It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution For Burn A Quran Day: Invite Muslims to Burn a Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hell, they can even bring a copy of the Tanakh and the Talmud if they so please.

That's right, BYOQ, BYOT, BYOB, and burn baby burn.

What better way to set all the differences aside.
Rather than taking the old "an eye for an eye" approach, why not just kinda "turn the other cheek", invite your so called enemy and have a big old Monotheistic bon-fire.

In reality, I doubt they would even accept the invitation.
Still, at least the invitation would be out there for all to see, and if they happen to refuse then the world would know they have no plans of ever living side by side with the infidel, be it Jew or Christian.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Books are not for burning. Intolerance fuels intolerance fuels intolerance fuels intolerance fuels...

A better solution would be to not participate in such idiocy.

edit on 8-9-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can we burn flags too?

I'll even be an Equal Opportunity Flag Burner and bring one from every nation to burn ceremoniously.

Seriously though, although your idea has merit...what is the point in burning books any way? I still haven't recovered emotionally from the Christians burning books at the Library of Alexandria in March of 415.

You can burn a book but thankfully you can't burn an idea...and considering the "Persecution Complex" most Christians in America have, you'd think they would understand better than most by now that if you persecute someone for their religious beliefs that you only make them stronger.

There is an old saying about letting sleeping dogs lie that is most appropriate in situations like this that the good Reverend might be wise to consider.

However, if everyone is hell-bent on an old-fashioned Book Burning, I'll bring the marshmallows and some meat & veggies to grill.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Muslims consider the Bible a holy book. Real Muslims would not burn a Bible especially for such a stupid reason. You should learn more about Muslims but I do understand your point.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Buddhists would welcome people to burn holy symbols of Buddhism, because they believe in the impermanence of everything. They believe in not attaching themselves to transient existence.

Western religions have this stupid idea that physical items are holy and should be treated with respect, as if they weren't made from cut down trees, mined metals, or tap water.

Buddhism promotes sanity, western religions promote insanity.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
simply burning some bibles would never suffice. They'd probably have to blow up a Barnes & Noble, killing several people along the way

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In the mideast, Muslims already burn bibles on a regular basis.

If you bring a bible into Saudi Arabia, you bible will be confiscated and destroyed.

But I see your point. Rather than calling for the death of the person doing this wouldn't it be the same if some Muslims just burnt some bibles?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why invite each other to commit an action that encourages hate?

I think we should invite each other for tea instead...

Why not give peace a chance? What's it going to do? Kill you?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

What is it going to do, you ask?

Sit a couple hundred people down for a civilized tea and it will kill hatred and bigotry! That is what it will do!

It's easy to hate some vague and obtuse image of some unsubstantiated stereotype. However, when you meet with people face to face and realize that they are just like you and your friends, they have families that they love, and have similar wants and desires and concerns in life as you do, you can no longer fuel the hysterical flames of hatred.

So, if you kill hatred and bigotry then how do you suppose you are going to get them to follow your political agenda like lemmings? If you kill hatred and bigotry how do you suppose you are going to sell them fear and uncertainty? Don't be suggesting options that will put good people like Rupert Murdoch out of a job!

Unless you are wanting to replace that hatred and bigotry towards Muslims with hatred and bigotry towards someone else who might be different...

(I jest, I jest!)

And really, if the word "peace" just gives a person the heebie-jeebies and makes them think that if they consider giving peace a chance they are going to fail their next drug test, then consider it practice of the Golden Rule of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." A little civility over tea can go a long way...just look at what it did for the British!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Omg! you guys really have no idea how to troll. Trolling is an art (even the recent BBC article said it). What you must do is send good wishes or even praise (just so they don't get suspicious in beginning) to this Church by post (mail) for burning Quran with just a little addition - add a Happy Eid stamp on the letter.

If they don't notice it you win, if they do notice it they will rage..be angry and you still win.
Guess what! this time the Eid is falling on 9/11 the same day the Church is planning to burn these books. All the more reason to send these stamps.

It's a peaceful way and adds more meaning than burning book as you are sending them good wishes too.

Anticipating applause for this epic idea but then again I am epic fail guy so know it won't come true

edit on 8-9-2010 by EFGuy because: Failed in spelling :/

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If they really need a date to provoke eachother i would respect that, but not participate in, if they would leave eachother alone the rest of the 364 days in the year.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about a few books next year solar flares will scorch the earth repeatedly, Donald Trump's hair-piece will be the only thing that will survive it......

edit on 8-9-2010 by strangleholder1 because: Drugs!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry
Books are not for burning. Intolerance fuels intolerance fuels intolerance fuels intolerance fuels...

A better solution would be to not participate in such idiocy.

edit on 8-9-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)

Idiocy is ignoring the situation completety and hoping it will simply just go away.
Well, I've got news for you, it won't.
Book burning or not, they are and will continue to be intolerant of the infidel.

I know it's College Football season but you see it's like this; you can burn books now while you still have a choice, or you can burn them later, against your will while you are being forced to convert or die.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
tell me, how does this make the other act right?
Didnt your parents ever tell you 2 wrongs dont make a right?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Where is the hate if it's an invitation?
By inviting and allowing your enemy to destroy that which is true and dear to your heart you are basically showing the world that you making a sort of a sacrifice in front of your enemy.
I they don't wish to pariticipate then it shows their true colors.

I admit, giving peace a chance is the the most ideal solution, but unfortunately this idea, along with many other Liberal idealogies, only works in theory.

This can never work in the "real world" and the reason is plain and simple, THEY, the enemy, DON'T WANT PEACE!

Example: For every weapon we lay down on the battle field there is no way in hell you can gurarantee that the enemy will do the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
tell me, how does this make the other act right?
Didnt your parents ever tell you 2 wrongs dont make a right?

Yes, but frankly...I've never put much faith in my parents.....heh

On a side note, I think the SMART move would be to try an engage in a "discussion" with the populations of the Middle East and help them realize that WE HAVE EXTREMISTS (This supposed "Pastor" as an example) as well. Perhaps once BOTH sides realize that we ALL have to deal with lunatic, fringe crackpots who think THEIR WAY is GOD'S WAY, we might be able to expel these....self-depreciating, hypocritical ideologies ONCE and for ALL.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If this ridiculous Quaran burning goes ahead, I see a whole new can of worms opening up.

Is it reallly worth all the potential trouble it may bring ? I think not.

I do not agree with this and NO I AM not a MUSLIM in fact, I follow no religion.

res

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i have a better idea! everyone could just grow up and stop hating other beliefs and opinions. esp. when most of the hate comes from ppl who don't fully understand the things they hate.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Muslims burning a Bible in response to the Koran burning would be something stupid to do. The best thing to do would be to let these savages have their fun and burn the Koran and hope that they act like fools, if you are there to protest the Koran burning, just behave civilized and cause no spectacle. Doing a slow "No, no, no" movement with your head would add more to the effect.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
i have a better idea! everyone could just grow up and stop hating other beliefs and opinions. esp. when most of the hate comes from ppl who don't fully understand the things they hate.

Another great idea that only works in theory.
Of course, in the real world, if you were to go over yonder to explain "other beliefs and opinions", you won't make it back.
Case in point, the recent humanitarian effort in Afghanistan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join