It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just stopping in to say that I LOVE the site! It looks fantastic and I love the 'feel' of it. Thanks SO much for all you've done! Great job!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

eek! oh noes!

And so what philosophical perspective do you prefer I take with an ignorant, name-calling, vitriolic post which just causes me to lose it and want to kill the SOB?

Back when ATS was what? Compared to now? Jeezy-pete. :shk:

But ok, I'll play along. It will be the banning of me, but I'll play along.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If a member is really bothering you why not just use Alert or make a complaint against them instead? When enough people complain about a person the staff will deal with them....

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

And so what philosophical perspective do you prefer I take with an ignorant, name-calling, vitriolic post which just causes me to lose it and want to kill the SOB?

Anyone who gets that worked up over pixels on a computer screen really needs a new "philosophical perspective" from the real world.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The replies in the message box no longer link to the thread where the poster replied to me, so at this point I have no idea which tread he replied to. Is this a glitch that will be fixed? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yay.

That is all.

ETA: Is it just me, or does the Signature section look way bigger?

Does it provide for more content or is the site automatically making the spacing that big??

~Keeper

edit on 9/29/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In my "past life," I've been in the upper-tier of people responsible for major overhauls of serious websites. Each time the entire site was dumped on users, it was a nightmare. The gradual integration, in this case, is part of the plan.

Well in this case it was a success.

Now I do miss the BTS Smileys though

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
The replies in the message box no longer link to the thread where the poster replied to me, so at this point I have no idea which tread he replied to. Is this a glitch that will be fixed? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Seems to be working again, no need to reply.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Not just you. I'd rather keep the avatar size we have than to have a signature area suitable for storing a Saturn V rocket.

The pea green stuff isn't so hot. Things look promising though. I'm still adjusting and it obviously requires adjusting.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Petition drive!

edit on 9/29/2010 by EnlightenUp because: to encourage community participation

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yay.

That is all.

Does it provide for more content or is the site automatically making the spacing that big??

~Keeper

I don't know about the signature area being bigger, but have noticed that the avatars are more narrow and shorter, there is a space on each side of my avatar that wasn't there before. Don't remember reading anything about that changing.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

SO mentioned a few pages back that there will be changes in guidelines for avatar size coming soon...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So, everytime I try to edit a post, I'm getting a 404 Page after I click the submit button.

Now once I go back to my posts, by hitting the back button, or hitting recent posts, I see that it's been edited...

WTH?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Aquarius1

SO mentioned a few pages back that there will be changes in guidelines for avatar size coming soon...

Thanks,
I actually remember reading it now, duh.

Most-likely a 240 pixel maximum height for the avatar, no height limit for backgrounds.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes that is sad :shk:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's our feeling that, back when ATS was a more wild and untamed place, the ignore function was an appropriate respite for members. However, we now have a sharp and professional staff who works hard at keeping the streets clean and the lights on. I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members, but please give it time as the ability to consider even the most abrasive contribution -- from its philosophical perspective -- is a critical component of denying ignorance and supporting free-and-open expression.
I tended to use the Ignore function as a temporary way to cool off. If a user was baiting me in one or more threads, and I was getting too riled up, I'd ignore him for a week or two until he lost interest in the thread and decided to troll somewhere else. I'd always go back through later and delete the Ignores from my list.

Perhaps an "Ignore for x days" system could be a viable stopgap?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

This image clearly shows that you are Mexico member. May I see your immigration papers, please?

This image proves you are fnord-ing everyone's unconscious thus I must question the why of people getting so upset with you that they would upset you so much that you feel you must ignore them.

Why is it remotely difficult to ignore without technological prosthetics? Why would trolls make anyone angry? I find it easy to merely scroll passed but usually it is unnecessary since I fail to get sucked in emotionally in the first place. I never used the feature. One time I tested it; that was all.

edit on 9/30/2010 by EnlightenUp because: that's the way it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Slightly off topic. .... BUT MY FLAGS ARE REGERISTING!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!

Thanks SkepticOverlord & Staff for fixing this problem

Yes, I think our ATS looks much more inviting!

SkepticOverlord,
Now I am only 449 WATS Points behind you!

thanks again,
ET

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I hate to be a complainer, but, is there any way to be able to browse ats the old way? I was just getting used to where everything was and I loved being able to read a thread, and be able to click one of the "top threads" on the right hand side of the page. Having to click the new topics page, makes it all seem to busy looking. So I was hoping there was a way to change the view of ats?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Agreed.

I too would like the option to browse ATS in the old style.

An "ATS Classic" button would be ideal and would make the site more efficient for those who would rather have that than this version, which some find appealing.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I am a bit lost.

I see no new threads or most active threads on the right hand side and that is how I surfed ats.

I also agree with others about the ignore button.
Denying ignorance shouldn't mean embracing idiots and trolls.

Usually when i went to clear my ignore list,most were banned.

Other then that you guys did a great job,everything looks slick.

I can't surf ats with no new thread list on the right so until that comes back I don't have much choice but to log out as i am not about to hit a bunch of buttons in every forum to see the new threads.
Ohhh the withdrawls are gonna be hard.

edit on 30-9-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join