It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can justify the use of terrorist tactics!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
a couple of months ago Osama bin Laden made a speach and in his speach the part that to me stuck out the most was the part when he said something along the lines of "we (the terrorists) do not have tanks, planes, armies etc. so the ONLY way to fight our enemies is to use terrorist tactics"

well ATSers he is 100% right!!!

the terrorist want to fight their enemies (it doesnt matter who the enemy is for this discusion) but their enemies have better technologies (sp???) than them so the ONLY way for them to be able to do any damage to the enemy is using these terrorist tactics

it doesnt matter HOW you fight, it matters only that you fight...

in the speach, Osama bin Laden later said "call the way we fight terrorist tactics or terrorism but this is the ONLY way we can fight. You call it terrorism because it's a different way of fighting that you are not used to."

does the fact that terrorism is a different way of fighting make it wrong???

a war is a battle between one country and another right???

everyone in those two countries are targets!!!

it doesnt matter HOW you fight, it matters only that you fight...

if you have any questions or you just want to scream at me or call me an idiot do so here...

Im sorry but you are way out in left field on this one. Thank God they dont have tanks and planes and armies to kill. They dont desire peace by any means. They only desire to kill any and all who refuse to submit to islam and muhammed as there prophet and allah as there god. If you are not a muslim they will show you no mercy. The quran tells them its there duty to kill you at every chance.

"Our Lord, why have You ordained fighting for us, why have You made war compulsory?�� (004.077) The Qur�an ordains Muslims to fight, whether they like it or not. War is compulsory. And the enemy is all non-Muslims. Islam is unambiguous: good Muslims kill."

Tabari IX:69 �Killing disbelievers is a small matter to us.�

Qur�an 5:51 �Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other.�

killing non muslims is what islam is about....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
intrepid---

why am i neutral???

thats easy!!!

because no side of this war is right (if there is such a thing) or just!!!

why would i be on one wrong side and not the other???

that does not make any scense!!!

BUT there is NO right / wrong so both sides are "normal" so why would i pick one normal side but not the other???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Faisca---

if those men were killed in a diff. way (not beheaded) would u be able to accept my way of though???

just sit back and enjoy it because there is nothing we can do to change or stop this war!!!

ok...

if i started to say: "ohh man being beheaded must suck" would that change this war in any way???

if people really started to care about what was going on would anything change about the war???

no!!!

both sides of this war are wrong so i am neutral...

i sit back and enjoy the "show"...

im not gunna get all emotional and start crying about what the terrorists do...

is this what you want me to do???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

is this what you want me to do???

I think they want you grow up and stop being so indifferent as it is indifference that ruins elections, damages society, and leads to things like the Holocaust.

At one point we must all grow up and identify with a morality to which we want to adhere. You cant straddle the fence and claim both sides are idiotic.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We have too get our leaders to do this first.

"At one point we must all grow up and identify with a morality to which we want to adhere.

"You cant straddle the fence and claim both sides are idiotic. "

We learn by example. We see people in power doing this, it is ok for us.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
47---

never said both sides were "idiotic"

i said they were "ok" or "neutral"

for YOU 47 who says what is right / wrong???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Im sorry, I only read the first few entries and the thing that seems to be an issue is attacks on the civilian population. Well, they may strap a bomb to themselves and blow up a supermarket, but what does the West do with all its military power? Detonates the first atomic weapon, "accidentallly" targets civilian structures with its smart bombs, and claim: "Its war. People die." So I'm not saying killing civilians in any way is justified, but you have to see the other side of the coin. You can't just ignore it to further your argument. When you think about it, we are not much different from the "terrorists" becasue we both kill civilians, create hate in the world, and terrorize the enemys population. Terrorism is relative In Iraqs (and other parts of "The Empire") case, the US is the terrorist. In our case, Iraq is the terrrorist. Furthermore, you dont think that if they (al-Quieda) DID have a military power, that they wouldnt fight us? Its time for us to leave the world alone and stop creating more hate. Were causing more problems than we are solving.

[edit on 6/23/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Im sorry, I only read the first few entries and the thing that seems to be an issue is attacks on the civilian population. Well, they may strap a bomb to themselves and blow up a supermarket, but what does the West do with all its military power? Detonates the first atomic weapon, "accidentallly" targets civilian structures with its smart bombs, and claim: "Its war. People die." So I'm not saying killing civilians in any way is justified, but you have to see the other side of the coin. You can't just ignore it to further your argument. When you think about it, we are not much different from the "terrorists" becasue we both kill civilians, create hate in the world, and terrorize the enemys population. Terrorism is relative In Iraqs (and other parts of "The Empire") case, the US is the terrorist. In our case, Iraq is the terrrorist. Furthermore, you dont think that if they (al-Quieda) DID have a military power, that they wouldnt fight us? Its time for us to leave the world alone and stop creating more hate. Were causing more problems than we are solving.

[edit on 6/23/04 by xenophanes85]

YES!!!

look at both sides of the "coin"

you have it just right!!!

dont always listen to your governments biased news saying that the terrorists are "bad" because they are fighting in an unorthadox (sp???) manner...

BTW: what is a "terrorist"???

a person that uses "terror" to fight or scare the masses???

well (not to single any country out) does this make the US a "terrorist"???

doesnt the US use the "smart bombs" in the damn streets of iraq!!!

they are showing everyone "dont mess with us or this will happin to you!!!"

this is an example of a terrorist to!!!

but what do i care???

im just sitting back and watching this great "show"

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

never said both sides were "idiotic"

i said they were "ok" or "neutral"

for YOU 47 who says what is right / wrong???

You can fight me on symantics but the fact remains. At some point you have to pick a side in life because indifference is a step away from ignorance.

For me I operate under the principle of the greatest good. I agree with actions that help the greater good of people. Terrorist actions help a minority opinion and therefore I cant identify with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
there is a difference between wars between states(countries) and ones that include beheading innocent civilians. ONLY cowards fight a "war" of terrorism against civilians. And why would anybody quote the biggest coward of them all Osama bin Laden? He's running off with his tail between his legs in the hills and mountains somehwre eating goat meat. Some big shot he is!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I agree that targeting civilians is cowardly and only angers the party that has had its civilians killed. We can never give into this tactic (like the Spanish did) because that only proves the tactic to be effective.

This is what we should be doing: When the terrorist tells a country to pull their 3000 troops or they will kill a civilian, that country should send 6000 or 9000 troops. In my humble opinion if that is done every single time it will prove the tactic of terrorism to be ineffective.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As for the reason why terrorists commit acts of terror...

I personally do not support terrorism. I don't support war either, because I think both are cruel and should be stopped.

I'd like to encourage every American to think about what makes terrorists hate the U.S., which they apparently do. Apart from the terrorists' religion (which I think is only an excuse) there must be other reasons for their hate. Well they have a good reason to be jealous. They are poor, which American people are not. Americans have enough food so they can grow fat, while people in the Middle East are starving. The U.S. are the country which causes the greatest pollution of the environment, however, they don't care. Americans are only a tiny minority of the world's population, yet they want to have the privilege of being the most powerful nation. They won't give any money to 3rd World countries, yet they claim to support the poor. Furthermore, they believe they are the most "civilized" country, which of course is true, because they don't give the others a chance to be so. This could be the evoked impression.

If I were living in the Middle East, or any other 3rd world country, I would hate the U.S. for their actions and attitude. I do live in Europe, and I don't hate the U.S., I just think they are on the wrong way. Hating them won't do any good. I think it can only get better from now on.

Americans can't claim their country is not arrogant, because they are. So although the terrorists' actions are very cruel, I can understand them to some extent.

When using the word "Americans", I don't mean every American, but just those who think their government's decisions are right.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I believe the hate felt in the Middle East comes in large part from the governments who allow the teaching of hate in their schools. I spoke to a civilian contractor who worked in Saudi for many years, he said when you ask a Saudi why they hate Israelis their reply was �I don�t know, I just do� (aside from land dispute). This means to me that they were taught to hate just like here in the USA when racism is taught. It�s true that we do manipulate the world to secure our interests however any other country would do the same if they could.

Osama wants US off Muslim soil. Hey it�s not our fault that these countries allowed us to put bases on their land in exchange for protection from their neighbors.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What we currently have is a clash of cultures, i.e. the western culture from the one side and the eastern culture from the other side. And this is evident even in this thread.

So, this goes for anyone in here: there is no answer if the acts of Muslims are right or wrong. It all depends on one's point of view. If you are an American, you believe that these people are evil. If you are a Muslim, you believe that Americans are evil. The point is that all of you, Americans or Muslims, have been brainwashed by your cultures on what is right, what is wrong, and both sides are totally opposite to each other. You can't really doubt the system you are in, nor Muslims can, because it's your system of belief.

Western people believe in tactical fighting, in social rules governing human behaviour. Muslims have a totally different system of belief.

There is no possible way to reach to an answer accepted by all parts.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In addition, as an American I do not hate our neighboring Canada because they have free healthcare to their citizens and a significantly lower crime rate. I am a little jealous however.

My country does not teach me to hate in school like Middle Eastern countries do with the Anti western teachings. There simply is no excuse for terrorizing innocent citizens and teaching hate. My opinion the only way to combat this is replacing tyrannical governments with governments that are for their people and installing democracy in which leaders are kept from staying in power too long and becoming corrupt.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In war there is always casualties. But the killing of someone that is bound by 5 men with there faces hidden behind a hood is no casualty of war. It is an act of PURE EVIL that is unjustifable. There is no middle of the fence or other side of the coin. These people would kill you with no remorse, they wouldn't care what your opinion was or where you stood.

Untill the rest of the muslim word starts condeming these act of terror then there is difference between them and the sub humans who commit them.

Abu Ghraib abuse ??? What a Joke !!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What..!!? You scratched my car on purpose!? You'll never get away with this, I'll chop down your favourite tree and burn it!!

What..!!!?? You burned my favourite tree!!?? You've really gone too far this time, I'll spread rumours that you are gay, ruin your relationship with your wife and get you fired for this, you murderer of life and son of a gun!!

What..!!!!??? My reputation is ruined, my family is split and I've lost my job!! You infidel and son of satan, I shall demolish your house with a bulldozer, I shall rape thy wife and have your children fail University exam!!

What..!!!!!???? I can't believe it, my house is in ruins, my wife has gone to mental institution, my children have committed suicied...~~! DIE YOU MENACE, I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU LONG AGO.

Bam.

Dead.

Violence is always justified. How we deal with it boils down to our specific situations and way of thinking.

Screw this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
Screw this thread.

Staff give this man an applause.

Hes the first person to realize after all these pages that TSA's whole objective is to make points and generate controversy.

Just let the hungry dog bark. Keep replying and you only foster bad feelings and ill will.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
TSA i am very proud of my army and i will soon be joining but you are a piece of

Q

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As others in this thread have opined, I don't view this as a guerilla war at all in these respects.

View their actions objectively. They kidnap non-combatants, have them beg for their lives, and saw their heads off. With the IED's, they target anyone who happens to be around when the thing goes off. Car bombs are detonated next to vanloads full of schoolchildren from their own country. Bombs are detonated where men are in line to sign up for their own country's military/police. Police stations are attacked.

What is the mindset here?

Kidnap the non-combatants. Why? Because they won't fight you. They will beg for their life. They will be powerless when you go to cut off their heads. Don't actually try to go kill the enemy soldiers, no no! That's a good way to get killed. Don't try to fight anybody who would...well...fight.

Why detonate the car bomb next to the van of schoolchildren? Well, I guess they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Why bomb the police stations and your fellow countrymen signing up for service? Well, that would just be too much like a civilized society now, wouldn't it? Can't have that.

Their "enemy" wears an easily identifiable uniform, sticks out like a sore thumb, and provides public briefings on a daily basis.

They try to appear as the civillians they are allegedly fighting for (note, those are the same killed by their indiscriminate actions). They blend in to their surroundings as only a local can. If they air any public communication (read:beheading), they're wrapped in enough towels to be mistaken for a mummy, were it not for the various shoddy weapons they so proudly brandish as they saw someone's head off.

See it for what it is--these guys are not guerillas. They're you're classic chickens__t types. They have no real goal in mind, only anarchy and mindless, barbaric radical Islam.

The only way they could be satisfied in "winning" would be for everyone in the world to die or convert, and leave them to their own backwards ways.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join