It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Attack Kills 3 Soldiers in South Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Suicide Attack Kills 3 Soldiers in South Russia

www.nytimes.com

MOSCOW — A suicide bomber drove a car packed with explosives into a military installation in a Muslim region of southern Russia early Sunday, killing three soldiers and injuring more than 30 others, officials said.

The attack in the region, Dagestan,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I read this this morning and thought for sure someone would have posted it by now. I searched several ways and didn't find a post. IF it has been posted and I missed it it wasn't from lack of searching.

Well it seems that the West isn't the only region dealing with "Islamic Extremist." China is having issues with them as well.

For those who haven't been following the latest here is a reminder from the article of an attack that occurred earlier in the year. Islamic Extremists isn't just a Western Problem.

"The region has attracted particular attention this year after two female suicide bombers from Dagestan attacked the Moscow subway system in March, killing 40 people. "

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ahh Slayer you should know by now that it's not the Muslims, it's everyone else. You are well versed in history, you know about the siege of Vienna? Europe has been at war many times w/ Islamic nations. The funny thing is of all the countries to p@#% off China and Russia are the ones least likely to care about international opinion and do nasty things in retaliation. The MSM doesn't scrutinze them like they do the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well it seems that the West isn't the only region dealing with "Islamic Extremist. China is having issues with them as well.

Oh nooo! Not the religion of peace!
Everybody knows Islam is not at fault. Ron Paul said so.
And no way Islam is at war with the West. Or the East in this case.

This is why we need Islamic community centers all over the planet
so that we understand Islam better.
(sarcasm off)

There is a whole crowd out there who thinks that the GZ mosque is the
dumbest controversy in history. They don't see what the big deal with
the GZ Mosque is all about. They even have a cartoon about it.
Ironic, isn't? A cartoon to make a point about Islam.

Maybe they can tell that to the Russians. Or the Bulgarians. Or the Greeks.
(hey, how's that St. Sophia mosque in Constantinople working out for you?)

What? There is no Constantinople? It's called Istanbul now? Ooops.

Way to go, Ron Paul. I actually considered voting this time.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by tungus]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For those of you who are interested but not up on he situation here is a very good and in depth read into the situation. PDF I can honestly say I don't agree with the some of it but... it is well written and informative. Well worth your time to get a good grip on the situation.

Islamic extremism in the North Caucasus: how serious a threat

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yeah freedom fighters have existed all over the world, it isn't just a Western emperial issue.

When you force people to live under you, when they don't want to, guess what.. What
You know what, it will start peacefully then it will go boom..

If you are that stupid not to realize it, then it will keep going boom, then boom, boom, then kaboooooooom.. [evil back ground laugh] ..

[Osama Bin Laden Brushing his beard in the background with evil Music Playing] "Tan, Tan, Taaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

:Fire Breathing Terrorists:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hey ooz good of you to join us. Is that all you have to contribute?
So in other words, Islam has issues with the US/West, Russia and China. That only leaves India, [oh wait!] I mean Africa and South America that doesn't have issues with Islam... but it's all everybody else's fault?

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Very interesting article to go along with this thread

Police investigators had leaked a list of "black widows" to the newspaper. The term is used by Russians for women whose husbands or brothers were killed by security forces and are thus suspected of seeking revenge by making themselves available to Islamists as suicide bombers

www.spiegel.de...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Very good find.
I havent heard of that one.
Reading now thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why does everyone jump on Muslim bashing with every suicide bombing attack?

Do you guys have something to prove?

Pathetic..

Crazy people do crazy stuff.

Thought that was a fact of life, but not everyone was taught that apparently.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Hey ooz good of you to join us. Is that all you have to contribute?
So in other words, Islam has issues with the US/West, Russia and China. That only leaves India, [oh wait!] I mean Africa and South America that doesn't have issues with Islam... but it's all everybody else's fault?

Thank you for your reply.

Good to be here..

How does your post correlates with mine

I wrote the issue is not isolated, because freedom fighters exists in every part of the world, including South America. Including Islamic states, since you brought Islam on the table lol..

No one wants to live a life they don't want to live, some are ready to fight. It isn't isolated to Islam, nor Islamic extremism.. Heard of Farc Rebels, or the Tamil Tigers?

And no Slayer, it isn't Islam which has a problem, because if that was to be true, then Al-Qaeda (Islamic extremists) wouldn't plan on attacking Saudi Arabia (Islamic extremists).. That being said, it is freedom fighters who are the problem, a problem to who? To the control freaks

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

For one, I am not jumping on the bandwagon.

I personally don't believe it is a Muslim thing.

IMO, anybody can become an extremists under the right conditions.

I think there is a lot more to this story and anything you or others care to contribute may help us better understand what is happening in the region.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Very interesting article to go along with this thread

Police investigators had leaked a list of "black widows" to the newspaper. The term is used by Russians for women whose husbands or brothers were killed by security forces and are thus suspected of seeking revenge by making themselves available to Islamists as suicide bombers

www.spiegel.de...

*Gasp* They use profiling as a tool to prevent suicide bombings!
Outrage!

Quick, report them to the ACLU!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I wrote the issue is not isolated, because freedom fighters exists in every part of the world

I'm glad you brought that up.
So let me get this straight, so I understand what you're saying here.

There are no Islamic extremists?
There are only "Freedom Fighters"

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

This will be interesting

Yes there are extremists and yes they are freedom fighters. Just because you are an extremist doesn't mean you can't be a freedom fighter..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I personally don't believe it is a Muslim thing.

IMO, anybody can become an extremists under the right conditions.

I think there is a lot more to this story and anything you or others care to contribute may help us better understand what is happening in the region.

I am not being sarcastic in this post.

I don't believe it is a Muslim thing. It is an Islam thing.
Not all Muslims are terrorist, extremists, freedom fighters or whatever the label, or whatever the grievances.

Like smoking, not everyone will develop cancer.

Same with Islam, not every one will become a terrorist just because they are Muslim. But many do.

Muslims are the first victims of Islam. Like AA, the first step is
to admit that they have a problem. Muslims have a problem. And that problem is Islam.

Islam is not just another religion.

If every religion caused its followers to become "freedom fighters" because of grievances, the Vietnamese would have been the first to hijack airplanes and plow them into buildings in 1969. Buddhism is not a religion but the point is that there is nothing in Buddhism to incite violence in those who follow Buddhism. There is no scriptural authority that advocates violence. In contrast, The Koran is full of "kill this, burn that" and finally: "Fight all men until they say there is no god but Allah."

And this is the problem with Islam, this is what causes cancer in the minds of those affected with Islam. This is not "Muslim bashing."

I will say this again -Muslims are the first victim of Islam. Women of Islam defending their slavery as if it is their life! There is nothing more heartbreaking than this!

Stocholm syndrome doesn't even come close to describing what Islam does to the psyche of those whom it has conquered, for the damage goes on for generations and generations.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

This will be interesting

Yes there are extremists and yes they are freedom fighters. Just because you are an extremist doesn't mean you can't be a freedom fighter..

I'm just quoting that to let your own words sink in ooz.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It seems you can't go any further, common push, you can do it..

Don't freeze yourself, we have the momentum, god knows where we can go with this discussion.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, your turn to prove you do too

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am not understsanding the specifics in this article. Who is trying to kill who in this incident ? Sorry for the short post

edit to add: Sorry I read the article and none of the posts before putting this message up. I get it now.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Who else does suicide bombings? What other religion (today) kills people in the name of their god?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join