It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair memoirs: we must be prepared for attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Tony Blair memoirs: we must be prepared for attack on Iran

www.telegra ph.co.uk

The international community has to be prepared to take military action against Iran if the regime develops a nuclear weapon, Tony Blair has said in an interview to promote his memoirs, A Journey.

He said it was ''wholly unacceptable'' for Tehran to seek a nuclear weapons capability and insisted there could be ''no alternative'' to military force ''if they continue to develop nuclear weapons''.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Really must we Tony? Well I agree here is my plan of attack;

Staple you by the ears to a cannon ball and fire you directly at Ahmadinejad.

It was only a matter of time before this leach on human misery started ramping up the efforts for another war in the Middle East. Isn't he supposed to be a peace envoy in the region where he helped create the worst instability experienced in our lifetimes?

Peace envoy? A fundamental paradox.

He mentioned Iran in the Chilqot Inquiry, something I still find hard to comprehend. There he was defending the last botched military operations, and already talking about starting another. Perhaps he knows that any war with Iran will be an even bigger mess than Iraq, so the new coalition government will be left with a worse legacy than Blair!

www.telegra ph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Other links;

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.politics.co.uk...$21383440.htm

www.middle-east-online.com...

Doing the rounds apparently. This is used as publicity for the book?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'll only support his ridiculous notions to attack Iran if he's the army of one leading the charge into Tehran.

How I loathe Tony Blair. Yuck. Just from the exerpts I've read so far on the web today, he just seems like a total douche.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
everything Tony the tiger say
was writen by zionist .. his career was made by the zionist
his fortune was given to him by zionist
now he is agreeing to the futur Iran war
like he did with Irak
that guy is a mad man
hope in the futur somebody will put him in prison
in a 3 foot dark hole
with Bush in the same hole
so they can look each other eyes and soul and they can cry together for all the war crimes they commited
AND SAY SORRY WE WERE WRONG

S&F

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Staple you by the ears to a cannon ball and fire you directly at Ahmadinejad

are you kidding .. the ear will detach and the cannon ball will maybe hurt people in Iran when it fall
i have a better idea
attach his body to a rockets with solid cord
light the rocket.... it will fall into the see 600 miles far from any coast
fish will eat him at the end... those poor fishs need to eat to

to survive in the ocean...it will be a good action

the meat might taste awfull
but at list some fish will be able to feed that day

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I was listening to NIN Terrible Lie when I stumbled onto the article, just one of those weird coincidences in life.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
He's just giving us little people a vague idea of what all his friends have in store for the future.
Pull out of Iraq, move into Iran. Ho-hum.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

I fear that you are right. They plant little seeds here and there, and watch them grow.

The rest of you will enjoy this too I'm sure;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The JLS book signing attracted hundreds of fans leaving Tony Blair's looking like they were handing out free vaccinations!

Meanwhile, Tony Blair's memoir, A Journey, went on sale today and has already been reduced to half the recommended retail price in some WH Smith stores, The Telegraph is reporting.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
He's just giving us little people a vague idea of what all his friends have in store for the future.
Pull out of Iraq, move into Iran. Ho-hum.

There is no ways the US / coalition is ever going to move into Iran. That country is way bigger than Iraq, and the terrain is deadly compared to Iraq. It would be a death sentence for ground forces. NEVER going to happen. The only possible attacks would be aerial, and then Iran, Syria, Lebanon would hit out at Israel. The only way out of this, is a peaceful way.

Any attack from either country would result in total chaos in the ME!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A psychologist studying sociopaths may find Blair's biography useful. But for everyone else, every penny spend on this book is probably one penny to much. Who wants to read a collection of self-aggrandizing lies, myths and warmongering lunacy?

A journey probably deserves to undertake a journey straight into the trash bin. As a matter of principle I am against the destruction of books. So I want to spread an idea I read in comment section for the article - Tony Blair: Gordon Brown had 'zero' emotional intelligence.

Pop down to your local bookstore and pick up two copies of the vile tome. Walk around to the fiction section and leave 1 copy there on the shelves there. Walk around to the true crime section and leave the other copy on the shelves there. Leave the store. I promise that you will feel far happier
Share Crazy

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Blair is a disgrace, this latest perk of being a darling of the elite is shocking. He should be in jail right now for Iraq and the lies he told nevermind prancing around london with excerpts from his fisher price book in a vain bid to be controversial.
Some-one should point out to him inbetween signings that all the books in the world won't save him from his place with the idiot Bush in history as the men who deceived the world for the price of a few barrels of oil...

[edit on 1-9-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So he's still making mistakes then.

Truly the UK's very own Jimmy Carter.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
From the excerpts in yesterday's Telegraph, it appeared that he has jumped on the 'Blame Brown Bandwagon'.
In fact, I think he has hijacked it and crashed it into a wall...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Anytime I see that cretins face it gives me the creeps.

I'm convinced he has been possessed by Satan.

Repugnant defined.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Never felt like swearing as much as I want to with this douche.
He needs to shut his mouth, crawl into a hole and die.

Warmonger!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

When i went and saw his performance at the Chilcott Inquiry he banged on about the threat of Iran a few times. I was outraged. I wanted to shout something at him but his two rough looking goons put me off.

This war profiteer is beyond any redemption.

Wikipedia definition of War profiteering.

A war profiteer is any person or organization that improperly profits from warfare or by selling weapons and other goods to parties at war. The term has strong negative connotations. General profiteering may also occur in peace time.

The exact deal is unknown but South Korea-based UI Energy is one of the biggest investors in Iraq's oil-rich Kurdistan. Mr Blair's fee has not been disclosed but is likely to have run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He successfully persuaded the watchdog committee the work was "market sensitive" and could not be made public. But they published the details this week and also revealed a separate deal Blair had with the Kuwaiti government. This second arrangement had been kept secret at the request of the country's leaders.

www.mirror.co.uk...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Putting my tin foil hat on , it always struck me as strange that John Smith died of a heart attack at the age of 55, Just before Tony took to power of labour and turned into the neo liberal New Labour. John Smith could have been one of the best prime ministers we never had.

en.wikipedia.org...(Labour_Party_leader)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks. It would appear we have some consensus on Tony Blair.

Drunkenshrew I have to say that is a fantastic idea and I am going to do it next time I'm in the library

To PeruvianMonk he was one of the few in the UK ,who made any money out of Iraq. Let's face it the rest of us are all still feeling the pinch!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Putting my tin foil hat on , it always struck me as strange that John Smith died of a heart attack at the age of 55, Just before Tony took to power of labour and turned into the neo liberal New Labour. John Smith could have been one of the best prime ministers we never had.

en.wikipedia.org...(Labour_Party_leader)

Remember too that Robin Cook chief opponent to war in Iraq also conveniently died of supposed heart failure.

Great eh ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join