It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangles...Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i have what i believe to be a siteing it was 2008 i belive i was in afganistan on a fob we were artillery and we were waiting for a mission to shot while we were waiting we noticed some strange red lights what looked to be at least 7 to 8 miles away from what we could tell they were very high in the sky but moved with sutch speed that it couldnt have been anything of ours and one thing i keep hereing oh it was just planes no wrong couldnt have been military aircraft fly dark in combat these things were bright red almost like what mars looks like when you see it in the sky at night but closer and more whats the word more detailed i guess you could say tell me what you think

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I would like to think that the Triangles are ours. This subject has been talked about quite a bit here and ive posted several topics on the subject. It *might* be reversed Alien technology, but who knows really.

In the end, they remain a huge enigma in Ufology. If they are some sort of top secret black ops craft, then they sure arent being secretive about it. I still do not buy the stealth blimp theory either. I think that they are actual craft of some sort.....used for what? I have no idea.

The size of some of these craft being reported is also impressive. From football stadium sized craft to craft up to a mile long.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am aware that sightings of these black triangles have been happening since well before the Iraq invasion and subsequent meat grinder campaign against terror but hear this out for an idea:
Im not convinced that these black triangles are supposed to be aircraft in the traditional sense . I mean thats obvious from the shape and lack of jet propulsion, but Im refering to intended use here. Currently , tanks and personel/cargo carriers are vunerable to attack from IED. Its a well documented threat, and one which is responsible for the majority of allied deaths at this time. They work in a variety of ways, but the basic premise is an explosive charge , linked to either a remote detonator, a preasure detonator, or some similar proximity trigger. They detonate, and gouge massive holes in the ground,throwing anything in the blast radius around, and causing explosive damage, the results of which I need not explain here. Others launch armour piercing explosive rounds from extremely close range toward the cabs or drivers seats of vehicles. Pretty nasty. One of the solutions which the military were harping on about was to have more helicopters, and this is because a heli can drop in and out of the battle space without touching the ground, and this obviously is preferable to driving mile after mile of explosive strewn highway and dirt track.
Perhaps these black triangles are in fact some kind of advanced , unreleased form of what I would call a skimmer tank. Anti gravity proppelled vehicles, with variable altitude capablility, useful for avoiding IED and ground based explosions, and capable in a pinch of increasing altitude to quite some impressive degree.
This would explain the often modest altitude which they attain. If they arent really aircraft, it makes sense that they would have limited lift capability.
Also , they are reported to be near on silent, giving them a massive advantage over things like tanks and helis both of which are unreasonably loud. Imagine a Warrior or Conquerer Tank, floating over the battlespace silently , stealthily approaching a target and lining up a shot without being tracked by engine noise. It may seem a small advantage, but with the probability that these things are stealth adapted like the bombers of the same name, thats a massive advantage.
Imagine it. Stealthy , low risk troop infiltration and extraction capability , similarly masked strike capability , not bound by road, or even the small amount of terrain that currently binds tanks and other armoured vehicles, capable of being used as a mobile command platform.... theres alot , and I mean one whole hell of a lot of things these black triangles could be used for in the theatre of war.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
let me explain
these are alien
there letting us know they are here
i ve been seeing them alot lately
somthing is up
when did u see this craft?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
if you were talking to me icecold i saw these things some time in 2008 time is hard to recall some times when in combat days just melt together

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I believe its those military planes that look like a black triangle. I still like the fact that people have reported seeing these things and how right they were all along.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
But again, there is that controversial video I saw depicting a big triangle craft moving away from Phoenix, Arizona at the time the famous Phoenix incident occurred. People did say they saw it above them and it was a mile long or so hovering above the city. Sounded like “Independence Day” but I believed them. Its funny though how the government dropped flares after the incident in Phoenix. Those bastards. The video with the triangle struck me as the real deal because the way the object moved. It had the eerie twist. From my knowledge the cameraman is still anonymous. I think a got a lot of this info from James Fox documentary.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
I would like to think that the Triangles are ours.

NUERON - France

TANARIS- United Kingdom

X-45 C UAV Boeing Corporation - USA

Looking out the window of STS61C

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Is this what your describing?
usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It has been known throughout history in the universe that three sides are easier to build than four.

obligatory 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If that is the craft your speaking of it's wicked cool I got to see it once at the vp fair in St. Louis MO. Ahh the perks of living so close to Boeing! TBH as soon as you said Triangle I went right to google and grabbed a link for you. When I came back I read the rest of your post
as I got further into it you were describing it's capabilities but I think you may have been being sarcastic idk for sure. Funny thing is you were right XD here is a link to Boeing it has a brief outline of it's timeline and capabilities all nice and organized there with a fancy picture of it. There are other designs besides this one just search boeing's search box with the term "stealth" to see the others if your still interested.

www.boeing.com...

Off topic there was another aircraft designed by them it hovers! Can't tell by lookin at it that it would be able to cuz it looks so heavy but they displayed that one at the vp fair in St. Louis MO as well, they even let people walk inside of it and check out the cockpit. When they lifted off it was so loud that my ears may have bleed but there it was just hoovering there! That one was probably my favorite over the years of Boeing's showcases

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great pictures Zorgon, thanks for posting them up. I hadn't seen the X-45 C UAV and had only read a lttle on it.

reply to post by yasysay

I know what they look like.. seen lots of pictures and footage of the B2.

Zorg and Yay,

None of those designs are anything like I what I saw. The object I saw at about 1 mile distance for a few minutes as it hovered over fields and did some different movements, etc had a flat top and bottom section, triangular with tightly curved radius apex on each corner, an orangey light inside each apex and a large one in the centre.

Nothing like our known Stealth equipment. Oh, and completely silent on that still night in the country.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
In the fall of roughly '92 or '93 I saw a craft similar to the X-45 C but a tad smaller and not quite so harshly straight lines. It hovered, and was totally silent. You could have heard a pin drop. When it "left" it either cloaked or left so fast the human eye couldn't see it, again with no noise.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just for the record, what I saw was definitely NOT a stealth bomber, apart from being big enough to fit several bombers on it the speed was such that it would as others have said and stalled. Also a stealth bomber just above my head would have deafened me.

Again I say I believe it is one of ours but despite the numerous triangle shape craft in dev that we know of, none of them come close to the size of what I saw, and the size is such an issue with me as said. There are indeed some interesting shapes, from a craft that looks like the one from the film Stealth to a more stealth look but the ability to hover is interesting although other hover related craft tend to be fairly noisy.

I'm still flummoxed at the size, to put it simply, the bigger it is the easier to see and therefore to hit are the only logical things that come to mind. I may well be wrong but I have never seen a report of one of these slow big 'things' suddenly shooting off, or have there been?

Mine just carried on in a straight line heading in towards central London.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
These are man-made military spy and recon craft. Different huge blimps of all shapes and sizes have been in use in Iraq and Afghanistan for years. My buddy in the Navy in Iraq states they are loaded with cameras and sensors and typical preceed troops into battle to scout everything out. And yes, they take alot of fire.

What has been reported here is they are big, black, silent, red lights, etc. This all equals stealth and recon. Black and silent = Not detected at night. Red lights are probably some sort of infrared night vision technology. Big = takes alot of helium to stay aloft.

I've read before where they usually can produce pin points of light on the underside to blend in with the night sky/stars etc.

Here is a Washington Post article from 2006. So you know they must be in production by now.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Another article from Defense Industry Daily discussing a multitude of Blimp projects.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Hold the phones! You have a company working on this tech right in your own backyard. Check out their site. They are working on a contract from the US military.

www.hybridairvehicles.net...

Contact Us

Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd. (HAV)
Hangar 2
Cardington Airfield
Shortstown
Bedford
MK42 0TG
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)1234 744900
Fax: +44 (0)1234 743582
Email: [email protected]

Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd is registered in England
Registered Office: One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS
Registration Number: 06270723
VAT Number: 916166424

edit on 9-9-2010 by kingkool because: Additional Helpful Link

edit on 9-9-2010 by kingkool because: More info

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Nothing like our known Stealth equipment. Oh, and completely silent on that still night in the country.

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
I'm still flummoxed at the size, to put it simply, the bigger it is the easier to see and therefore to hit are the only logical things that come to mind. I may well be wrong but I have never seen a report of one of these slow big 'things' suddenly shooting off, or have there been?

Mine just carried on in a straight line heading in towards central London.

I do not doubt either of your sightings and if you have the time I wouldn't mind a small report to add to the collection of sightings I have...

Now one of my contacts currently works at 45th Wing Space Command out of Patrick AFB (Cape Kennedy). His wife watches the shuttle launches from her porch. She told me his job is a 'paper shuffler'
What he does is assign the secrecy level to the docs BEFORE sending them to the Pentagon..

He told me a little story.. when he first enlisted... just a personal sighting. We figure it was a test, because after that he received his current position.

During war games at Hill AFB, Utah, I was standing out on the flightline, guarding the perimeter, the entry-access control point. The rest of the base was in black out conditions, with black plastic over the windows of the buildings. All of the sudden, an aircraft or an airship was above me, of unknown origin. It was the biggest aircraft I have ever seen, completely silent and moved approximately ten miles an hour, almost floating. It was triangular, no visible engines, no markings, gun metal black. It essentially looked like it could fly in space. And when it accelerated, it leaped frog; that it is to say, it blinked out and reappeared farther away. It basically disappeared when it accelerated.

BV

Now I have no reason to doubt him... but the interesting point here is that this was in 1985...25 years ago.

So please send me your report... even if just a short one like BV's

Here is one sent to John Lear awhile back

Huge Spaceplane Sighted Over Ireland in 2004

John did a thread on this one in 2007
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Your thread reminded me of a wierd dream regarding mathematics triangles circles and spheres? I'm crap at maths socant help. Sorry off topic but one or some of you may see.
Also involved a village in a valley where I was getting chased by nutjobs trying to bite me. Scared the # out of me, especially when they just keep coming no matter what's done.
Sorry.
Mathematics is a right head blag to me and how iit related toi the dream defeats me. But I would say that the mathematical solution is best area where answer will be found.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Tayesin or Mclaneinc could either of you maybe draw a rough design of what you saw I'm having a hard time visualizing the difference between the stealth and what your describing, other than just size. It is also helpful for years later when people try to pick apart eye-witness descriptions of possible UFO sightings.

Zorgon I didn't know Dugway did aircraft 25 years ago O.O! I saw a vid yesterday interviewing a scientist from Lockheed Martin in Texas that said they moved A51's Aerial programs to Utah because there were to many encroachments on their land in Nevada. This was not 25 years ago though. Was this Dugway your talking about or was there another base there 25 years ago? Excelent record btw

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well crap sorry I forgot to link that video. He makes the comment about A51 pretty late into the vid. IMO it's worth watching the whole thing. I love how scientists get all excite about their discoveries like a little kid in a candy store =D

I tried to embed it but it's not a youtube or a google vid so I can't :-/

www.ufo-blogger.com...

you will find the video about mid page

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yasysay

This is what most would say the classic Black Triangle looks like:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join