It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Officials Shut Down Student Conservative Group After Seeing Anti-Obama Literature

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Here is a list of clubs that have registered with the school (Bottom of page)...The page also contains a link to what a club must do to be registered and participate in events.."Start a new club" (Top of Page)
www.palmbeachstate.edu...

YAF is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

The woman that they are claiming is "visibly upset" by the material?...It is not supported by the Youtube vid.

The Yaf folks claim they have authorization from the woman (Mrs. Ford-Morris), Mrs. Ford-Morris shows up and says no I did not give you authorization. The Yaf girl backpaddles. Mrs. Ford-Morris says "if you can show me an email, you can stay" or something to that effect. Are emails that hard to find? Also the YAF guy then says..."why are you so upset by this material" or something and Mrs. Ford-Morris says...and I QUOTE "IT DOES NOT MATTER" They did not register.

I found out how to register with the link above in less than 60 seconds.

Why did YAF show up without registering with vid cameras in hand accusing this woman of being upset about "materials"?

NOT BUYING IT.

This is young republicans following the example of thier leadership in staging controversy.

Kudos!!!!

edit on 10-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: spelling and grammer

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

If you watched the video and read the article, you would know why the club is no where to be found.

Obviously all the participants in the video were actors and the entire thing was staged simply to make the administration look bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

If you watched the video and read the article, you would know why the club is no where to be found.

Obviously all the participants in the video were actors and the entire thing was staged simply to make the administration look bad.

I watched the Video and read your OP article plus a few others for context.

Prior to "Club rush" any club is required "non-optional" to register with the university.

YAF did not do this.

In 60 seconds I found out exactly where and how to register a club with that university and provided a link to the same.

YAF evidently had enough time to produce literature, banners, get a table and chairs, round up a few memebers and set up at "Club Rush"...but they chose not to register like the other "clubs"?

Convenient that they had camera's rolling when they accused the woman in charge of clubs at the university of being upset with there literature when she point blank said "You did not register"

Strange in the video the girl claimed she ahd recieved permission directly from that woman...the woman shows up and all of sudden the YAF girl is saying something about an email she sent instead...The woman in charge asks her for the email and...evidently the YAF girl couldn't find it.

It smells...it really smells.

It's a staged controversy that serves two conservative rhetorical themes...
(1) Look!!! Republicans are victims of tyrannical liberals... and (2) Universities are full of liberal commies...Colleges are bad!!!

If you can contest via factual evidence anything I put in my post I would be happy to discuss.

edit on 10-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The YAF did register and they did get permission.

This was later denied by the administration.

The administration flat out lied about it.

But aside from that, the notion that a club has to "register" with administration in order to table at a campus rush event is utterly ridiculous.

This is a state funded campus and the administration should have no say in who tables what.

A group of militant anarchists that promotes teaching how to build pipe bombs should be allowed to setup shop if that's their thing.

edit on 10-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well, how does the old saying go?

First we get em to register, than we take em away. In regards to guns but also applies here.

Heck, we have to permit for assembly.
We have to register for speech.
What EXACTLY is our rights anymore? What rights they say.

You don't have any rights! Privileges sir! That is what we give you! You are allowed to slave for the state, that is what you are allowed. Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Saltheart, you left out all English Classes(lit, rhetoric,etc) in which it seemed that we always had the 15 minute diatribe on political issues with a leftwing slant, never understood what that had to do with Browning poetry. However, one of my most enjoyable classes in college was taking a freshman literature class as a graduating senior due to a catalogue error, found out after 2 weeks that it was not required, but was having so much fun jacking with the prof over leftwing prattle and making the freshmen aghast by harassing professor over her politics. Taking math, physics & thermo didn't waste time over off subject politics.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If they were too dumb to register in the correct way...then they deserve what they got.

It's seems so convenient for them to have "talked" to multiple people that gave them permission...with no written proof. I agree with an earlier post...sounds like this could possibly be a tactic to cause controversy.

It's also funny how they claim to know other clubs were there that didn't register...HOW do they know this??? If they know enough about the registration process that they know all the clubs that are registered correctly...HOW do they not figure out how to register correctly themselves.

Like I said...sounds like a planned controversy. Verbal permission...able to give out names of people they "talked" to...video camera on hand...straight to youtube. They will be on Fox News before the week is over.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The YAF did register and they did get permission.
This was later denied by the administration.

According to the article and the video...they say that they got VERBAL permission from someone over the phone. They never had proof in email...the girl on the video says so. She emailed the administration...and said they called her back.

I sure it's not hard to fill out the correct forms to register...they were either too dumb to do so...or did this intentionally to cause controversy. Since they said they were kicked out last Spring FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON...I'd say they are doing it intentionally. They had plenty of time to figure out how to register...stupid people shouldn't try to run a club if they can't even register properly.

The administration flat out lied about it.

How do you know this...because a faceless voice on a youtube video told you so?

You seem to only hear and believe what you want to hear and believe. Has this group shown ANY verified registration form??? Nope...they just say they "talked" to people...and apparently that is good enough for you...because that is the reality you want to believe.

But aside from that, the notion that a club has to "register" with administration in order to table at a campus rush event is utterly ridiculous.

They are free to create a club off-campus. If they want a club affiliated with the campus and use campus property and events to promote their club...then yes...they have to register...and it makes all the sense in the world. Because the campus then becomes partly responsible for what that club does involving the students that go to that college. I'm sure unregistered "clubs" could cause a college all kinds of legal trouble...I'm sure they have in the past...hence registration today. You should really think of history and the reasons why the way they are.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

English lit, that was one I only lasted 3 weeks in. Dropped that and picked up another science or math course. Cannot remember which.

I did take one psych course that was not too bad.

Yeah, when you are attempting to learn in Chem 5 times the amount of new words in the first class, than you will learn in a full year of a foreign language, not much time to talk all nicey about the utopian ideals of the professor.

You bring up thermo, never made it through that course. I was able to handle all the prerequisite calc courses but not the thermo. I did not drop the course just stayed in and audited it. Planned on retaking but.............If I remember correctly I overloaded that semester and was way over my head in trying to keep up with all the courses. So that one I just tried to absorb as much as I could.

edit to add-Just for the info, Business admin, mathematics, physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering, data processing (back before there was such a thing as home computers LOL)and a technical degree with a federal license. The last time I checked equivalent of like two bachelors and three associates. I had planned on going back to the first university and getting the final courses and degrees but went to work instead. Funny when I do interviews and the peep's go over my transcripts, they always ask why I never completed. I usually tell them the truth, I could not stand the mandatory brainwash classes and they made me ill.
I usually get a good laugh out of it.

edit on 11-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join