It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiltshire Policeman faces sack from cell attack on woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
BBC News - Wiltshire Policeman....

This happend back in 2008 and now the cop has been charged and will face possible sacking.

The policeman draged the woman across the floor in the reception area of the local police dept. and then he chucked the woman in a cell.

The policeman is charged with ABH (actuall bodily harm).

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Theirs only one word to describe this man and it rhyme's with punt.

CX

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree he should face the sack, and the same, if not worse punishment than is normal dished out.

Police officers should be setting an example, not lowering themselves to the same level as the average chav on the street.

I'm not saying that all suspects are easy to deal with, and that officers are not human, but if you go OTT on a suspect then you have to be prepared to pay the price.

I'm glad the other officer complained about it, however i fear she will now be victimised within the force.

CX.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"
The case was brought after one of Andrews' colleagues reported the matter to senior officers, who have apologised to Ms Somerville.
"

I guess if he didn't report it, it would be just a case of self-sustained injuries such as "falling down some stairs" etc. Not very confident inspiring if justice against police is just a matter of hoping they'll rat each other out. Also look how long the "investigation" took whilst he was on full pay. Pathetic time to wait for justice to be done.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
could someone define “sacked” do they mean fired?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you listen to his tone and watch his body language then you will see this is either a naturally angry man who should NOT deal with the public or he's had a VERY bad day.

To drag a woman who could stand although clearly drunk isn't needed, to do it the way he did is simply barbaric and then to pelt her face down is just disgusting.

Who needs a dick head like that apparently there to look after you...

Sack him and give him some time inside...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A reporter on BBC Radio 5 today said the guy is definitely fired tomorrow...according to an informal conversation with a senior member of the force.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And what heinious crime did the women commit to get treated like this ?

Sleeping in her car

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes, sacked means fired.

The video is truly shocking! The way that he drags her firstly in full view of whoever is sitting at the reception area says so much about exactly how acceptable this behaviour is within the police force. And then when you see her bleeding all over the cell after he throws her in there. It's just unbelievable, and unacceptable.

He should be utterly, utterly ashamed of himself.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I imagine she is there for a reason?

Maybe that will teach her not to get out her face on a friday night harrass policemen and generaly be a total nightmare to people in the street that effectively leads her to gettin in the cells for the night.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Police are not paid to dole out random violence. They are paid to deal with situations just like this one. Yes, the woman was drunk or whatever, but where was the professionalism of the policeman? He is paid to uphold the law, not to break it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This poor 59 year old lady was asleep in her broken down car, and ended up getting treated like this!!

This guy is just a thug and hopefully will lose his job and do time.

A bad apple among many good apples, I like the fact that his colleagues complained. That should prove to all the cop haters that will surely turn up that this is a one off and not a general trend!

All the best, kiwi

[edit on 5-9-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by qualitygossip

Meh, to be honest if someone duly deserves to get smashd in the face by a policeman, who cares?, some people are pretty much asking for it.

If this was totaly unprovoked and the pig just went mental, then fair enough its a bit out of order.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
I imagine she is there for a reason?

Maybe that will teach her not to get out her face on a friday night harrass policemen and generaly be a total nightmare to people in the street that effectively leads her to gettin in the cells for the night.

Were are you coming from? maybe this will teach you how you can get something so wrong!
Sleeping in her Car is not a crime,, or is it?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I can assure you 100 percent police in this country[uk] do not drag you out of your car and arrest for no reason what so ever, its never happend and never will happen unless she did something to really piss those cops off, perhaps they suspected her of drink driving, perhaps there was even a warrent out for her arrest. The BBC in attempt to gather sympathy on this is pretty vague as to why she was arrested for apparently just sleeping in her car.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

You can't assure anyone of anything like you claim. If you think innocent people don't get treated this way, in any country, you would have to be classed as very naive. Do you know all, as well as see all?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So he is only getting fired?

Why do cops get away with assault and battery? Why dont they get treated the same as everyone else? Once they break thelaw, they are criminals, no? What makes them being a cop any different? If anything, their punishment should be more strict than the average joes' do to the example they are supposed to be setting and also having the right to 'enforce the law'.

The days are getting dark.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Some people seem to be confused about why this woman was arrested.
She was sleeping in her car - Which could be dangerious to say the least. However, she failed to Provide a breath sample, which she has a right to do. It then seems logical to assume she was arrested on suspicion of drink driving/or attempting to (I cannot remember what the exact charge is called but i do know that you cannot sit behind the wheel with an alcoholic drink - even if your keys are not in the ignition)

I imagine someone being brought in on such a charge is routine for police. He should be used to it, and if he cant deal with such people then he should have found a new proffession. You can tell at the start of the video hes got it in for this 59 year old woman and to be frank about it, no one should be treated as such unless they themselves are throwing out abuse. Its just not civil.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Well actualy i can, if you are naive enough to think police can arrest you for no reason what so ever without serious consequence then you are basicaly living in some mad paranoid fantasy land.

You have to understand how things really work, a policemen sees you sleeping in a vehicle, he thinks, heh i can pretty much arrest anyone i like whenever i like[which they can], oh but wait, when i arrest her im going to need to have a pretty good story as to why and my partner needs to be on board with this, # why am i arresting her again?, #, she might have a lawyer. Hmmmm thinking about it, arresting someone for no reason what so ever basicaly means i loose my job, security, mortgage, pension, hmmmm maybe ill just not bother arresting someone for absolutley no reason what so ever.

It just doesnt happen, believe it or not the procedures in place which policemen have to adhere too are very strict and thats basicaly why you dont get people being arrested for no reason all the time. I cannot for other nations, as many nations are basicaly tin pot dictatorships where you are shot on site for not voting a particular way, so no i cannot speek for other countries, but then i never proffesd too.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I can assure you 100 percent police in this country[uk] do not drag you out of your car and arrest for no reason what so ever, its never happend and never will happen unless she did something to really piss those cops off, perhaps they suspected her of drink driving, perhaps there was even a warrent out for her arrest. The BBC in attempt to gather sympathy on this is pretty vague as to why she was arrested for apparently just sleeping in her car.

are you KIDDING?

I live in England and i've seen some horrible bastard policemen. Some police are as corrupt as the crap on the bottom of my shoe. One of my friends had money stolen from his wallet by policemen after being stopped and searched.

Another guy i know had his nose broken by a policeman for literally being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not all police are bastards, but a lot really are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join