It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help A Homeless Man? = GET ASSAULTED AND GO TO JAIL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Yeah, but you can't walk up to a police investigation and start your own? That is just asking for trouble, she walked into a hornets nest and got what she deserved. This is not the right way to do a cop watch, in fact it gives the whole cop watch a bad vibe.... Do it the right way and catch the problems from a distance...not walk into it!

edit on 9-9-2010 by imitator because: (no reason given)

Do you actually think that walking into the scene and beginning to video tape is means to be tackled and arrested? Is it not our right to question what is happening in the jobs of the people whose salaries WE pay? In any other job, if you tackled a homeless man to the ground.. would it not be your professional duty to explain that he has disobeyed the law on x grounds? My father is a District Attorney and I am a post-secondary law graduate (BA), so when I see police violence like this happen in my city, they usually get in a lot of trouble; I love tying up the force in litigation when they clearly aren't preforming the way they should be, and it especially fulfilling yelling at them in front of the general public when they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. (although before they find out who I am, they usually begin to treat me like I am less than them because I am only 25, once I tell them who they are messing with they usually begin showing me some respect, and often look pretty terrified); you might be surprised how often it is that police resorting to violence is completely arbitrary. It is not against the law to video tape police provided you aren't directly interfering; this woman was not interfering, she simply asked the man if he was okay. This is a perfect example of completely arbitrary police violence and it is starting to become quite a big problem.

Our country was never meant to be controlled by fear like Soviet Russia.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Do you actually think that walking into the scene and beginning to video tape is means to be tackled and arrested?

If you crossed the yellow tape or told to stay back, sure....

Is it not our right to question what is happening in the jobs of the people whose salaries WE pay?

As long as your not in their face, sure....

In any other job, if you tackled a homeless man to the ground.. would it not be your professional duty to explain that he has disobeyed the law on x grounds?

Where is the video of the homeless man getting tackled?

My father is a District Attorney and I am a post-secondary law graduate (BA), so when I see police violence like this happen in my city, they usually get in a lot of trouble;

I didn't see any police violence in the videos, just some silly lady harassing the cops.

I love tying up the force in litigation when they clearly aren't preforming the way they should be, and it especially fulfilling yelling at them in front of the general public when they are doing something they shouldn't be doing.

Good for you, I hope you use better evidence than these silly videos...

It is not against the law to video tape police provided you aren't directly interfering; this woman was not interfering, she simply asked the man if he was okay. This is a perfect example of completely arbitrary police violence and it is starting to become quite a big problem.

Yes she was, did you not see she was in the middle of those cop cars, and she had a camera in the cops face.... This sh** will cut you down if you don't do it right.... If you want a cop watch do it the right way...

Our country was never meant to be controlled by fear like Soviet Russia.

Have you been to Russia?

edit on 9-9-2010 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

I suggest you watch the video. Doesn't matter if she interfered and was told to back off because that's what she did. She backed off and the cop then started to follow and use the classic bully tactic "take the camera off my face". In reality she was backing off and the cop was shoving her face into the camera.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
If you crossed the yellow tape or told to stay back, sure....

After she was asked to stay back, she began walking away, and the officer was clearly chasing her and attacking her physically.

As long as your not in their face, sure....

As soon as she was asked to "get out of her face" (which I believe is a very unprofessional for someone to talk to another person while they are AT WORK), the woman began backing up and the officer continued to advance. I would be happy to take on this woman's case because this video is extremely incriminating and it would not be very hard at all to get compensation.

Where is the video of the homeless man getting tackled?

I don't need a video to believe it, her other testimonies were proven true by the tape, and the statement of the officer was proven false. If this were a courtroom, her word alone would be held above the officers because the officer has already developed a dishonest reputation in the case. It happens all the time, I am clearly not as stubbornly pretentious as you are, which is why I don't defend police brutality.

I didn't see any police violence in the videos, just some silly lady harassing the cops.

Tackling a woman to the ground that is not disobeying any laws whatsoever is the definition of police brutality, genius. Are you on the force? Because it seems like it, since you don't know what any laws mean whatsoever.

Good for you, I hope you use better evidence than these silly videos...

I often do, but this video would be more than sufficient. It is clear that the officer walked off-screen before she claimed being grabbed by the woman, it is very clear that she was trying to get the camera off of her so that she could pounce. This entire situation is very pathetic and the force should be ashamed of this officer as she embarrasses the entire district.

Yes she was, did you not see she was in the middle of those cop cars, and she had a camera in the cops face.... This sh** will cut you down if you don't do it right.... If you want a cop watch do it the right way...

This woman isn't the professional here, she is simply filming what she thinks may be an injustice and ends up being the victim of an injustice herself. She complied with everything she was asked to do, and refused to put the camera down because it is her absolute right to be filming the instance. The officer had absolutely no reason to ask her to put it down if the instance was legitimate. The officer is supposed to be the professional here, but it is clear that she is incapable of handling her level of authority maturely. If you don't see that, you are either blind in more ways than one, or making excuses for an unjust cause.

Have you been to Russia?

I said SOVIET RUSSIA. Pick up an atlas; it no longer exists, smartass. Do your research before you argue with the professionals, sweetheart. Russia is an entirely different place than Soviet Russia was.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Brood because: oops

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

After she was asked to stay back, she began walking away, and the officer was clearly chasing her and attacking her physically.

Nope, start of the vid she was asked to get the camera out of her face and did not comply... She wasn't walking away, she was walking backwards with the camera in the cops face.

As soon as she was asked to "get out of her face" (which I believe is a very unprofessional for someone to talk to another person while they are AT WORK), the woman began backing up and the officer continued to advance. I would be happy to take on this woman's case because this video is extremely incriminating and it would not be very hard at all to get compensation.

Yeah it's very unprofessional to stick a camera in someones face, especially while at work. The lady was walking backwards with the camera in the cops face, that is not walking away, she was following the cop walking backwards. I don't think it's incriminating for the cop, but maybe for the camera lady, it's 40 seconds of useless video that proves nothing for her.

I don't need a video to believe it, her other testimonies were proven true by the tape, and the statement of the officer was proven false. If this were a courtroom, her word alone would be held above the officers because the officer has already developed a dishonest reputation in the case. It happens all the time, I am clearly not as stubbornly pretentious as you are, which is why I don't defend police brutality.

The video doesn't prove anything other than she was harassing a cop with a video camera, are you sure your 25... you mention tape? If it was in a courtroom, the camera lady just lost all creditability by harassing a cop. I'm not defending police brutality, I'm against it and I don't see it in these videos.

Tackling a woman to the ground that is not disobeying any laws whatsoever is the definition of police brutality, genius. Are you on the force? Because it seems like it, since you don't know what any laws mean whatsoever.

She broke the law, the 2nd video proves Obstruction by Hindering, disobeying a lawful order, failure to obey direction of a police officer.. ........The camera lady charged with Obstruction by Hindering, Obstruction by resisting and simple battery on LEO. Looks like your the one that doesn't know the law, genius.

I often do, but this video would be more than sufficient. It is clear that the officer walked off-screen before she claimed being grabbed by the woman, it is very clear that she was trying to get the camera off of her so that she could pounce. This entire situation is very pathetic and the force should be ashamed of this officer as she embarrasses the entire district.

It's sufficient.enough to prove the camera lady did break the law. The video is about about 40 seconds long and proves nothing for Jane Doe's defense. The only thing that is pathetic is you defending this lady, she is embarrassing the whole cop watch thing.

This woman isn't the professional here, she is simply filming what she thinks may be an injustice and ends up being the victim of an injustice herself.

The only injustice is this lady representing cop watch, one should do it in a professional manner...

I said SOVIET RUSSIA. Pick up an atlas; it no longer exists, smartass. Do your research before you argue with the professionals, sweetheart. Russia is an entirely different place than Soviet Russia was.

Oh good for you because I was about tell you the same thing, however poor example for a professional, why even bring it up? We are way past Soviet Russia.... Well at least you like to argue over nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's a physical impossibility to shove a camera on someones face while walking backwards away from them. You badge lickers really like to bend the rules of law and now reality to defend cops...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It's a physical impossibility to shove a camera on someones face while walking backwards away from them. You badge lickers really like to bend the rules of law and now reality to defend cops...

It's easy to walk backwards and shove a camera in someones face, and the camera lady proves it by her 2nd vid! I'm not defending the cops, nor this lady...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the thing is that the cops can beat her, take her footage and put her in jail, AND erase her footage

so, if I were in this situation, I wouldnt say anything, since it wouldnt matter, I would just probably hire some "fixer" to solve my "problem"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Most of your reply post was a complete flame; things I said in the post you were replying with were proven wrong by other things I had already said. I strongly suggest you do not question my education on this topic, as you are completely ignorant to the actual stipulations and regulations of these laws that you bring up. The courtroom is not what you see on Judge Judy. Criminal law is very serious and the professional representatives of the state will undoubtedly assure you that they will not be manipulated by simple loopholes and do your own research (as apparently mine is not good enough for you); you are too stubborn and complacent for me to deal with, and I am not your teacher. Stop making excuses to fight against things that are blatantly true, officer.:@@

edit on 10-9-2010 by Brood because: ~

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's easy to see what is going on here, when people have so much rage against cops they can not see what is right. 99% of my posts do not support modern day police tactics and here I'm questioned as a cop, because I have contrary opinion ?

The camera ladiy videos are useless.... period.

The only thing that's been proven here, is rage against cops.

edit on 10-9-2010 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Actually what I see here is enough supportive evidence and testimony of this woman, and a lot of people calling out hearsay, which makes me immediately question the motives. This is pretty obviously what the woman said in her testimony and its going to stop. These NWO thugs go no further. We're on to them, loud and clear. They're very transparent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join