It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Animals Predict Natural Disasters?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this, so move it, if you wish.

My dog has been acting strange lately. He continually hides in closets and won't come out on his own, not even to eat. When we do make him come out to go outside, he will tuck his tail under his legs and hide under chairs. This just started happening since yesturday. I was with him most of the time, and I can't remember anyhing happening to him. The only way to get him to eat is to take him outside and bring him back in, but he still goes back into hiding. My daughter says, he doesn't want to come back in at all.

I have heard that dogs and other animals can predict natural disasters and googled it. Sure enough, they do exhibt this kind of behavior. So I was wondering what you all think about this? I can't think of any other reason he might be doing this. He appears to be in good health.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
hi mate
i agree,animals can predict this kind of thing.
where do u live if i may ask?
also good post

if u were with ur dog most of the time if would indicate somthin is up.
2 more quistions who was with ur dog the rest of the time?
and where was ur dog rest of the time ,was he inside?
[edit on 4-9-2010 by icecold7]ps i was the first to flag ur thread

[edit on 4-9-2010 by icecold7]

[edit on 4-9-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im pretty sure they do predict. Made some simply searches and plenty of hits turned up.

When South Asia have that tsunami on December 26, 2004, there are report in Sri Lanka that in their wildlife reserve that is home of hundred of wild elephants, monkeys, leopards, jackals and more, have been fleeing to higher ground just before that tsunami have stuck, causing one wildlife park hotel was totally destroyed, trees uprooted, automobiles strewn over long distances and people killed, but they have been noticed that is no dead animal in that area, not even one dead rabbit.

hubpages.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They can sense a pending sever storm or earthquake. Their hearing are very sensitive.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

There has been nothing unsual or out of the ordinary. That's why I'm stumped. I live in Northern Ohio. I have heard that there is a fault line here. But earthquakes here are not common.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Woah bro....you really got a point here...Listen, maybe you should take your dog for a walk and see how it behaves. Try to keep track of the places that it acts in a funny way and try to come up with something, or some kind of a thought of what might be causing this behaviour(easier said then done :lol
And yeah animals really can somehow feel when natural disasters will happen. I think you should have your survival stuff ready to go, just in case. Your dog is not stupid and its onto something....S&F for ya though....and be safe
Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If your dog only behaves like this when he's inside, the problem is inside your house, not some impending disaster. Dogs only cower and hide like that when they have been hurt and/or frightened. If he does not do this outside, what is affecting him is *inside*.

Has anything strange happened in your house? Do you have new electrical wiring or appliances? Repaired anything electrical lately? Something may have a strong EMF field or emitting some frequency that only he can feel or hear. Anything new....what is new that you brought home immediately before he began acting strange....

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Neytiri]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Prediction or detection of the signs before human senses can?,... 2 very different things.

I really don't like having to write a second

[edit on 4-9-2010 by slane69]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neytiri

I brought home some grocery bags and he went through them like he always does, other than that, and shortly after, he went into hiding. There is no explaination for it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

You are one sick individual. I doubt if anyone will play that, I'm not!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
reply to post by Neytiri

I brought home some grocery bags and he went through them like he always does, other than that, and shortly after, he went into hiding. There is no explaination for it.

*brows knit, squinting, lips pucker* Hmmm... Focus on his "nose shopping."

Anything that he keyed in on or abruptly lost interest in? Or...was he ever alone with the bags?

Oh...and how long have you had him, what breed is he, and what age?

I'll help if I can.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have heard that dogs and other animals can predict natural disasters .... Sure enough, they do exhibt this kind of behavior. So I was wondering what you all think about this? I can't think of any other reason he might be doing this. He appears to be in good health.

I believe (in this case) that it's not a matter of him "predicting" anything at all. What he and most animals are good at doing is knowing when something ailes them. You say, "He appears to be in good health", but he knows better.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Neytiri

He is a year old, I had him for 6 months and he is a beagle.

It's strange but I remember him looking down the hallway at something and then hiding under the chairs. It's as if he saw something, but there was nothing there.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Neytiri

He is a year old, I had him for 6 months and he is a beagle.

It's strange but I remember him looking down the hallway at something and then hiding under the chairs. It's as if he saw something, but there was nothing there.

Alright buddy, I just figured out what the problem is. You brought some kind of bad hitchhiking spirit/entity/demon into your house that came with the shopping. Dogs and cats are sensitive and I'm sure that what he saw wasn't something nice. Watch for some paranormal activity in your house. Have you noticed anything strange or unusual happening in your house? Ask your kids, ask your wife and try to pay attention to your dog when he freaks out. I'm not saying this just out of pure speculation, hope you don't get me wrong. I'm saying this cause of personal experience in the past. Anyways just le me know if you start to experience strange things happening in your house, you can even U2U me if you wanna talk more about this. Wish you the best and hope I'm very wrong.
best regards.

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

yeah little angel, that is natural, even we do it in cars, ofcourse your never did it, you so pure

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Gloster]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Came with the shopping?

Dogs can sense spirits too, so I am paying attention as that could also be a cause. That night I had a dream that someone died in my family, but I haven't located anyone who actually did.

He finally came out after hiding for a number of days. And when he came out, he acted like nothing happened. He was his playful, happy self.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by prophecywatcher]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

I'm not a psychiatrist, but obviously you need to talk to someone. Please seek professional help!

Love ya buddy, I know you're just foolin! You actually make me laugh believe it or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Came with the shopping?

Dogs can sense spirits too, so I am paying attention as that could also be a cause. That night I had a dream that someone died in my family, but I haven't located anyone who actually did.

He finally came out after hiding for a number of days. And when he came out, he acted like nothing happened. He was his playful, happy self.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by prophecywatcher]

Then whatever it was, left. Was a hitchhiker.

That's really not a good thing. Can't tell you how to prevent it in the future. But at least your dog knows what's going on. Listen to him.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Neytiri]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Neytiri

You're probably right. Things like that don't stay around here long. But I never sensed anything evil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join