It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create Mankind?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
all I have to say is ...be cautious next time you kill your Sims.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Why does man climb mountains, build machines, fly to the moon and then forget how to leave Earth orbit?

Because he can...

(Here's hoping God doesn't forget where he left us.)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why God created man?

Because he wanted to create a succesor. He knows he can't be around forever, and so he needed to create a being, that he could groom over time, and put through these scenarios to educate our psyche, so that when it is all said and done, we would have a certain mentality, and evolution. Yes, God believes in evolution. It would take eons. Though who knows as to when God would actually succumb to the inevitabilities of the universe, and cease.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered where some of the stories that we hear of, like the fallen angels, cain and able's wives, etc... came from? THey arent in the bible, but they are referenced by the bible. THese books are called the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha. These books, IMO should have been included in the bible. When you read them, they answer a lot of questions.

The following quote comes from the Apocolypse of Adam. In it Adam is telling his son Seth about the expulsion from eden.

"After those days the eternal knowledge of the God of truth withdrew from me and your mother Eve. Since that time we learned about dead things, like men. Then we recognized the God who had created us. For we were not strangers to his powers. And we served him in fear and slavery."

In short, we were created as a slave race.

These books are scatter in libraries and on the web. The best place that I have found to view them are here:

www.earth-history.com...

The author adds his comments and theories to what is written, and I invite you to take those how ever you will. But the point is that these books have been accuratly been posted here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Great point and great post, we are the little buble on god's realm. The force is just that, god and we are on it.
I don't know how to explain this, the tree is the tree and the candy in the tree are the candy in the tree, the fruits.
Except this tree makes all kinds of stuff, makes peaches, apples, oranges, every kind. Once in the while the apple goes to the other fruits and mixes. As a result we pop up, and the tree says not without my permission.
We can not explain it, so we make up fables to see in in human view, then people argue.
I could not picture if god had a face, if god had a name. The tree has a source, the middle then is branches to the left, branches to the right. In god's view we are an anomaly for haps, the fruit of disobidiance that does not live in harmony with the other fruits. This is just one way of explaining it.

It's how life gets created, it's all from the tree, it's seeds spreed across nature and a result things grow, multiply.
To eat from the tree of life without knowing what you eat then something will happen, you will become something else. The source is the father, the provider, god and we are on the branches.
You got to have imagination to imagine it, then someone else comes along and writes a bible or writes something else. We are influenced by god because we are connected to god. I would say we are part of it but not it. We are not gods but it's offspring.

I would say don't mix your kind, mixing is bad, friedship between different species is more then ok.
They started it, came here we were the same kind, made by god's choice. They want us to turn into them, but we are still human. I think it's going to end somewhere in the middle.

My only landlord is what created the planets, the sun, and the seeds on this earth. The rest are just fakes who "stole power" or "the fire" an in the zeus fable and came with it here on earth.

So we get fables after fables, with some guy that does not respect the rules and does what it wants and as a result gets some form of punishment.

Satan, or prometeus the titan, or some other fable.
Ohhh let me bring them a blanket.
or here eat from it and find your self.
Natural evolution is to be left alone, same with our story, they came here and modified us, and then they hid the truth. It's how it is.

edit on 12-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The Creator is not a bearded man who sits on a chair in heaven.
The Creator is everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
The Creator is not a bearded man who sits on a chair in heaven.
The Creator is everything.

I would not say that, maybe it choses to take a form and sits at the top, or in the middle ?
Maybe somewhere in this universe there is a place where the tree sits, it's top, it's eyes to see it's self.
If we are in god image then god can see too I would say.
One thing I am not going to be is ignorant, how to we dream and see images anyway ?

edit on 12-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

While I do not subscribe to any particular religion, I do feel that there is a creator, but I am not sure whether to attach human bipedal attributes to (him?) it. If I do consider the "made in his image" bit, then I would speculate we are his children and we are here to learn and practice becoming gods one day. Sounds nice anyways....

spec

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Truth as it is - Nithyananda

www.youtube.com.../c/D5E80C03E360B2F8

An Enlightened Master shares with us what he has already seen happen between 2012-2015.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Why God created man?

Because he wanted to create a succesor. He knows he can't be around forever, and so he needed to create a being, that he could groom over time.

The "Willy Wonka" theorem? lol. The creator is by definition eternal, so he will be around forever.

As for my answer to the OP, perhaps God didn't so much as create us (in the direct sense) as he "adopted" us once we were to the point of being able to have a relationship with him. If there are other intelligent species in the universe, it seems likely that they would be in a similar position, making the adoption motif perhaps a more interesting way to look at it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

To confound you.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Why did God create mankind? Because he knew we would like it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

He created us to worship Him.

Any other questions?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by earth2

While I do not subscribe to any particular religion, I do feel that there is a creator, but I am not sure whether to attach human bipedal attributes to (him?) it. If I do consider the "made in his image" bit, then I would speculate we are his children and we are here to learn and practice becoming gods one day. Sounds nice anyways....

spec

I hate all religions too, check out the vid in my sig.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You might find an interesting take on the "what is man for" question.
A canadian research group showed the O.T. has been translated wrong on purpose.
Check out what it really says

www.thechronicleproject.org...

You want to read the chronicle and the supreme history, which are the actual names of the many books combined to form Genesis.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
GOD did not create HUMANS. Because GOD do not exist.

Then you may ask , what creates humans , what creates universe? How all these come into existance in the first place?.

For us to think , there has to be a beginning and end. Without that our brain will bleed to death in endless thinking if we do not assume. our brain can not process too much data.

So even though GOD do not exist , it is necessary for us to play with ourself

So humans came to existance by accident? i do think so. It is more of permutation and combination.

Everything has nano intelligence. Lotus leaves can create a coating on it so leaves do not absorb water and slide through. Carbon atoms arranged in nano level.

So evolution constantly happening in nano level. It takes million years to see macro level change.

But things can be catalyst for other existance.

In that way some aliens could have played the role. But it do not make the alien as GOD.

There is very good possiblity there could have been more evolved life forms in universe. They are not GOD.

GOD is possible only in HUMAN mind because human mind need answers for open questions.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Hello earth2-

I look at it like this, in order for us to have more knowledge we need to learn things. For some its math, others its science, whatever we choose to learn (for better or worse), we learn. In order for "god" to learn, the universe and ourselves still need to be produced. In order for movement or action you must have reaction or two forces that come together, positive and negative.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pokerking

LOL.. Someone gave your post above a star? It's a direct violation of the TOS for the Religion and Theology Forums.

In this forum we assume for arguments sake that God does exist, unless stated in the thread title calling His existence into question.

Read the stickied thread "All Members Read" at the to[p of the R,F&T Forums.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Truth is to be told. Ofcourse you want to play game with yourself , you can do that endlessly.

Does everyone know the truth that God do not exist? Yes.

Then why do they want GOD to exist ? Simple. It relieves them of responsibility find answers for all the unanswerable question like who created human or what is beginning of the universe , what is life's purpose.

if you make all known answer like GOD , you can offload them and be free of thinking endlessly.

Humans are inevitably selfish in a way to save himself.

Lifeform can exist only if he can able to save itself by growing as much possible,

you grow ,so you do not die.

Question is invalid when GOD do not exist in the first place.

People may ask how do you know that?

Simple if there is a GOD exist , then there has to be someone should have created God in the first place....it is a recursive nature.

Even if alien created humans for some reason , they are not God even if they have super natural powers.

Magic looks like super natural because we did not know the simple trick , so everything has an explanation , the perfect answer is we do not know at present.

For me GOD is a replacement for all answers we want to know. It is easier to replace with one all knowing answer like GOD , we can go rest.

Even though god do not exist , GOD concept necessary to keep human civilization alive. if there is no goal humans will commit suicide.

For human civilization to survive GOD is necessary. Especially for sick people.

If you are not sick mentally , you do not need GOD. you can live without any answers.

People who need answer s, God is a must requirement.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For someone to claim to be "non-human" you have an EXTREMELY low intelligence. Nor can you read apparently...

No one says you cannot challenge the existence of God, you may do so as many times as you want to. However, in the Religion, Faith and Theology Forum you must create a new thread calling His existence into question. For arguments sake in this forum it is ASSUMED He exists. AGAIN, you need to read THIS stickied thread entitled "ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic" in this forum. "Stickied" means it's at the TOP of the page for you to easily find it. And since you're a "MEMBER", it applies TO YOU as well.

"Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith... We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not... If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being. Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition."

Can you comprehend NOW????

edit on 20-9-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join