It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is physicist Stephen Hawking right that physics, not God, created the universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
At the time of posting this thread, the results stand as -
1) 84.2% Yes. I believe in gravity, not divinity
2) 15.8% No. God: Hawking 'not necessary'

This is a decisive blow to the idea that the UNITED KINGDOM is a Christian country.

Mate, the current score is 56%-44% in favour of God, out of 53,000 votes cast.

I think you must have taken your results at a very early stage, or the poll has been hijacked by ''believers''.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

"Seriously though, the logic of Hawking is so backwards it's not even worth discussing. Guess he should stick to equations and leave the philosophical stuff to others."

I am curious as to what the logic is to come to this conclusion. Could you explain your view a bit more please? I personally think that his research is some of the most reasonable out of anyone else (in scientific and religious fields) especially in his books; they give such a clear description I can almost visualize the math as a picture. I would think that if his research was so backwards he would not be regarded as one of the brightest physicists of our time... not to mention his ability to fill in the gaps where Einstein left off, or was he backwards too?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, God created everything in the universe except physics, which he oddly enough left out.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
4 of the 7 ages in the development of the Sun planet system
which Stephen Hawking has no clue on and wishes to step up
to knowing the universe.

The ancients had it so rough all they could wish for was peace
on Earth.

Perhaps we got 2000 so far.

Tesla is the last physical scientist, so Hawking is not.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Steven Hawking is without a doubt one of the most brilliant people that ever lived on this rock, and without shadow of a doubt I can say that 99% of people that attack him on this board or anywhere else , doesn't posses mental capacity to even begin to understand things he takes for granted, let alone some of the stuff that he theorizes about.

With that said, I feel like this entire thing has been manipulated by media(And thread starters on this forum and others), I doubt he claimed that "God" doesn't exist, but that is possible that something can be created out of nothing. Somehow this was interpreted by media as "God" doesn't exist.

In any case when he speaks about "God" i doubt that he speaks about religious concepts that christian or whatever mental midg...I mean religious people speak about. IE white bearded anthropomorphized, genocidal, omnipotent entity that has a grudge towards apples. And I honestly doubt that he posses arrogance(Ignorance) of an atheist to claim that "God" doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yes but god lives in an other dimension
so actually no

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Talk about God not being there or before our eyes so we can see Him.
What about the ether.
Don't these scientists with their mathematical models wish to prove
something that is not there like a ghost.

Tesla proved the invisible ether and everything he said so let the
others prove likewise.
They can't without the tools of Tesla.

If angels are pure ether and Tesla proved that pressure in the
ether can move things, then angles can exert a physical presence.
But that is not what Hawking says so angels did not build the universe
with God. With out the link of the invisible universe Hawking has no
proof except erroneous equations. Tesla disputed Einstein's curved
space as ridiculous. If Tesla would even be concerned with Hawking
how would he rip into his theories.
ED: angels not angles... my bad typos
ED+: this angel movement of the planets might help Velikovsky
and his historic observations

[edit on 9/4/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
These people suck arse at paradoxes. If there was no universe, there were no physics, thus physics could not have created it. If physics created it, there must have already been a physical universe since physics cannot be defined without physicality. Given that, if physics exist independently of the physical, they are metaphysics and thus again suggest a "spiritual" element.

You might have guessed in this instance that I'm a zombie that abhors turtles. Nature abhors a turtle.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by EnlightenUp]

[edit on 9/4/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I've been on this site for some time now, and I'm yet to see a coherent post with anything that resembles a point, from you. Your "facts" about Nikola Tesla are laughable and your scientific terms are straight out of cable tv sci fi.

Decent avatar though, proves that you at least know how Tesla looked like, or that you can use google, I'm leaning toward latter.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To presume you know anything is folly! Who/What did gravity originate from? We have the 'benefit' of approximately 50-75 years of perspective and study of the nature of what is, that's about as far as generational history and memory can go [reliably], unless you have some very old people in your life.. The Universe is approximately 14 billion years old... .. Humans figured it out, in a couple hundred years? From our tiny little sphere? A place where we don't know which way is up? 'hee hee'. We have a long way to go..

Or, "Kali Yuga's a b!tch"

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowKungFu

It just goes to show the interesting things physics is capable of, eh? C'est la vie (así es la vida), I guess. Sit back, observe and don't forget to feed the pigeons.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I've been on this site for some time now, and I'm yet to see a coherent post with anything that resembles a point, from you. Your "facts" about Nikola Tesla are laughable and your scientific terms are straight out of cable tv sci fi.

Decent avatar though, proves that you at least know how Tesla looked like, or that you can use google, I'm leaning toward latter.

Yes, Tesla is now science fiction but sadly true.
What Tesla facts are not true according to you.
Robot armies.. Tesla might have made that true.
Oh that was Star Wars I or II wasn't it.
New ATSer please learn from the works of Tesla because
we are being fed the same dreams that should be reality
by now except for the Illuminati physical and mind control.

Hawking had nowhere to go to get approval for his work
except in a direction slated by the Illuminati.
Would Tesla accept the Nobel Prize with Edison.
No.
He was so banned that to have a big dinner again he
most likely accepted the Edison Medal in New York.
ED: Google Edison Medal and see if Edison was dead
at that time.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by IKnowKungFu

It just goes to show the interesting things physics is capable of, eh? C'est la vie (así es la vida), I guess. Sit back, observe and don't forget to feed the pigeons.

Thats all the illuminati writers had to say about Tesla.
Pigeons.
How mind control is that.
It explains nothing.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know we are talking abou tthe universe here But I always like to cvome back to this point. Think about the human body and how it is made up. How organs connect to together organ how the brain works. How are immune system works. To think that this happens by mere chance or a BLOB! and mixture of gases really?!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

A google for you

Perhaps a new aspect of gravity instead of hum drum mass
at a distance.

Can't say we know about the ether mass interaction required
for a new theory but the idea sounds promising.

ED: Hey my bad, the Tesla robot army.. in the form of
the dirigible torpedo and other so called Foo, manned or
unmanned, unmanned in this instance were to be proposed
by Tesla to the illuminati before WWI and are now just
conversation pieces as UFOs. So an army of robot fliers
is very much a possibility.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My guess is that Mr. Hawking is not all that bright. God is everything, and everything is God. Beyond his brain? Obviously. I believe he is being used by 'satan' to spread science backed lies. Is he aware of this? I doubt it. Mathematically I would liken it to infinity versus anything we can measure. All you can discern is that the comparison is immeasurably vast.

I would guess that pride has leaked in to his embattled flesh and he is being softly encouraged to proceed as such, perhaps by colleagues, visitors, or something more powerful.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
(From another Hawking thread)
All forms of physics, all forms of science for that matter are a by-product of creation.
When the universe was formed certain laws had to be used to keep order in the mist of all the chaos.
Scientist are working on these questions, these theories and hypothesis from the outside in.
Kinda like working a math problem in reverse, trying to find the sum of "A".
The biggest problem they have? All they think they know does not amount to anything in the really big picture.
We still do not know for 100% positive anything about our universe.
We may have theories about how things work and these theories might fit perfectly but are they right? Are there also other theories that might fit?
Science can not say for certain that there was a big bang.
It can not say for certain that evolution is real.
It can not even say with out a doubt that there is no God. To do so would be VERY closed minded and we know that spiritual people are the only ones with closed minds; now don't we?
So many times I hear this from those that feel they are intellectually superior to others, especially regarding faith.
They claim that spiritual people are closed minded and just refuse to acknowledge the truth.
What many of them refuse to see is that they really have no idea what the truth is because they are the ones with the closed hearts.
Open your heart and your mind will follow.
Do not claim someone else has a closed mind all because you think that your way of thinking is the only way. In the end your truth and all of your so called knowledge boils down to an opinion, yours or that of another that you claim as yours.
I am a Christian. I believe that the Son of God came to this earth, lived, taught, died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day.
I do not know exactly how God created this universe. He could of used a big bang if he wanted.
I do not know how old the earth or the universe is because the bible does not clearly come out and give us an age. We may be able to speculate from what is written but we do not know for sure.
I do not know if there is life on other planets. There is nothing to say there is not.
I do not know many things, just like every one else in this world.
BUT my heart is open.
I DO know that my Father in heaven loves me.
I DO know that if I try to live my life by His word and repent of my sins that I will meet Him one day.
I DO know that with out faith there is a whole lot in life that we would miss out on.
A few of you seem to feel that there will come a day when science proves once and for all that there is NO GOD
What will happen when you find that the sum of "A" is GOD?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To me on this I would try to simply it.

Too many words for something that no word can describe?

What is the difference between the ideas of a omnipresent "God" mechanism, and a "Physics Law"?

Right, in the end you can argue either side of the base definitions as sharing the same qualities.

It's a pointless debate. But I guess it sells books or whatever. $

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Steven Hawking is without a doubt one of the most brilliant people that ever lived on this rock, and without shadow of a doubt I can say that 99% of people that attack him on this board or anywhere else , doesn't posses mental capacity to even begin to understand things he takes for granted, let alone some of the stuff that he theorizes about.

With that said, I feel like this entire thing has been manipulated by media(And thread starters on this forum and others), I doubt he claimed that "God" doesn't exist, but that is possible that something can be created out of nothing. Somehow this was interpreted by media as "God" doesn't exist.

In any case when he speaks about "God" i doubt that he speaks about religious concepts that christian or whatever mental midg...I mean religious people speak about. IE white bearded anthropomorphized, genocidal, omnipotent entity that has a grudge towards apples. And I honestly doubt that he posses arrogance(Ignorance) of an atheist to claim that "God" doesn't exist.

Stephen Hawkings and all atheists for that matter, have to posses two of God's attributes to claim dogmatically that He doesn't exist.

Omnipresence and omniscience.

It's absurdly arrogant to state dogmatically that God doesn't exist, especially if a person has not been at every location in the universe at the same time and in every dimension known of unknown at the same time.

A 5th grader can figure that out.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Should we listen to Hawking just because he's supposed to be good in physics ???

He's not even one of the top 10 or 20 physicists in the world !!

Where science ends, spirituality begins, Einstein said to understand the universe is to understand how god thinks.

Questions like these only serve people who are unable to think for themselves, .... maybe you have more in common with organized religion than you think !!!

Praise tha lode !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join