It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlueGen - Generating power and heat at home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This device appeared on Australian morning breakfast, basically its the same size as a washing machine and is a Natural Gas fuel cell power module (1-2kW) plus hot water.

This unit converts natural gas into electricity using Solid Oxide Fuel Cell.

BleGen explained

The item was originally developed incojunction with the Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organization (CSIRO).

The develer was saying it is expensive at the moment as it has only just been released for commercial and domestic use but after 2-3 years the price will drop to around $8000-10,000 AUD to have it installed at home.

With electricity prices on the rise again, bring it on !

[edit on 6-9-2010 by dontbealala]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by dontbealala]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Found a Video of the unit and the process www.brr.com.au...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dontbealala

Yes, I saw that too but missed the bit about it running on natural gas, thanks for the info.

I do see one foreseeable problem though if this becomes a common household item..... skyrocketing gas prices!

Gotta love the government

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
reply to post by dontbealala

Yes, I saw that too but missed the bit about it running on natural gas, thanks for the info.

I do see one foreseeable problem though if this becomes a common household item..... skyrocketing gas prices!

Gotta love the government

Yep, its only logical, get beck with one hand and have to pay out wth two

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When they have a model that can use bio-gas/ methane this will become a good seller in rural US.
Many farms and ranches will be able to use waste animal dropping or other organics to produce gas for the units.

More money in the small farmers pocket less corporate mega farms.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Th fact there is a home operated device that can supply electricity and heat is a bonus.

Would love to see the electrical supply companies in a cut price war to stop you from buying a BlueGen

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well established technology such as combined cycle gas turbines are more efficient in terms of generating electricity, and cheaper. Hopefully sometime in the future this technology gets much better... but I'm not holding my breath.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Well established technology such as combined cycle gas turbines are more efficient in terms of generating electricity, and cheaper. Hopefully sometime in the future this technology gets much better... but I'm not holding my breath.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by C0bzz]

Yes but this is a posative move for home power generation available now

top topics

join