It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can justify the use of terrorist tactics!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
These "terrorists" are people, not animals, barbarians or chickens.

They may have less education than many of us others from the west and developed countries, but... they are in a totally different situation than us.

1.) Their home country is being invaded by a foreign power
2.) Their friends and families are being killed for no arguable reason
3.) They would surely die if they fought agains the superior invader
4.) They know their land will be exploited if they do nothing.

Now I suggest that most barking babies arguing against "terrorists" in Iraq haven't got a clue what they are talking about. They only see the death and blood on the tv from their sofa back home thousands of miles away in safety.

These are not animals. They are desperate people in a very upsetting environment under very upsetting circumstances.

That's for the "Terrorists" in Iraq.

Then there are other "terrorists" on this planet. For example the ones who flew airplanes into American buildings and killed a lot of people. I'm sure they were upset about something too, but that's a wider topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
WESTPOINT23
You are doing your nation a service, one that some of us (even those that have not served) will and should be gratefull for. I salute you.
BE SAFE! BE PROUD! REPRSENT US AS HONORABLE WARRIORS!!!

Chinalurker says,

Lets look more closley
1) True to a point...We have stated that we are not there to occupy them permanetly, but only until their own self rule can be assured.

2) I think the reasons can and are certantly arguable...dependiong upon whom you ask

3) While this is Likley, history has shown that superior forces have been beaten is past battles....THIS is the only reason i can support gurrilla warfare....but not terrorism against civilian targets.

4) This would be an assumption on many peoples part....Id say that France and Gerany were doing a fine job of exploiting Iraqi oil (with saddams help) thru the UN oil for food program.....there is POTENTIAL for this abuse, but we have stated intentions that are NOT inclusive of taking oil, ect...
It is also possible that the terrorists are exploiting the entire situation there as it seems they are escalating attacks against Iraqi's, but NOT the coalition.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes it made us withdraw troops? Yes it made us run away screaming that it is too dangerous over there? Where are you getting your news from, Al Jazeera?

I'm sorry dear friend, but such beheadings have merely strengthened our resolve as well as demonstrate to the rest of the world what we (And ultimately "they") are up against. To wit, Korea is now contemplating sending even more troops in lieu of this week's beheading.

In my humble opinion, these insurgents have a very poor grasp of PR.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A good chunk of these terrorists are from foreign countries and in some circumstances we are talking terrorism in countries other than Iraq or Afghanistan. I argue that the Iranians are actively stirring up the pot in Iraq as advocating illegal violent action in foreign countries seems to be their MO. Algeria, Lebanon, Iraq, Argentina (the 1994 terrorist bombing) Syria, and so on.

Now I suggest that most barking babies arguing against "terrorists" in Iraq haven't got a clue what they are talking about. They only see the death and blood on the tv from their sofa back home thousands of miles away in safety.

So does that make you a barking dog for terrorism watching the blood on TV from thousands of miles away in safety?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's kind of like a football match.

America vs Iraq in football.

Since the Iraqis only have two players on the field agains 20 Americans, it's a little unfair, but then again, the Iraqis are not playing according to the rules. When there is a chance the Iraqis may purposely kick an American in the head, or throw sand in his face, and of course the spectators get upset about this from the American side, cause that's a foul according to their standards... But who cares, cause they are playing 20 against 2 anyway.

Actually, the Americans were not even invited to the game, they just forced a game cause they were bullies and wanted to.

To even out a little, the Iraqis put mines on the playground, to get rid of some of the opponents, that's foul again, so the spectators rave over the injustice, American players retreat and send in bomb planes to get rid of the opposition once and for all.

Little did they know that when they killed those two last Iraqis, they made another four really upset and come and join the game.

Of course, by this time the actual football has been lying still and untouched for quite a long time as all the focus is put on breaking the rules by the Iraqis as they still have no chance to play against 20 Americans.

And so the story goes.

To state myself clearly, I'm not FOR this game at all. As a spectator I just encourage the audience to look at it for what it is.

I remember this football game started with a "Shock & Awe" by the Americans btw. I see no reason why the Iraqis couldn't use a little "Shock & Awe" themselves. Be realistic.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
First of all, we are all entitled to our own opinion, so I am not going to call anyone an idiot for trying to justify the fighting tactics that the terrorists are using, but I disagree with the statement that this small army of about 20 thousand is forced to come up with different means of fighting. Terrorism has been around for a long time, but I think that it is more recognized now because there are so many different ways to communicate terror. Terrorism is defined as the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. Look at the sources available...Internet, news, other media such as radio, and they are even going digital with this stuff. They used Nero to make one of their threating DVD's! The truth is, we as Americans have underestimated these people, I think that there are more than thousands of people affiliated with Al-Qaeda. They are in several countries around the world. Think about the attacks in Iraq and Turkey today. The bombings in Spain, The Twin Towers, The Pentagon.. etc. In the tape that threatned the Prime Minister yesterday, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi said "I am like a tourist in Iraq. I move along the country staying with my family and brothers." These people are spread out all over the world, there is no way that we will ever be able to find them all. Even if we eliminate the so-called "leaders", there are 100 more waiting to fill that open position.
That is what these groups are trained to do, they plan everything, the set tasks and follow through with them and they are patient. They will plan for months even years before actually attacking. 9/11 was not planned overnight, they came to out country and took flying lessons, they flew commercial flights frequently, they cased out the airports, and this all happened before we were at war. I don't think that terrorism is their only means of defense. In fact, I think that they are more prepared than we think they are, and the death tolls in several countries support that theory. There is a much bigger picture, they have an agenda, and they will stick to it. I just hope that the U.S. gets more clues as to what is on their agenda so we can end some of the violence.

E_T

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
Actually, the Americans were not even invited to the game, they just forced a game cause they were bullies and wanted to.

Pretty much same as China's occupation of Tibet. (and threatening of Taiwan)

And same for Russia because Chechnya.

Just taking out "skeletons from cupboard" for fairness.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Pretty much same as China's occupation of Tibet. (and threatening of Taiwan) And same for Russia because Chechnya.

Although there are some deeper historic reasons for the above mentioned, but... Yepp, pretty much the same.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So if the difference between terrorists attacks and millitary attacks, are those that are killed, what do you call it when we dropped two atomic bombs on Japan? I don't believe it was just military targets that were destroyed. I'm not trying to give any merit to the the terrorist, but seriously, what is the difference. If a muslim guy blows up somehting, he is a terrorist, so when a rightwing christian guy blows up an abortion clinic, would he not be a terrorist also? When those 50 air strikes that we did in the beggining of the war his none of their targets and killed civilians, did that make us terrorists?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ok...

if i started to cry about the beheadings and all these terrorist attacks would that make you feel better???

if every one in the world started to care about the deaths in the war would that stop the fighting???

NO!!!

if every one started to look around and started to care (for whatever side there on) that would only make more fighting...

the FACT is that HATE exists and that is what started this war...

can we (humans) erase HATE???

NO!!!

we cannot tell every muslim to stop the hate toward the us and we cant tell the us to stop the hate toward the muslims...

if i started to care would that stop the war???

NO!!!

my advise to you is: dont get to caught up with the war because you will just end up like those idiots watching CNN / FOX on 9/11 and the weeks after and getting sad and mad and brainwashed...

dont take sides because both sides are neutral beause there is no right / wrong in the world, humans just make there own right / wrong...

just be happy!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join