they are buying calls, they expect assets to fall in value...and then rise..!

it's a reasonably meaningless stat unless they also tell you if they are buying or selling call options.

big difference...

edit on 12-9-2010 by stellify because: no reason given

edit on 12-9-2010 by stellify because: just because

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog65807

I don't recall where I heard this, but I don't think it was here. There was some strange activity in the cocoa futures market near the end of the bp conspiracy...a bunch of buyers got together and bought huge supplies of cocoa futures~and they took delivery, which is unheard of. What does anyone make of that? An obama tax on one of nature's best offerings? I believe the activity was centered in England. I haven't a clue what this means.

Nice thread, like being wakened to the sound of a pendulum.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by topdog65807

I don't recall where I heard this, but I don't think it was here. There was some strange activity in the cocoa futures market near the end of the bp conspiracy...a bunch of buyers got together and bought huge supplies of cocoa futures~and they took delivery, which is unheard of. What does anyone make of that? An obama tax on one of nature's best offerings? I believe the activity was centered in England. I haven't a clue what this means.

Nice thread, like being wakened to the sound of a pendulum.

A single commodity trader in London hit the headlines this month when he
snapped up 7 percent of the world’s entire cocoa bean production.

His actions drove the price to its highest level in more than three
decades. But Anthony Ward – or “Chocfinger” as he has been dubbed in the
press – is far from alone.

Search the article: Hedge funds and the true cost of vulture capitalism

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
if they shut the internet down
there will be anarchy

lots of people and business
rely on it for their income.
When you cut off their income
bad things soon follow.

I don't think they will shut the internet down, unless there's a huge war.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, qwest is so diabolical that they also sold out to century tell.

Maybe they invested to much into the "internet 2".....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
could be a scam going on. I have heard rumors of brokers calling random numbers and leaving messages to their "loved ones" to buy a stock quick because it's about to hit the roof. Or possibly insider trading, those in the know alert friends of a merger or bankruptcy.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It looks like this could be a reason

news.yahoo.com...

top topics

join