It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Warns of Possible Terrorist Response to “Burn Koran Day”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The folks are getting the response they wanted. The church may even pick up a few more members and tons of donations.

Now for the big question: How many peaceful islamic followers will get killed over this. There will be riots in the streets and they love peaceful demonstrations so much, they will leave their AK-47's at home. I'm sure a few American autos will be blown up in protesting of American industry. To say anything else would imply that they are irrational or just not understood.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I wonder where they got all the Korans they intend to burn..

Did they buy them, therefore putting money into the hands of those this ridiculous display is about?

If so, the Koran may overtake the bible as the best selling book..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Sounds as the the CIA is prepping Joe Public for another one of its own terror attacks.

The purpose of these statements is to fuel anti-Muslim sentiment as well, it distracts from the very bad press Israel has been getting (remember CIA/MSM are run by the Zionists), creates conflict in society, which they want because it enables them to reduce civil liberties even more.

Be revolutionary, don't swallow the poison the'yre putting out - hug a Muslim instead. It's called resistance.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This group should tend to their own agenda - this could cause innocent people to be injured or killed. It is nothing more than a statement of hate to cause an uprising. One reason I do not follow a religion!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I couldn't agree with you more, this has psyop written all over it.

TPTB want America divided as many ways as they can so we all bicker over what everyone else is doing. Meanwile back in DC they ponder how they will finish destroying the republic.

United we stand divded we fall.

Hang on cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Tuesday I will be burning all religious texts, which also includes Scientology pamphlets.

The goal here is to get a fire big enough to be seen from space...

You know to get the attention of the bug aliens in the asteroid belt...

crackers? isn't that what the rich in uk called the poor?
back in the day of course...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Lysergic]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This event is no more an incitement to violence than is a woman talking back to an abusing husband.

The only ones responsible for violence are the perpetrators of violence. If not this, then another excuse would be found for violent extremists to justify their acts.

Americans should never be afraid to freely express themselves. Even if those expressions are idiotic.

I say go for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I am proposing a burn BIBLE DAY

who is with me?

I am willing to participate too in the burn koran day ...

I am all in

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You can all burn the Qurans and spread the hatred, but most Muslims will simply hear the news and say "how immature" and move on with their lives.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by _Phoenix_]

Most wars are not started by the most people.

I think if you stir up a hornets nest you might get stun.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
On the other hand, book burning is the height of stupid.

These folks should be free to burn whatever books they want, but their obvious display of ignorance shouldn't be lost on the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And should it not?
Personally I have never heard of a bible burning group and the only people that I could actually see burning the bible are the Satan worshipers.
Then again, a lot of bible thumpers believe those of the Islam faith are the real devil worshipers.

Personally I don't believe that burning a holy book is anything like burning a flag, a flag is just a flag. Merely a picture, that we put value in. Seeing the way my country along with our southern counter parts, have literally wreaked havoc once again in another country, chasing not a tyrannical government. Or some super evil army. All we are doing is breeding more potential threats.
There is many things I am proud of my country for, yet I would never blame a youth in Afghanistan for burning my or an american flag.

But to have some crazy pastor burn a koran. CLEARLY, you are just as mind numb as the silly Islamic radical. CLEARLY you are not the kind of person who should be leading a church assembly (you are all corrupt bastards). CLEARLY, like the rest of them, you will be judged.

Raising war with Islam will never solve your problem with integration.
Remember folks there is 1.6 billion Islamic people on the planet. And they are not chomping down big macs at record speed. Burning a Koran will not burn the Muslims.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi there, Original Poster.

I would like to burn the Bible...

Hmmm... I'd really like to do that, stacks and stacks of them too.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Dumbass
Burning books is the same as burning flags, it is just matter with some symbolism projected on it.

Eh, close but not quite.

Religious texts evoke a far superior emotional response than any flag ever will; nature of the beast and there is nothing "holy" about a flag.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by eNumbra]

You are right from the side of a religious person. Atheist with nationalistic feelings will disagree. But I do understand that the religious people experience that their emotions in response to their religion a far more superior then a emotional response of someone who doesn't share their religion.

I just brought up flags, because lots of people will get upset, burning a piece of fabric or paper, like the stars & stripes or a nude model in a spanish flag, or a french guy wiping his ass with the french flag etc.. It is the symbolism, it's the provoking with symbolism.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

here ya go ya yumps.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Let he who is without sin burn the first book.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Nothing will happen except few protests here and there and then back to the same antics of chest beating by both sides. Let them enjoy burning whatever they want to burn lol who cares. By talking about them you make them news and somehow relevant. Best way is to ignore it and make it irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would hope that muslims here in the US see this for what it is. Just a way to make headlines and cause turmoil.

If they do decide to get crazy and do something stupid here be ready for the reprecussions.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Isn't acting in fear of retaliation by terrorists allowing them to win? Weren't we supposed to be teaching them all about how democracy and freedom work? Weren't we poised to be the beacon of hope and voice of tolerance throughout the world?

I can't stand it when people burn an American flag. I hate to see Bibles, or any book, burned to a crisp because certain people don't like what it says.

But I believe in freedom above all else and tolerate his/her behavior because our constitution allows it and I will abide by it and defend it.

I think that this statement from the FBI changes the score to terrorists 1, FBI 0.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join