It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Phobus (fear) and Deimos (terror) were sons of Ares and followed him into battle.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This one is NW of Endymion same width as crater. I am sure ArMaP can point out where to find it in this picture

Maybe, but only at the end of the day.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah I know, I know is not your fault I'll get the original ones and hand them to you.

Give me few minutes.

Thanks again man.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z - WOW!! (hehehe - "Z-Wow")

Mike's photos with the right angles has "Arizona" labeled on it -- is it a photo of Arizona or of Mars???

If from Mars, that photo is unbelievable -- after reading this site re odds, I'd love to see the odds calculated on all those evenly spaced right angles...

Good work Z (wow!)
:

edit on 9-9-2010 by Yukitup because: to clarify photo re Arizona or Mars...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In 1950, Japanese astromers reported what they thought was a nuclear explosion on Mars. I don't know if anyone every explained that. It's just one of the many "anomalies" that have been reported by astronomers over the years, and not only on Mars.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
In 1950, Japanese astromers reported what they thought was a nuclear explosion on Mars. I don't know if anyone every explained that. It's just one of the many "anomalies" that have been reported by astronomers over the years, and not only on Mars.

I have done a cursory search for this story, and could not find it. Any chance you might have something with which to elucidate this with?

I have been at this a loooong time. This is the first I have heard of this. That doesn't happen very often.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by witness63

I have done a cursory search for this story, and could not find it. Any chance you might have something with which to elucidate this with?

I have been at this a loooong time. This is the first I have heard of this. That doesn't happen very often.

The astronomer's name was Tsuneo Saheki and he made his observation on December 9, 1949, not 1950 as I recalled. It was an explosion that lasted several minutes and rose over 40 miles high, leaving a large, yellow-greenish cloud over 700 miles in diameter.

He did not believe this was a comet or asteroid, but a nuclear explosion of some kind made by a very advanced civilization. I mean, we don't know of anyone on earth at that time who would have been able to fire a missile at Mars and do that.

If you look him up on the Internet, it seems he also reported other "anomalies" on Mars over the years. For some reason, in Japan and many other countries, scientists and astronomers just feel freer to talk about all these things than in the U.S. I think Saheki even has a crater named after him somehwere on Mars.

edit on 9-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

OK, i will dig into this tonight.

It is interesting because there are reports of similar things happening on the moon and Mars going back for quite some time. I believe the 1800's saw several reports of explosions on the moons, etc.

Zorgon likely has it at his fingertips. My memory is not as good as his. But I am going to dig into this tonight. It has got me interested.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi! There is no scale of reference on the size of the image... It could be a foot print track from a shoe, a group of tourist shops like this exist on Earth next to the Cliffs of Mohr in Ireland, or this could be something even larger. It does resemble man made objects not natural. Although those Giant's Cause Way rocks in Ireland, they look symetrical and equal in size. The rocks were Earth made. We just need to send a space ship over there to investigate, a private organization needs to start this up. All the money wasted on wars would have funded an entire colony on Mars by now.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by witness63

OK, i will dig into this tonight.

It is interesting because there are reports of similar things happening on the moon and Mars going back for quite some time. I believe the 1800's saw several reports of explosions on the moons, etc.

Zorgon likely has it at his fingertips. My memory is not as good as his. But I am going to dig into this tonight. It has got me interested.

Sounds like possibly a new thread fellers -- be sure to give me a heads up when it's posted, I'll be looking forward to it!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Same here... first I heard of this.

Fortunately my search engine has OOMMMFF

Explosion on Mars
TIME MAGAZINE 1950

All I did was paste this...

"In 1950, Japanese astronomers reported what they thought was a nuclear explosion on Mars"

into google

Thanks for the tip Witness63

edit on 9-9-2010 by zorgon because: You do NOT have the need to know

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That article seems like a propaganda piece for the USA to hurry up and develop nuclear weapons, or life might become the War of the World's Orson Wells broadcast. Subliminal passive agressive propaganda.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Hi! There is no scale of reference on the size of the image...

Originally posted by Yukitup
Mike's photos with the right angles has "Arizona" labeled on it -- is it a photo of Arizona or of Mars???

Research 101 ... class now in session...

Scale of reference.... simply go to the image location, which is clearly marked on the image, and check it out. This is Mike's find and as yet I have not made my own copy of this

"Arizona" No it is not a picture of Arizona...Arizona State University is the home of many Lunar and Mars images

LRO lroc.sese.asu.edu...
Apollo apollo.sese.asu.edu...
Lunar Orbiter ser.sese.asu.edu...
Clementine ser.sese.asu.edu...
Themis themis.asu.edu...

Many more departments

Class dismissed

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the same fate befell Mars as will our planet if we dont sort ourselves out.

I looked up those reported nuclear explosions, and there appears to be quite a few different sightings of bright lights on Mars that match nukes. So if this is true, there was/is definitely something living there. Humans from ours or previous civlisations perhaps or maybe another sentient species from Mars.

If they are capable of creating nuclear detonations, then they are capable of space travel. And if indeed this is the case, then it goes without saying they have visited us. I mean we must be very interesting to an extra terrestrial civilisation.

Maybe there was a nuclear war. Maybe they were just testing. It could even have been a message. But when you consider that nuclear detonations could have possibly been detonated on another planet before our program even began, then you have to wonder why we also possess them. Could we actually be at war with Mars?

I think there was actually a message - a warning - hidden throughout mythology. A message totally lost due to people corrupting it for their own selfish, warmongering desires. Only fragments remain so we dont have the full story.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dimburg

Yeh, that did look a bit to fine an image to have been on the mars landscape looking like that.... It would also have been pretty stupid for NASA to know about structures like that on Mars and to not let anyone know...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Posting Pictures on Behalf of AL BIONICLE

Yup. Those are UFOs.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A good example of NASA's photo capability

MRO's HiRISE camera acquiredthis dramatic oblique image of Phoenix descending on its parachute. Shown here is a a wider view of the full image, showing a 10 kilometer diameter crater informally called "Heimdall" and an improved full-resolution image of the parachute and lander.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
An intresting thread op yes there are lots of patterns in mythologys about were we come from, and war is part of our being, anyone looking at the rest of the creatures that inhabit this planet, and human kind, would come to the conclusion that we dont fit in in to this ecosystem... all things colide.... but this Disproportionate that exists on this planet in terms of human's compared to other inhabitants is light years ahead, ultimately this verity of species, is not ment to be....at least in such disproportionates. So we are the alien's, or the progeny of the tinkering by true aliens who cant survive in this system. Everybody always says that they would want to be of a different concious or wavelength of the 4th or even 10th order, whatever that means....But does anyone consider that some of the forth or higher might want to be stuck in human bodies?

Anyways since we are going to be speculating, and since I think that speculating about faces in mountains, and drawing conclusions of what it could of been....is about as helpful as is we went extinct or had to live underground for millions of years. Its as helpful as if a million years from now, some species specultes if that is a face on were mount rushmore is today, if there is a mountain there in a million years that is.
So ill go with myth since you left out the little green men and there relation to war and mars, and why they are grey today. It seems to be like they were for a long time in... dark places.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
Hahah you guys would cry yoursevles to sleep if you knew what happened.

I will just make up a story "Humans advanced enough to live on mars, but angry aliens came and didnt want the human virus spreading to other worlds so they destoryed all life on mars because the humans had no love for life, so the aliens said F*** it lets go back in time and try to fix the species before they are fully developed"

There gives you guys an idea or something, I'm not saying...we are an expieranment, draw your own opinion, science behind your opinion (not sticking to a personal belife) but if you believe historical stories passed down since no one can remeber, the human race has risen and fallen 5 times.

Just throwing it out there, if none of that has nothing to do with mars, then (primtive) life forms on mars died out the same time the dinosaurs did. Solar Flare is the suspect, sentence? death in 4 billion years muahah

Either way my logic cannot be denied, dont you just love that?

Lets say your right and once every 4 billion years some highly advanced entity's look this way to see how things are progressing....And if they dont like what they see they get rid of it all.... and maybe change time to reconstruct it better to there likeing...so saying that I got to ask why and what for. and what's the point of such games. What's your take on what happened?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This one is NW of Endymion same width as crater. I am sure ArMaP can point out where to find it in this picture

It was easier than I thought, it took me less than one minute.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c876ce62bace8e70.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join