It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of The ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. The Con Artists!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly
Stanton Friedman should not be on that list. I've always found him to be an excellent researcher.

There is a few on this list that should not be on here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Ah! Thanks! The age of Aquarius! I'm an Aquarian, It's my age, so lay off!
By the way, are you the one on that stage with the beard?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

lol

"leeeeeet the sun shineeee,
leeeeeeet the sun shiiiiiinee in..."

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hmmm! nice to see the OP and others not argueing their case on why all these people are on the list.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Hmmm! nice to see the OP and others not argueing their case on why all these people are on the list.

Jay, did you even bother to read why they're on the list? I've clearly mentioned the reasons along with their names. If a guy claims he's been to Venus on an ET spaceship, that's enough reason to shove him into the cooler.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Do you have any proof that these are all con-artists?

I know some aren't very well liked but do you think it's fair to label some as such just because you think they are con artists. Shouldn't we make up our own minds after our own research?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Jay, did you even bother to read why they're on the list? I've clearly mentioned the reasons along with their names. If a guy claims he's been to Venus on an ET spaceship, that's enough reason to shove him into the cooler.

So, you put pope on there because he said we are open to ET threat. Do you think him saying this makes him a con artist? What other reasons do you have have, apart from that weak one to say he is a con artist?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Shouldn't we make up our own minds after our own research?

Of course! That is why I had clearly mentioned in bold at the bottom of the opener that this is my personal opinion. I had a feeling I would open a can of worms as many are die hard fans of some of the people mentioned.

I should've mentioned George Adamski too but he's history!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

With all the fiction and disinformation in the UFO circuit, it would behoove you to substantiate your accusations of these people, some of whom have done nothing but dedicate their lives to research. You have made a list of people you "think" are cons, but I know for a fact some of them are not. You are slandering good people for no reason. Please back up your accusations with something substantial, otherwise YOU are SLANDERING.

William Bramley did nothing but research history books and put together The Gods of Eden. He was a lawyer interested in what preceded wars in our history and came across this stuff. Did you know that? Have you checked his resources in his book? He is far from a con!!! You are no better than those who pointed fingers not too long ago and cried "Witch!"

As for Robert Morning Sky - he IS Hopi and Apache - are YOU? Do YOU know the native legends to be able to say what he says is right or wrong? BACK UP your accusation!

Nick Pope??? A former Minister of Defense is a con??? I could go on and on...

You, poster, are a shill for the witch hunters looking to DISCREDIT anyone who's tried ANYTHING to help ANYONE understand the DEEP DOO DOO we're really in. You've lumped EVERYONE into one convenient list without one shred of example for what you say. Have you interviewed any of these people yourself? Have you checked their references in their books? No, I'm sure you haven't. I'm not defending everyone in the circuit, there surely are those in it for ego. There's not much money to be made so that's usually not any motivation. And there are those who truly work hard (of which several are on your arbitrary list).

Unless you can substantiate what you're saying, and RELATE it to their work, your "list" is nothing more than a ufology witch hunt on your part - who's conning who????

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Pretty much if you reveal your UFO info through any means that requires payment your a nothing but a con artist. The problem withh all these guys is the same problem the 911 truthers have, they all have a different strory and none all of their stories contradict the stories of the others. Of course if the all have the same story then they would not be able to make any money would they?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I would like to add Wayne Herschel not only has he been associated with a recent hoax gone bad but the man started his own religion. He claims ancient star people landed on the Sphinx and are our gods and he has himself eaten from the tree of knowledge. Funny how it didn't make him any smarter. This one is a true con artist.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Beware Of The ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. The Con Artists!

I would also add, beware of the defacer; who stereotypes and discredits people in broad strokes.

If there are really those out there who would try and lead the masses astray, spreading misinfo... they would necessarily have to discredit the base research community in order to break the stream of information.

You see, when you preach distrust of others, you invite the same upon yourself.

I hope you're wrong about those people you listed. Personally, I don't... or at least try not to distrust people for fear of misinformation because 'who' said what is not nearly as important as 'what' was said. Then it simply becomes a matter of personal choice... to believe or not to believe.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What you need to do, If you are going to presume who is legit and who isnt, is give some legitimate [ according to you] researchers.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Can you imagine how full of crap this forum would be if everyone decided to be like yourself and think their opinion on who they think is a hoaxer in the UFO field is important enough to have its own dedicated thread ?

At least put some effort and research along with sources on why you think these guys are all hoaxers instead of just saying "I don't like X because he said X and I don't belive X is true".

So, validate your claims with evidence which we can all reference as your opinion is as important as that of a celestial chocolate teapot, without proper sources

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Though I agree with most of those named here on the list, you should still substantiate why you think they are con-artists. Simply saying they are is not enough and some of your reasons are very vague. For instance, in the cases of Pope and Dolan, what about that makes them con-artists?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund
As for Robert Morning Sky - he IS Hopi and Apache - are YOU? Do YOU know the native legends to be able to say what he says is right or wrong? BACK UP your accusation!

Are you?

By his own admission, neither Hopi or Apache claim Morning Sky (though he spins this). The fake mythology he sells cannot be found in any Native culture but are a hodge-podge of Western conspiracy-theory, New Ageism and white stereotypes of Natives. Robert Morning Sky: Fraud

But, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right. What band of Apache is he from?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
that is interesting

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12-9-2010 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If a guy claims he's been to Venus on an ET spaceship, that's enough reason to shove him into the cooler.

Then where, pray tell, is George Adamski. the Godfather of them all?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In the spirit of the OP, although I'm idly amused by the bickering...

No one has mentioned the biggest all time Hoaxster/Fraudster/Con Artist of them all, Ladies and Gentlemen I present you:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14cf2e052a2.jpg[/atsimg]

L Ron Hubbard.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Funny, you don't mention the League of E. G.'s author, Alan Moore. In his Watchmen series, he has fake aliens as a pretext for creating the NWO. In the first League storyline, there is a fake UFO piloted by Illuminati!

Aliens are fake. Get over it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join