It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of The ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. The Con Artists!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
With all the fiction and disinformation circulating in Ufology, it seems useful to catalog some of the gentlemen we should be wary of. This is in no way a comprehensive list, but includes those who continually throw gibberish and nonsense to make a fast back out of the gullible who are a dime a dozen.

So, be aware before you shell out your hard earned greenbacks for those ridiculous, outlandish books, CDs and lectures/presentations by these con men. And also those who often cite them as an authority pertaining to aliens/ufos etc., in their posts.

So here goes:

- Barbara Bartholic, UFO writer, propagandist.

- William Bramley, disinformation author mis-portraying ancient lurid legends about "sky gods" as "factual" history!

- "Dan Burisch", a hoaxster who pretends to have worked at Area 51.

- Alex Collier, spreads fantasy star-being "channelings", and other disinformation.

- Stanton Friedman, M.S., engineer, defamer of relevant researchers, who tries to mis-focus people.

- Steven Greer, director, CSETI, so called UFO ‘investigator’. A confused soul who’s lost his way.

- David Icke, former newscaster, writer of wacky conspiracy propaganda about aliens/UFOs.

- John Lear, Jr. Proponent of outrageous theories like advanced alien beings living on Uranus and Neptune!

- Robert Morningsky, peddler of disinformation as false "Native American legends".

- Sheldon Nidle, dispenser of fake "channelings", supposedly from ‘Star Beings’.

- Nick Pope, this former MoD Chief says "U.K. Wide-Open to an Alien Attack" (sic).

- "Rael", actually Claude Vorilhon, is a French hoaxster and disinformation asset who falsely claims to be in communication with a star race called "Elohim" whose leader is supposedly God. His deception operations have spread to Quebec, Canada and elsewhere.

- Zecharia Sitchin, Israeli writer spinning tales and outlandish theories of all-too-human-like ‘Annunaki’ soon to arrive with the so called planet ‘Nibiru’.

- Richard Boylan. Another whacky theorist who claims regular contact with so called ‘star beings’.

- Richard Dolan, author of UFO documentation books putting out the propaganda that the National Security community has been "concerned" about the UFO presence for decades.

- Billy Meier, Swiss "contactee"; who claims to have had some actual visits from a starcraft and possibly telepathic communications from its occupants as well as messages from the ‘Pleiadeans’!

- Yvonne Smith, abductions investigator, has internalized disinformation about "evil aliens" and corny ‘abduction’ stories.

- Whitley Strieber is all over the place, sometimes lapsing into the stereotyped fear-and-loathing disinformation and propaganda all too widespread in print and visual media.

- David Wilcox, who holds himself out as an "expert" on many things and claims to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce (sic).

- Blossom Goodchild, a scam artist having a ludicrous website making frequent predictions about the imminent landing of alien starships. Needless to say none of the predictions have come true! Because it’s all balderdash!

There could be many more that I haven’t chanced upon yet. Do include them so we can identify the charlatans!

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the views of ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

OrionHunterX.....

You missed my all time favourite.....

How could you.....?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your opinion, with no proof, sources etc.

Like many on here I am able to make up my own mind, threads like this a find comical.

Peace and good luck.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

OrionHunterX.....

Here he is.....

My all time "Don't Think About It For Another Second Because He Just Wins!" hoaxer.....

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 12-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Alien teleportation

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Although Stan and Dolan wouldn't be anywhere near my list, the rest of the guys in yours are suitable candidates.

One of the best lists for the 'bad apples' of the UFO field is over on Royce Myers' UFO Watchdog: Hall of Shame. I can't for the life of me work out why he removed Bob Dean from the list, but it's definitely rounded up the worst guys.

For balance, there's also the UFO Hall of Fame! There are two or three names on there with big question marks over their integrity imo. It's still a good list and could do with another dozen names...Ted Roe being one of them.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

OrionHunterX.....

Here he is.....

My all time "Don't Think About It For Another Second Because He Just Wins!" hoaxer.....

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Dr Reed hit me in the head with a branch as i was collecting soil samples, kidnapped me, then put me in a half ass cryo stasis for who knows how long, even steals my wonder twins bracelet to be exploited by Jamie Maussan

And you wonder why we wont land in DC

edit on 12-9-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Oh crap! Now how the devil did I miss him?
Ok he's included too! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

WOW!! This fella just got teleported by wearing that alien ring for crying out loud!!

Amazing! Now that's what I call a super hoax if ever there was one!!
See? This guy needs to be locked away in a cooler. Geeez!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

and you are ?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

and you are ?

A disinfo agent!
And you?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

'
well you've thrown out the baby with tha bath water you see - some are bogus, but then some are the real deal...

I think that's called a 'disinfo' deal my man...

Anyway you need some adventure in your life, so I present for your enjoyment, as well as all this:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Wait! What about Hoagland?

and Bob Lazer

and Alex Jones and Icke's Lizard People?

and the three ATS Head Haunchos?
Had to throw them in for good measure.

and ATS and GLP and ...

Well? What's the verdict?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wow, No Jamie on the list...

A list without Jamie is no list at all

Not sure I agree on Stanton though.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I vote for Jesus!
Biggest hoaxer ever!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

OrionHunterX.....

Antonio Urzi perhaps.....?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd70fc26266e.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Their is a difference between con artists and people who actually believe what they are saying, and this is where this thread fails. The OP has just named people he does not like, regardless is they are con artists or not.

People like friedman,pope,icke are not con artists, far from it. They truely believe what they are saying, but i suppose you think they are con artists because they sell books?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Lol! Now that was a real entertaining vid! Especially those words spoken by some guy in 'Ashtor Command'!
Choked on my coffee!

Thanks for making my day!
And ummm...seeing your signature, I know where you're coming from!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Wait! What about Hoagland?

Oh well, he's a half breed! Sometimes here, sometimes there!

and Bob Lazer and Icke's Lizard People?

I'm on the fence where this guy Lazer is concerned!
As for Icke, he's included in the list.

and the three ATS Head Haunchos?
Had to throw them in for good measure.

Eeep! I hope you know what you're doing!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I'm glad you're learning to open your heart,
so I give you this as a gift:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman should not be on that list. I've always found him to be an excellent researcher.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join