It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is physicist Stephen Hawking right that physics, not God, created the universe?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Why is Stephen Hawking's becoming the man that seems to have figured out the meaning of life?

He's making front page news about his beliefs that we're absolutely not alone and.........alien's are likely very hostile and..........god didn't create the universe and...............Black holes are time tunnels?

I mean, why is this guy getting so much recognition lately? Can he be part of the NWO to break down and take-down religion.....mainly, the Vatican?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I mean, why is this guy getting so much recognition lately?

Occams Razor once more: I think he is trying to postulate theories over theories, which go further and further just because he does NOT WANT to accept the notion of a God. He can go this way ad infinitum, but the simplest explanation is actually (my opinion) the right one.

They started with REJECTING the notion of an expanding universe and the Big Bang, because they couldn't bare it that the universe may have had a beginning. Then lately, they tried to circumvent this by claiming that it did not have a beginning but it is a cycle of expanding and crunching universe, but this only pushes the solution one step further. You CAN NOT and will not be able to escape the definitive truth that there WAS once a beginning of it. Logically, something finite, must have an infinite cause. Universe is finite.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

I think what I'm having a problem with is, why does it take one person (who cosmically-speaking, is equal to everyone else for...... we are all ONE) to tell others what we all should know?

Let me break that down a bit because I even lost myself with the run-on sentence o'mine.

Shouldn't this be Universal knowledge if true? How is Stephen Hawking any different from lets say, Jesus (if he even existed)? He's just spreading his 'opinion' based on science because he is of celebrity status therefore, given a platform to do so.

Why does it take one (Stephen Hawking) to enlighten others....?....because he has a telescope, a blackboard, chalk and computer?

I just don't believe one person is any more privy to 'know' than his fellow Human being knows.

What I do believe is, people are perhaps in different levels of incarnation and awareness. So I am certainly not going to pay attention to the scientists (who think they're imparting this Universal knowledge) just because they understand 'physics' a little better than I do.

See, I don't think we're here to learn rather...........we're here to remember.
I think all this 'learning' is what's holding us back!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Greetings my friends,

I have not read the whole thread, so please forgive me if I am redundant.

Mr. Hawkings is in error due to his limited ability to see the whole.

He cannot see that God created the universe because he has not the sight to see that the universe IS God. All he sees are the individual parts. I certainly can't begrudge him for this. All any of us SEE are the individual parts. We are incapable as humans to see the whole of God.

We know he exists by the exact nature everything is held together and behaves. It all moves in an exact precision which defies any chance of random occurrence. If it wasn't for these strict laws of motion, atoms would not hold together. Electrons would collide with each other, spinning off into nothingness, molecular bonds would be impossible.

It is the arrogance of man that disputes there is a God. We discover laws of motion and slap our names on them as if these things happen because we told them to, when all we did is discover how something greater than us told them to.

It is also the arrogance of man to limit the greatness of God. We declare that we know his truth and force it upon others. We forget that God gave us all eyes to see and a mind to comprehend his creation.

So, to not ere in that regard, I will say that Mr. Hawkins is correct for him. However, his truth has no bearing on my own.

Judge not, love all, live in peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I agree with him in some cases,but i can't deny the existence of god,although i am a Materialist maybe,but not so totally.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He changes his mind a lot.

"God not only plays dice with the universe, but sometimes throws them where they can't be seen."

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star..."

Stephen Hawking from newsfeed.time.com...
Truthfully, I think he is just guessing, like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hawking's mistake is the assumption that what we know is enough to finish the equation.
Take the material here, if it's correct (and read the study notes)
Then we missed a huge chunk of the equation regarding Earth's history.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

The big bang theory was FACT as far as science was concerned until recent data shows everything is speeding up away from the centre. Physics say that is impossible from an explosion. Yet this is what is happening.
So what if their are two universes, one like a balloon blowing itself thru to ours, until it is exhausted and then, ours deflates back to it. That would explain the movement, but we don't have that data yet.

Remember this adage
Belief is not truth

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

The only reason you think Hawkins is wrong is that you assume your theory of God is adequate to that of scientific endeavours, scientific understanding of the universe.

Whether or not Hawkins is right or wrong, clearly the mono-theistic religions especially the Abrahamic religions are completely false.

They seem to have all of the information that science could not possibly present and state as truth. Religion is wrong.

God might exist though, if some higher power, creator has created reality, the universe or even ALL of the universes then it would be more magnificent than any man could possibly comprehend.

Nothing like anything in the bible or the quran, what's to say the creator even has emotions or desires anyway.

This is why religion has to end, we need to conform to Atheism in regards to man-made religion and we need to remain agnostics where a lack of evidence puts the very notion of God into question.

edit on 16/9/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Man uses hammers, drills, machines..... maybe God used physics.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

You've attribute physics to God without knowing whether God exists or not. Some people see the forces of the universe the God forces, maybe it's a bad word to use to explain Physics, i think that word has been tainted with the how we have used the word God in our history.

Again, it is always the God of the Gaps scenario: humans don't understand something; they just make some nonsense up. We've done it with earthquakes, plagues, volcanoes, rainbows. Things that can be explained with critical scientific evidence, which without, you would be left wondering.

God can be defeated with an ounce of intelligence.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
God can be defeated with an ounce of intelligence.

My Friend,

God can only be defeated in ones own mind with what he perceives to be intelligence. No amount of intelligence in one man's mind can defeat a God which is believed in another's. That change in thought must come from within. And, I dare say it speaks of intelligent thought, but simply limiting the definition of God.

My God is everything in existence as a whole. To prove he does not exist, you would have to prove WE do not exist. Prove that while existing, and I will buy you all the beer you can drink.

Judge not, love all, be at peace.

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You have no proof of God. That's defeat for me. For someone claiming to know for certainty that there is a God he would have to proof surely? No they wouldn't because that's what faith is, a belief WITHOUT evidence, Yet this gives people the right to talk about God as if they know the ultimate truth that has never EVER been apparent.

Show me any theologian, any philosopheer, any mathematician, any scientist that has prooved the existence of a higher power and i will happily convert my friend.

Peace

A&A

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

My friend,

We are having the same discussion on two different threads. For simplicity sake, I will meet you on the other and leave this one to continue its natural course.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join