It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

john titor-- one prediction true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well the CJD (human mad cow ) disease seem to be true or comming true

news.myway.com...|top|06-21-2004::23:45|reuters.html

is this just luck or are things starting to happen?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A lot of what Titor said was just smart, not really knowing the future. Predicting mad cow issues, as well as other things he said don't exactly take a time traveler to know.

Some of things he said have also already fell through. For example he said in 2004 there would be monthly waco-like events that grow in numbers as time passes. Halfway through the year that hasn't been one major federal-civilian stand off. He also said in 2004 CERN's heavy collider would produce the first microblackhole that powered his "time machine" yet CERN's heavy collider isn't even build yet. Its not set to come online til 2007. And before anyone cries cover up, you can go out to the CERN site and see for yourself. They are still puting the mag rings in place.

Let titor rest. It was just a fun internet hoax by a smart guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"A lot of what Titor said was just smart, not really knowing the future. Predicting mad cow issues, as well as other things he said don't exactly take a time traveler to know. "

What if, imagine, even if he wasn't a time traveler, that he predicted things and just happened to be right? Would he still be worth listening to thing? Many people see this stuff as black and white and it's their loss.

From the esteemed JT catalog, authored by unknowns:

"02/01/01 08:36

PF

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII."

www.mysticfish.net... PF 258

It will start in 2004. We got 6 more months, an election, iraq, other countries to invade, possible state succession ... we still got time afresh.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The woman who died in the US today DID NOT contract the disease in the US. She got it in 1986 in the UK during an outbreak there and traveled to the US to live and get treatment with her parents.

She LIVED here to get treatment. She did not GET the disease here.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the main thing that confused me with JT was his talk of the world line.
if i read it a certain way then he could say that that was his reality and not mine, the other way is a way to say he is right (kind of lawyer speak) it's just confusing.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

the main thing that confused me with JT was his talk of the world line.

In my opinion this was one of the holes in the JT story. He claimed that all realities were occuring at once. he had traveled from his timeline into a time line that differed from his by less than two percent or something like that.

When he traveled back to the future he would not be traveling back to his own future but a very similar one where another John Titor traveled back in time to receive the same early IBM machine...supposedly.

If in fact you are bopping around from reality to reality you are in fact not fixing or changing anything in your own specific reality, who is fixing your reality while you fix anothers. It is a bit silly.

Of course when people would ask specific questions about the future he would either condescend saying that they shouldn't asks specific questions about sport scores because they just wanted to bet on the game. Other times he would claim that it would not be a good idea to share information about the future with those from the past.

The main problem with this answer being that if you are not from our specific future timeline, your future may not happen to us and of course if John had passed on specific information it wouldn't really matter because he came from a different reality.

One or two percent may not seem like much, but when your talking realities and timelines one or two percent could mean the difference between evolution and hanging from trees with our tales.

John was clever, just a little too clever for his own good I think it was a prank that got out of control. Though it's been a while since I read the stuff.

SPider

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"John Titor" was just a creative writer who also happened to have some interesting pics of an electronics kit from the 1950's on hand to get people's imaginations going.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I believe in time travel, but only into the future not back in time

I think we will see this when we are able to travel at the speed of light.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Perhaps John Titor was an Illuminati-type defector who came up with a relatively safe and yet attention-grabbing way for releasing some of the potential plans/scenarios currently in the works. Just a thought.

The other possibilities are as follows:
* Actual time-traveller - I don't buy the different "worldlines" scenario
* Neurotic creative writer with too much time on his hands
* Very intelligent nutcase (basically the same as the second option)
* Disinformation agent - just as likely as him being ex-Illuminati, though not quite as appealing

top topics

join