It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by The Vagabond

Rising Against needs an opponent still then another match will be added.

Just giving this thread a bump so people can see this as I'm happy to debate now.

I can be Rising Against opponent if he still needs one!

I have a lot of time on my hands in the weeks to come. So i can debate without delay.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Same here.

I have more time than I know what to do with now so I can pretty much start straight away also.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mods,

As an addition to my intial suggestion for loosening the time periods between debate posts maybe it could be allowed that the opponents have the ability to agree with each other when to suspend/resume the debate?

For example, I'm arguing the pro position of my debate and have already submitted my OP; I'd be quite happy to agree with Jenny that she post her OP and then we will suspend the debate for a few days until next week, at least that way it would give us chance to get Christmas day, Boxing day etc out of the way.

I realise that this would in effect give us more time to formulate our answers and thus kind of bend the reason why 24 hour deadlines are involved in the first place but I'm suggesting that everyone could have this ability if they wanted it?

Just trying to make things a little easier for everyone, like I mentioned originally I love this site and debating but on Christmas day for example I'll be popping in chat to day say hello and give my christmas wishes but posting in the debates will probably be the last thing on my mind.

I also know that some members on here will post come rain or shine, regardless of whether it's Christmas day or not - that's fine but its not really fair for the lesser dedicated members who have children, large families, other Christmas stuff etc to get out the way.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
me thinks this is a pretty good idea death

it is christmas, i love ats but i would love to spent some time and dinner with my family
so mutual agreement and everything should be fine!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

reply to post by Death_Kron

I thought mutual agreement was already possible. So far, it has happened in all three of my debates.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I thought mutual agreement was already possible. So far, it has happened in all three of my debates.
--airspoon

Oh right, fair enough then. I wasn't sure to be honest hence my suggestions but if it's already possible then no worries, merry Christmas everyone!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thank you, Death_Kron! Whew, I was wondering how I was gonna get everything done and give the debate my full attention so quickly. I won't be but a few hours behind.

If the shopping was decent in my hometown, it wouldn't be so hard. I have to travel to get anything nicer than deodorant and lifesavers!!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Just would like to draw attention to the Airspoon v KrazyJethro debate. In particular, this post. KrazyJethro is labeling his socratic questions with a general header "Socratic Responses & Return Questions:" and then bolding the actual questions, even though they're paragraphs away from the label that they're socratic questions, and he starts his first actual question with "one might also ask" which sort of diminishes the certainty that he's definitely asking them.

On a second read, it's clear that bold means it's a socratic question, but the labeling is such that it could possibly be missed. This debate is turning out surprisingly strong, and it would be sad for the misleading labeling to lead to Airspoon missing the questions, leading to delays and moderators having to clarify and paste responses in at a later date.

So I'd just like to call attention to it. Airspoon..if you're reading this, yeah, I'm pretty sure those are socratic questions. KrazyJethro, if you're reading this...you might consider labeling them a bit more clearly.

Thanks.

That is correct, the bold were my return questions. This was something that me and my opponent had discussed in u2u so we had an understanding. The method seemed, upon review, to have the same impression to me so I changed my tactic to make it more clear to those not actually IN the debate.

Anyway, thanks for saying it's coming out strong. We're both trying to put on a good show and I hope people read our debate.

So, in a shameless plug, GO READ THE AWESOME AND INCREDIBLE DEBATE ON ASSASSINATION

Peace
KJ

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Also, Air and I have mutually agreed to take a small pause for the Christmas festivities. Debate resuming on the 26th, which seems reasonable. Just a heads up so you don't get worried we fell into our "adult" eggnog. We know how you ATS folks like to fuss over the two of us. We love you too.

Merry Christmas to the Christians and others that celebrate it, and Peace to you and your families for those that don't.

Peace
KJ

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Slackers...

I finished my debate while on vacation...yeah, yeah...I could have done better....

Happy Holidays All!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hey! I finally managed to post my opening argument! Thanks for being patient, Death_Kron. I'm with you on wanting to enjoy my Christmas, so I will do you the same kindness you did me and wait for a reply.

I am enjoying the debate already. I have to make candies and and cookies and pies (oh,my) today, so I shall check back later!

Ta-ta for now!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have to say I really enjoy the comradarie in the debate forum. Civil competitive debate...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'd like to get involved in the next tourney if possble.
Just sayin'
Thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

No problems Jenny, just posted my counter to your OP. Take your time though, like I said it's Christmas and as long as the mods don't mind then I have no problem being flexible with the time periods.
edit on 24/12/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You are good to the core, honey!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it! See you all after the holidays, looking forward to it!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks for your patience, Death_Kron! This is my first day at home since Christmas, and I am trying to work in the debate along with all the other post-holiday rigamarole! I should be able to work on my argument and post by this afternoon! Hope you had a satisfying holiday!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

No problems Jenny, like I said, take your time.

I'm patience enough

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just wondering if my debate will be posted anytime soon?

It seems as though someone has volunteered to be my opponent already so I'm just curious as I can't wait to get started.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So, it seems that when I hit preview on my reply screen, it posted my debate post unfinished. I'll have to message Vagabond and ask what can be done!

At least it's all saved on openoffice! WHEW!

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join