It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium church abuse detailed by Adriaenssens report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Belgium church abuse detailed by Adriaenssens report

www.bbc.co.uk

Harrowing details of some 300 cases of alleged sexual abuse by Roman Catholic clergy in Belgium have been released by a Church investigator.

Peter Adriaenssens said cases of abuse, mostly involving minors, had been found in nearly every diocese, and 13 alleged victims had committed suicide.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Another Abuse scandal, and seems that the Vatican did not trie and cover this one up. Hmm oks, I will take that statement with a pinch of salt. When will the Vatican learn from these scandalous abuses and finaly do something about it. One can see the Vatican doing nothing about this. It is absolutely disgusitng.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You think that is bad?
Check this out:

Vatican confirms report of sexual abuse and rape of nuns by priests in 23 countries

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

In extreme instances, the priests had made nuns pregnant and then encouraged them to have abortions.

The Vatican reports cited countless cases of nuns forced to have sex with priests. Some were obliged to take the pill, others became pregnant and were encouraged to have abortions. In one case in which an African sister was forced to have an abortion, she died during the operation and her aggressor led the funeral mass. Another case involved 29 sisters from the same congregation who all became pregnant to priests in the diocese.

www.independent.co.uk...

I am more than positive that we have absolutely no idea how bad the situation is!
Its long overdue, it's time to close down the Vatican!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
*DSSONE puts head in hands and sighs*

Both links are disturbing. Well, aren't we lucky to have been granted a Papal Visit.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Well Yes and No, We in the UK will be able to make up our own minds. I certainly do hope there is mass protests, not against the pontiff himself, but against the vatican as a whole. But as per usual there is so much Strict Security, (POLICE STATE), comes into mind. I will bet anyone in this forum. That those whom protest, will be met with the same tactics, they used at the G20 Protests in London. One does find it Ironic, the Catholic Church goes out of thier way to condem Homosexuality and call it a Sin, but then Bless a Gay Mass in Soho in London. Double standards. Seems to me, thay they give out directions when it fits them. But then they try and cover up abuses within thier own religion.

What one finds also disturbing in this article, is those whom have commited suicide. Not only have they suffered abuse, but now they are condemmed. Is it not the Catholic Religions Belief, that If someone commits suicide, they go to hell? Maybe someone can correct me on this one? Thank you is much appreciated.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Why not the pope?He knows whats going on,the church is a disgrace to all the people who worship there.But whats even worse is that we only know the half of what goes on,And I don't think its only the catholic church,personally I don't trust any of them and I sure wouldn't trust them with my children.Whats so horrible is how many people out there that will still defend them."LETS ALL SAY A FEW HAIL MARYS!"...... yea right!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Every religion has its abuses, I am not picking on the Catholic Religon what so ever, I am just commenting on the article, which I have posted.

I read two books recently, maybe they are fiction or not. The Last Pope and the other as called the Holy Assasin. It does open ones eyes to the secret holly alliances and what does go in within the Vatican itself. Weither you beleive the books or not, it is up to ones interpertation of the book. One can make up ones mind due to the fact, that the Catholic Church and other Churches of other religions have covered up abuses.

I would not trust any father, priest, minister, Bishop, with my children either. So we are in agreement there.

So ums are you attacking my comments or agreeing with them, one is wondering!

edit on 10-9-2010 by Laurauk because: to add more conent.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

defintly agreeing!!!

top topics

join