It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Warns of Possible Terrorist Response to “Burn Koran Day”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The Dove World Outreach Center (Dove) in Gainesville, Florida—a New Testament Church
with a controversial past—is planning to host an “International Burn a Koran Day,” on the ninth
anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, according to the group’s Web site.1 Dove has invited likeminded
persons to its property to burn Korans.

While the FBI has no information to indicate a specific attack has been planned
against the United States or US assets in response to the “International Burn a Koran Day” event,
the FBI assesses with high confidencea that, as with past incidents perceived as acts of
desecration against Islam, extremist actors will continue to threaten or attempt to harm the
leaders, organizers, or attendees the event, scheduled for 6:00-9:00pm on 11 September 2010 in
Gainesville, Florida. Depending on the continued national and international publicity the event
receives, it may also inspire retaliatory attacks against US facilities overseas.

Link to FBI Document

Well this will prove to be intresting I wonder what their response will be.

This is America and you can burn any book you want. Islam may prove yet again that they have no place in todays world holding and fostering Extreemeism.

I say burn 'em and if it causes violence un leash the hounds on them.
It's just a damn book ....

Burning one while being disrespectful is still covered under the 1st Amendment.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Scary!! Better watch out. "I don't what will happen" would be a downstatement. More like " Get ready for WWIII!"

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have a lot of family just a bit north of Gainesville and have visited the area many times.

With the number of "good ole' boys" per square mile around that area, I think the FBI might be worrying about the wrong dog in this fight.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Found this on the churches website under their blogs:

On 9/11/10 we are burning Korans to raise awareness and warn. In a sense it is neither an act of love nor of hate. We see, as we state in the Ten Reasons below, that Islam is a danger. We are using this act to warn about the teaching and ideology of Islam, which we do hate as it is hateful. We do not hate any people, however. We love, as God loves, all the people in the world and we want them to come to a knowledge of the truth. To warn of danger and harm is a loving act. God is love and truth. If you know the truth it can set you free. The world is in bondage to the massive grip of the lies of Islam.

Ten Reasons to Burn a Koran That's the source.

The church seems pretty extreme themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I don't think this will start WWIII but it will sure piss off the Muslims.

If it does well .... We are ready when they are.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Burning books is the same as burning flags, it is just matter with some symbolism projected on it. I don't care, burn them, but in both cases you will provoke believers of the symbolism.

But both the ones burning symbolism as the ones provoked by burning symbolism will give us a highly intelligent performance on this matter

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This is disgusting.
And yet a book written by a pedophile on how to molest children is legal and allowed.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Making an event out of burning a religious tome is reprehensible. We never cared about burning any sacrificial, black magic books.
Satanic books are fine and widely read.

The Koran, the Torr ah, and the Bible are all based on earlier Sumerian writings. They took diverging paths after a certain point.
The three religions spliced up the material, edited and added their own personal "flavor" to the original works making them different religions.

However, the divine inspiration was the same entity at work as the basis for all three religious books.
Burn a Koran and who knows how that divine entity will repay the act?
Who knows what method He will use or what people as instruments?

Gin up war and war is what you will get. No war is holy.
I think it is always unwise to spit in the face of God.

...but that is me. I am theologically minded, and more than a little superstitious.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
burning the koran publicly is nothing more than a provocation. sadly if there is retaliation from an individual or group of extremests the people burning the book probably wont be the ones in the cross hairs. if they are i wont be shedding a tear for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh but I'm sure if a mosque planned a "Burn the Bible Day Event" there would be Christians all over the airwaves crying out at how evil this was and so on.

Babylon(US), Babylon the Great will fall.

You guys are well on your way. Enjoy eternal hell.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If there is a terrorist response to Burn the Koran day, then everyone should go out and burn a Koran and while their at it, they should burn an effigy of Mohammad.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You can all burn the Qurans and spread the hatred, but most Muslims will simply hear the news and say "how immature" and move on with their lives.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
“Pontius Pilate was the first great censor and Jesus Christ the first great victim of censorship” - Ben Lindsey

The irony of a religious group dedicated to a person who was killed for what he said burning books is almost too much for me to bear.

“Censorship: the reaction of the ignorant to freedom.” -Unknown

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

And General Petraeus says it could endanger our troops. abcnews.go.com...

Gen. David Petraeus said he is outraged by the pastor's decision to burn the Quran, which he said could "endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort here."
Former Vice Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Jack Keane, an adviser to Petraeus, called it "outrageous" and "insulting to Muslims."
"It's also insulting to our soldiers in terms of what they stand for and what their commitment is to this country and to the Muslims in this country," Keane told ABC News.

This pastor is trying to make a name for himself, with no regard for anyone else.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I wonder how burning King James bibles would go over in Florida (or any American state for that matter)?

Disgusting action no less reprehensible that the dynamiting of buddhist statues by the Taliban in Afghanistan. It's so ironic that the Dove World Outreach Center would be the group pushing for this atrocity.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

it would mean something if these people were willing to go to Mecca or the Dome of the Rock and burn Korans. otherwise it's just a bunch of cowards hiding behind boundries and only blocks from their houses.

i honestly don't know how people burning a book they have never read is suppose to help.

i'm not sure if i needed the FBI to issue that warning. tax dollars well spent, thanks FBI. it would seem self-evident that it would offend some people, which is why the book is burned in my opinion. to offend others who are not:

"likeminded"

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
Burning books is the same as burning flags, it is just matter with some symbolism projected on it.

Eh, close but not quite.

Religious texts evoke a far superior emotional response than any flag ever will; nature of the beast and there is nothing "holy" about a flag.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think they are wrong, I mean after all, islam is the religion of peace, so they'll just turn the other cheek. Oh wait, got 'em mixed up, nah they'll issue a fatiwa or something else just as ridiculous and then claim how persecuted they are, extortionist organizations like cair and the aclu will step in.........it'll just be a dog and pony show before the courts making more lawyers ricj.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I think they are wrong, I mean after all, islam is the religion of peace, so they'll just turn the other cheek. Oh wait, got 'em mixed up, nah they'll issue a fatiwa or something else just as ridiculous and then claim how persecuted they are, extortionist organizations like cair and the aclu will step in.........it'll just be a dog and pony show before the courts making more lawyers ricj.

Hilarious that in attempting to mock Muslims, you actually mock Christians and their ignoring of "turn the other cheek", ie, basically the most important tenet of christianity, forgiveness.

All these "Christians" need to read their own holy book again, instead of burning other peoples.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sure terrorist acts...typical immature emotional savage reaction.

They could instead have a Bible burning day, couldn't they?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This guy is a scumbag who wants an image of himself spread throughout society with no attention payed to the ramifications. If he does understand the ramifications, which I am sure he does at least partially, he is a chaos agent and an enemy of humanity, no matter what race, gender, or creed. This man is truly an ape provoking war. He is irresponsible and hateful. If you take issue with certain elements of Islam, respectfully and intelligently discuss the theology in order to have your say. Otherwise, STFU, because this sort of toddler/ape display is nothing more than a dare to arms, as has already been said in so many words. This is a metaphorical probe, and those who are sensitive to it will not be too fond of being metaphorically raped. Of course, they should be mature and not take the bait, but all cultures have their knee-jerk babies.

A giant, angry, monkey baby in diapers: This is the image I get when I picture this guy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join