It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create Mankind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Is it because he is so perfect that to feel pain and happiness he had to create us? Or because he was lonely?
It seems to me creating us is like us playing SimPets, what sense does it make except for the entertainment.
And if he made us in his image that means when we die we go back to being him?

In a weird way he must be lonely, especially if we are all him anyway.
Trying to understand this is just as complicated as trying to understand the Universe.

And the Earth will eventially be destroyed by natural forces, regardless if we destroy it. What then? He creates a new Earth and starts over?

He has probably been doing this for a Zillion years.....why?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
God created man to replace the fallen angels, to deal with sin in his kingdom, and restore worship.
The redeemed men of the Earth will worship him forever. I think the number is 55 million souls throughout time.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spongebob

How can Angels fall if they have Free Will?
Check this link out!
www.beingjewish.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

And I told myself I would stay away from these "God" threads for a while!!!

If you ask me God's motive to create man, was a selfish one.

Don't know if that is going to help you...

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Hiya E2,

If we are talking from the perspective of God being a physical, humanoid-like "superior" being, then we must be talking about the God of the Hebrew in their Torah and our Bible. Yes?

In which case, if we go back to the original source material for the whole Genesis/Garden of Eden that appears in these two books, which are cornerstones of two separate Religions, then we are actually talking about a humanoid "alien" named NL.. or Enlil in our language. An ego-maniacal being if there ever was one, hence why the O.T. God behaves as it does.

If on the other hand we are talking about a physical, humanoid-like "superior" being that manufactured our physical human forms (homo sapien sapien...us), then we are talking about NL's little brother NK.. Enki in our language.

To accept the Hebrew God of the Torah and our Bible then you must accept the entire story began with these beings I mentioned, because that is where the first books of the Torah and thus Genesis originated in Sumer. The Hebrew already had their first books of the Torah when they left Sumer to walk to Egypt.

So to answer your question as honestly as I can, from this massive and mostly unknown by all Followers of God History, then I can say...

Mankind was manufactured to be a slave for the race that manufactured "us". This is exactly what the History tells us is the case... and at times using the exact same terminology as found in Genesis. Makes sense since it is the orginal source.

But.. and big but here... If we are talking the modern, more Jeshua-like God.. (Son of God, Jesus concept) then we must agree that it is also the God of the New-age Industry, albeit it using a different name.. The Universe, The Source, The One, etc. All of which mean the same thing, then my friend we are talking a totally different perception of God.

This perception of God is one that is not a physcial, humanoid-like "superior" being, but rather an Energetic-Awareness that creates from Itself by diversifying itself into everything we see, hear, touch, sense and not sense around us.

And this type of 'God' is only using the tiniest portions of Itself (us among other things) to experience Itself, to experience It's capabilities in the same way we humans learn about ourselves from birth to maturation and death.

In which case we are but a sub-atomic particle in a Nucleus within one skin cell on this 'God's' arm... for want of a better way to describe it to you. And thus it cares nothing about what we do, as we care nothing what such a sub-atomic particle in our arm is doing.

I do hope this goes some way to helping answer your questions.

Be Well.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by earth2

And I told myself I would stay away from these "God" threads for a while!!!

Don't know if that is going to help you...

Peace

Well, technically everything he started creating in the universe was with a "selfish" motive, since he was the only one there to do it for. I say more power to him for being able to do it all and he can be as "selfish" as he wants.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I don't understand this either. I am an agnostic with a strong lean towards there being a higher power.

Why DID God create us? Was he bored? Was it so that he could be worshipped? I don't understand his need to be worshipped....I understand that if he created us he would want us to do right and be good people, but why must we fear him? It doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well let's see if we can't bring you in a lil; deeper there Mind? I'll ask you just how is it God can be selfish or
have "selfish reasons"? How can that be possible?

Mesocorny

but why must we fear him? It doesn't make any sense to me.

What is meant I believe by fear God, is simply respect him enough to obstain from leading a sinful life. He
does warn us enough about it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Mesocorny

but why must we fear him? It doesn't make any sense to me.

What is meant I believe by fear God, is simply respect him enough to obstain from leading a sinful life. He
does warn us enough about it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yes, I understand that...I just don't see the reasoning behind it. Why can't he gain our respect through another way rather than fear? Why does he have to be worshipped? What is the purpose of worshipping him?

I don't understand why he'd make us with free will and then demand that we be afraid enough to worship him.

edit on 12-9-2010 by MeSoCorny because: screwy quote posting

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I don't understand why he'd make us with free will and then demand that we be afraid enough to worship him.
reply to post by MeSoCorny

See what's odd to me is when people ask questions like this that for me, Seem to come along with the answer already attached. In other words I would never dream of asking this question because it comes in the same
package as the answer. I would never see the question without seeing the answer at the same time.
This dosn't seem like the natural order of things to you?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well let's see if we can't bring you in a lil; deeper there Mind? I'll ask you just how is it God can be selfish or
have "selfish reasons"? How can that be possible?

Going deeper with Randyvs......I like it!!

Imagine God just sitting there in all his perfection. No questions, no duality. All is perfect.

I guess after a couple of ion's even Gods get bored. (or vain, not to sure on that one) but anyway, it needed something to question him. (you know, when you and I are killing time, solving a crossword puzzle or doing some braintraining). It took a part of himself and gave it the illusion of awareness. It placed it in a dual reality to make the illusion convincing and get the process of questioning going.

(If anything) we are God's sensory organ in relation to duality. We are there to serve a purpose, he is not there to serve us. We are his tool for experiencing this plane of existence.....

Selfish might not be the correct term when comparing it to our own sensory organs because we do not actively get to create our sensory organs where as God did create us for his own purpose.....selfish!

Deep enough??

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Standing way out here in left field from the viewpoint of a type of Catholic person...

I don't know if he can be "selfish"...He is not human, but a God. Isn't being selfish a purely human trait? Ah, correct me if I'm wrong but try not to flame. Thanks

Originally I didn't answer the main question here in this topic because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to. I edited to try, and now I'm hitting roadblocks left and right. I believe it a possibility that God created us for the realization that we are just that - human. Proving that there is a higher power since we can't answer this question? Mankind will never have the answer for everything, so couldn't it be a possibility that he just means to humble us and put us in a state where we could simply respect stuff?

I know, I know...that didn't really make sense. My apologies but I tried, eh? It kind of made sense to me, hope someone can make something out of it.

edit on 9/12/2010 by philosearcher because: to answer the actual question...or attempt to...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Who says this "God" did create mankind?

A set of 2000 year old novels?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I hope not going off-topic, but I think the question should be reversed. Why did man create gods (those portrayed in various religions)?

At least that is much easier one to answer.

-v

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I believe it is a test

To see who will do good and who will do evil.

Also, how people cope with deaths of loved ones. And how people will cope with huge traumas.

I think it is mean, actually. I think it is an experiment and a tes

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Why did God create Mankind?

so that he could split himself into infinite points of conscious perspectives and experience new experiences AS us.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why did God create mankind? I'll go with a dream I had. God was bored and lonely. He created us so that we could add variability to creation. In my dream God could see all possible timelines or paths we could choose to follow. However in my dream God does not know which path we will choose to follow due to free will. Free will introduces variability that got rid of the boredom. I was stuck in that dream for a while and felt really bored myself knowing the outcome of everything no matter what you did. Just imagine doing the most routine boring task and that is what life is like when you know the outcome of everything. With the saying that God created us in his image, we are like Gods ourselves being able to choose our own destiny. At least that's how I perceived reality in my dream.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

your explaination is rich in its weaving of a tapestry.

in my simple mind i recall that much emphasis was placed on mankind put here for 'Tending the Garden'[
then later on i discerned (from reading scripture) that god wanted the souls or spirits of his followers to rejoice and 'sing' Praise and Adoration morning & night for all eternity , round about the heavenly throne.

those are the two things wanted by God, in house labor & thankful. adoring laborers

edit on 12-9-2010 by St Udio because: .........because this rider is available

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Maybe he's just a mean kid with a magnifying glass and we are the ants in the ant hill.
Is God a Deadbeat Dad?

Or ... according to the Children's Catholic Catechism ....
God made us to love and serve him in this life so we can be happy with him in the next.

Pick one.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Prometheus created men from the left over bits of animals and plants, his motives for doing this are not clear however)
He then stole fire from the gods so that people could be warm and cook.
Zeus wasn't happy about this so he tied Prometheus to a mountain and had an eagle attack him every day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join