It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i]reply to post by Mercurio

this lovely view is taken from a quaint british countryside in somerset, uk, called the Glastonbury Tor. People come to this mount not only to tour but also for some sort of pilgrimage .

while these stark and seemingly lifeless mounds in Mars bears very striking resemblance if not uncanny and even looks more elaborate with what we got here on our planet.only difference is the green scenery. who copied who? and whose doing the pilgrimage there?

these mounds could have been formed by a receding body of water but still there is an "unnatural" feeling to them mounds...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
these mounds could have been formed by a receding body of water but still there is an "unnatural" feeling to them mounds...

Can you explain to me what you think is so unnatural about eroded rock formations?

There are natural rock formations like those all over the earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skyjohn

Can you explain to me what you think is so unnatural about eroded rock formations?

well if you noticed it, i typed unnatural with "unnatural".
and do you mean this Martian eroded rock formation?
can you show me of any erroded terrestial rock formation resembling these Martian rock formation?

im all eyes to that...then i would edit unnatural to just natural.

and i refered to them as mounds not rock formations...thats a huge mountain of difference...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The photos of Mars you posted are very clearly of eroded layers of solid rock.

They aren't made of smaller rocks piled up into those shapes.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
The photos of Mars you posted are very clearly of eroded layers of solid rock.

They aren't made of smaller rocks piled up into those shapes.

for one am mighty glad you mentioned my photos were clear ones. most complained not seeing anything at all...

now here are some details:

red lines shows the space/distance between one tier/level to the next one.
blue lines shows the height of the wall or next step or higher level or elevation which ranges from 5 to 7 meters high.
bold yellow line is a ragged line which show or indicates that there are uneven surfaces that it comes across its
path, meaning it crossed irregular planes.

i counted at least 6 levels here...

if this "erosion" is caused by a receding body of water it should show a more gentler slope....typically with a V/H sloping ratio of 1:4 or even more and no sudden abrupt rise or fall in between tiers or levels.

And yes they are made of big and small rocks piled to retain the circular formation...which i think what makes me feel something is unnatural with this "rock formation".

yellow circles typical section only of the rocks piled up.it goes all the way round...
edit on 29-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info.

edit on 29-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well it's nice you can magically measure heights from a 2D image.....

And have you really never seen layered rock formations before?
Come back and have a discussion when you have a basic understanding of geology.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well it's nice you can magically measure heights from a 2D image.....

And have you really never seen layered rock formations before?
Come back and have a discussion when you have a basic understanding of geology.

i gave you data you called it magic...
i meant that reply to open up a discussion and i was hoping you can present a perhaps much better and accurate data.
now you are requiring some sort of qualification in replying to a thread?
hello, am i feeding a troll here?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You're drawing random lines over a screenshot of Google Earth/Mars and picking measurements out of thin air.

The measurements you posted on the scale of the object are absolutely worthless.

How do you expect to be taken seriously when you've just been making data up.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You're drawing random lines over a screenshot of Google Earth/Mars and picking measurements out of thin air.

The measurements you posted on the scale of the object are absolutely worthless.

How do you expect to be taken seriously when you've just been making data up.

Google linear measurement data are very reliable and accurate to the millimeters.

it may not be the best tool for the job but its the best that we civvies got, what i got...

my data just didnt come out in thin air. they are verifiable not magic...

google earth apps may not be too savvy for you but at least will provide us basic data...

Seriously, how serious are you?

btw, im still waiting for those earthly eroded rock formation images you said can be found all over here on earth?
hope its a close comparison to the ones in Mars....

carry on matey....

edit on 30-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

edit on 30-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: revised info.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
How can you not understand where you're doing wrong here.

You have a 2D aerial image that has all sorts of issues with perspective from the original photography and the added perspective distortion within the 3D application itself.

You cannot use this screenshot of Google Earth/Mars and draw random lines over it to extrapolate any kind of reliable length/height data.
edit on 30-3-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
btw, im still waiting for those earthly eroded rock formation images you said can be found all over here on earth?
hope its a close comparison to the ones in Mars....

Something like this?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
here is a link to info about google measuring, for those that want to do some investigating and it would seem that skyjohn is agreeing that mars once had water and wind, which i guess would also indicate some type of atmosphere in order to make these 'earth like' formations.....just saying

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here is a link to info about google measuring, for those that want to do some investigating and it would seem that skyjohn is agreeing that mars once had water and wind, which i guess would also indicate some type of atmosphere in order to make these 'earth like' formations.....just saying

Mars has an atmosphere:
en.wikipedia.org...

And wind:

And there are sea/river beds and flood plains which point to Mars once having large quantities of liquids on the surface, which was most likely water.

So yes SkyJohn believes in facts...
edit on 30-3-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Terra Papers mention there being a war on Mars. Mars also seemed to have a stable magnetic field, but something happened to the planet, possibly a collision, that threw the field out of alignment, thus exposing the atmosphere to Solar radiation, leaving it a barren wasteland. According to some insider reports, the atmosphere is breathable, similar to very heavy/polluted air, and apparantley there is an ancient base there with a teleporter that is still connected to Earth.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
According to some insider reports, the atmosphere is breathable, similar to very heavy/polluted air.

Do I have to link this again?
en.wikipedia.org...

The atmosphere on Mars in 95% Carbon Dioxide, and 0.1% Oxygen

It is not breathable by humans.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
here are two images from Cydonia

the symbol, which looks like the number 5 from another angle, sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is even more stunning (although I realize the "Stonehenge" I pointed to probably is just a bunch of naturally formed rocks, but I don't want to have to go back and change it right now), what I want you to focus on is the "Bridge" which looks undeniably artificial, whatever it is. I wonder if anyone else noticed it before?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I, and i'm sure most of you also, are 99.9% sure that at some point in time there were civilisations on mars and the moon. They may still be there now, just below the surface. The proof is there, all you have to do is look. I dont understand how such a large population of this planet can just ignore this type of world changing information and just carry on living life blinded by material possesions and all the other distractions that THEY have put infront of us to stop us looking up. Who knows, maby one day this type of information will be in the history books and people will look back and say "How could they not know that?!"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

No, I am not "99.9" sure that an ancient civilization was once on Mars. There is simply no evidence to support that wild theory.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

This is even more stunning (although I realize the "Stonehenge" I pointed to probably is just a bunch of naturally formed rocks, but I don't want to have to go back and change it right now), what I want you to focus on is the "Bridge" which looks undeniably artificial, whatever it is. I wonder if anyone else noticed it before?

Though the i can't find the "bridge", (image could have been so compressed when viewed from a farther distance from above that gives it a resembling image of a bridge) sure there are lots of interesting images that cropped up...
like this...

the crisscrossing yellow and red lines just to emphasize that it really is a fairly large "hill"
and if those objects i circled in lightblue are "rocks or boulders" then they are huge in the sense that their sizes (lenght) range from 15 to 30 meters...

but looking at the scenery at this perspective, it seems more like an ancient "dam" or floodgates that spans between the two ranges

i haven't explored the # 5 area yet but I have "breaking news for those
i.space.com...

and maybe then we can get some sense what these eerie out of this world images are

am not making comment on these "dunes" but members are most welcome to do so...
edit on 31-3-2011 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

It took me longer than I thought to get these images (it's a shame I cannot get paid to look at Martian photos
), but here they are.

You can click in all images to see the unresized versions, but be prepared for large images and slow download speeds.

"Downtown"

"Northside"

"Eastside"

As expected, the "face" doesn't look like a face when seen at a higher definition.

The "bridge"

All images were rotated to have North to the right, as the ones you posted.

An interesting area.

All images from the CTX camera on Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, with a resolution of 5 meters per pixel.
Images used: B20_017468_1484_XI_31S178W
B19_016901_1491_XN_30S178W
P15_006893_1510_XN_29S178W

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join