It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
lol now I feel foolish. It doesn't look so much like a city now.....I guess the quality of images matters a lot.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
No, I am not "99.9" sure that an ancient civilization was once on Mars. There is simply no evidence to support that wild theory.

Occasionally, I like to scan the Martian images with the thought of, "If I was a civilization, with towns and transportation systems, and so on, where would I be?" And I naturally think I would be located by the shores of large lakes, oceans and rivers in the more temperate zones of the planet. Yeah, on Earth you find big cities in odd, far away places, but you find most of them where two or more large rivers meet the sea.

I've looked at these places, here and there, on Mars. And it sure doesn't look like there was any kind of large civilization there as I understand it. Yeah, after billions of years maybe it could have eroded away. But I personally don't have any way of proving it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

When I started looking at Mars photos I noticed that, mostly because of the unusual shapes we see, things are hard to interpret, so we tend to find similarities with things we know, but I always got the idea that I didn't have enough data to make a good interpretation, so I start looking for better images and other sources.

Most of the photos we see on sites are not full resolution images (probably because a high resolution image shows a smaller area and becomes less interesting for a general idea), and when we look at the full resolution images we can see how much we were losing.

Image compression is also a problem (and Google Earth makes it worse, because they have to map the photo over the 3D representation of Mars and make it even worse when they add the 3D shapes, distorting the images), and in many cases the original images are not compressed or they are compresses with a loss-less algorithm.

But Mars, even without ancient civilizations, it's a very interesting topic, specially for those that like geology.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
these second image will show that there seems to be a kind of a pathway of some sort that connects each group.

Could you please explain what you mean by that? I don't see any kind of pathway.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

these second image will show that there seems to be a kind of a pathway of some sort that connects each group.

Could you please explain what you mean by that? I don't see any kind of pathway.

Thanks in advance.

welcome.

my initial observation was a "pathway"...but it could be something else like the transition of the bright lower section and the upper elevation.

please note the red line....

edit on 1-4-2011 by alphaMegas because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This thread brings sadness. After it was turned from the lush earth like planet to the destitute one, it is suitable for one being mainly, and we need to stop them from doing this to earth. A window of memory there. Many here share that same history and don't know it, and yes we were human, originally from elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

That's the top of the dune.

I think they are too small to be noticeable but I will look for a 3d image of dunes like those.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

That's the top of the dune.

I think they are too small to be noticeable but I will look for a 3d image of dunes like those.

This particular area is relatively flat. Point A to B which runs for about 22 meters has a one meter decrease in elevation. Implying that the area where i pointed the "pathways"to be are slighty declined and not cresting so it could not be possibly the "top".

heres the details...

But if this image:

was taken here on earth I will call it a BERM structure...

Modern usage In modern military engineering, berm has come to mean the earthen or sod wall or parapet itself. The term especially refers to a low earthern wall adjacent to a ditch. The digging of the ditch (often by a bulldozer or combat engineering vehicle) can provide the soil from which the berm is constructed. Walls constructed in this manner are an effective obstacle to vehicles, including most armoured fighting vehicles, but are easily crossed by infantry. Because of the ease of construction, such walls can be made hundreds or thousands of kilometres long.

edit on 2-4-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't understand it, which is higher, point A or point B?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

point A elevation is -4490 point B elevation is -4491. Point A is higher by a meter.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

edit on 2-4-2011 by alphaMegas because: double post

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I agree..

The evidence you posted is very intact. There is very much evidence that Mars used to harbor life and maybe once we have an opportunity to set humans on the surface, we can find more answers.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Siloras

Martian male reproductive tract found in Martian meteorite--proof for alien life

Figure 1 below is marked for fossilized partial remains of possible male reproductive tract found in a fragment of Nakhlite meteorite that originated from Mars:

Figure 1: 10,000X Electron image by University of Leicester, UK, marked by me.
www.wretch.cc...

Compare with: Earthly male reproductive tract, showing
epididymis with pseudostratified columnar epithelium with stereocilia.
www.sciencesway.com... (see histology lab slide 55 & slide 56)

wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

edit on 3/4/11 by masqua because: Trimmed C/P, added 'ex' tags and a link

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by linliangtai

linliangtai,
hi...
i am a hardcore proponent of life on mars, as life like a civilization, fully humanoid like people, possibly much advance than our very own civilization.but as such claim cannot be substantiated, yet, i found your post really awesome...it would seem to say that hey people here's what youve been looking for...

but your data is to clinical for us. i think it needs "transliterating"?
like how would you explain such "reproductive tracts" became embedded and become fossilized and eventually became a meteorite?

if it was embedded earlier in a clay matrix would it mean there was an ancient male martian body (anatomically)involved
and was scattered when blasted from mars till it touched down here on earth?
how did it survived and retained their cellular structures when they should have been scorched upon entry into our atmosphere.

your the best person to expound on this. hope you wont mind , would you?
just asking.

i repeat, your data is awesome, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well i have heard there is a boy in russia who is supposed to be a martian in his previous birth.
Heres link

Boriska-Boy from mars

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sauryon

i do have lots of martian humanoid images but very reluctant to post it here for fear of ridicule.
one thing I could say though is that they really are tall...ranging from 3 to 8 meters some even more.
but with google as my imaging source, not acceptable to most ,"experts" even branded them useless...ridiculous and unreliable...well

i tried posting some of them in some other threads but , you know the rest of the story....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Try me. I promise you I won't say anything bad about your images. I studied many Martian fossils. They are displayed in my website wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
and in my albums wretch.cc...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sauryon

I followed your link and read "..... but we would observe life on planet Earth on triangular aircrafts."

Those "we" could not be real Martians living on/in Mars in the last 300 million years. I believe those "we" were really dead devils living in Mars in some periods in the last 300 million years.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

reply to post by linliangtai

linliangtai,
hi...
i am a hardcore proponent of life on mars, as life like a civilization, fully humanoid like people, possibly much advance than our very own civilization.but as such claim cannot be substantiated, yet, i found your post really awesome...it would seem to say that hey people here's what youve been looking for...

but your data is to clinical for us. i think it needs "transliterating"?
like how would you explain such "reproductive tracts" became embedded and become fossilized and eventually became a meteorite?

if it was embedded earlier in a clay matrix would it mean there was an ancient male martian body (anatomically)involved
and was scattered when blasted from mars till it touched down here on earth?
how did it survived and retained their cellular structures when they should have been scorched upon entry into our atmosphere.

your the best person to expound on this. hope you wont mind , would you?
just asking.

i repeat, your data is awesome, thanks for sharing.

No one, except gods, angels, or devils, knows exactly what happened to Martians billions of years ago. However, I do know that Martians died out in mass (went extinct totally in huge numbers in one instant) billions of years ago. The dead Martian bodies still litter on Martian surfaces all over Mars. But the dead bodies turnd into rock-like objects, unrecognizable in most cases on the body level. That is to say their body forms are nearly all gone, possibly becasue of contraction, fusing or compaction, after billions of years. The same is more or less true for Martians on the system level and organ level. But on the cellular level and possibly tissue level of every dead Martian body, preservation is nearly perfect. That is, cells/tissues are perfectly preserved.

Most meteorites originate from Mars and are parts of dead Martian (animal, human, plant) fossilized bodies.
See Details in my post at:

edit on 4-4-2011 by linliangtai because: I forgot to add my own reply to what I quoted.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
More proof:
Clear proof of Martian life in meteorite ALH84001

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join