It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast to Coast: Has anyone here called and got through?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Spoke with Art back a couple weeks before 911, we discussed how something was 'up' and told about a bear attack on a Boys Scout camp.

There was alot of animal activity at that time, shark attacks, bears, dogs, and animals in general going berserk.

Talked to him again one night while sitting on the floor in the dark, told him about the alien I met on Oak Creek, it was kind of quaint, like talking with a friend, the call lasted for quite a while and he felt like a kindred spirit.

My son once talked with Art and told him about seeing a daytime UFO while on the swings at his school. He was so cool with him and was encouraging for him to continue looking into the subject, that he could be the next... don't remember but named a researcher I think.

Talked once with George Noory, think he was open at first and generally was happy to learn, he never did have the ability to talk with people like Art did, he instead didn't question but too soon became a know it all expert on everything.

I think, not sure but it was something about Angelic meetings or demonic, I told the story about how when I was a young girl I fought a demon and was taken into an alternate dimension.

Before I got to the finish he cut me off rudely and I have been blocked from fast blast, emailing the show since, and never tried to call again.

He was not really looking for demonic stories that night but Angelic...

I still often listen to the show but for some reason when ever a great subject is discussed I fall asleep after the first commercial break...

It is best for me though to look at the guests before I listen so that I don't take on the negative stuff subconsciously. It gives me a headache...

I have always loved George Knapp, his style his interview style is FAR closer to Art, but his own, not an imitation.

The other Guy, um whats his name, he gets the worst and most boring shows, and even when he does get a good interview he is well, lets just say I don't like him. Rarely listen to his sniffing and snide commentary. Always found him to be the ultimate kiss up to Nory...

George can be better than he is when he gets talkative interviewees that take the show on and just provide more info than George can keep up with, I swear sometimes I think he just throws in an occassional ,"Uh huh, yes, Ummm"

Sheeze this was long, I guess I have much to say about c2c.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi antar, since I have never listened to Noory I had no idea that they block people from calling, fastblast etc, nothing surprises me anything, it makes me sick what has happened to Art's show, it has been dumbed down, the callers that Art and Knapp get now are ridiculous, Art got for the most part intelligent callers with great questions and stories, Art never cut them off or interrupted them. I think all the intelligent listeners are long gone and like me can't handle that weekday guy.

Some of Art's callers turned into guests. You may remember when Art had caller debates, Art didn't say word he just let the two callers go it it, those were great shows. Ah Memories Like the Corners of my Mind.

Art still has it and we are lucky that he does a live show from time to time..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was never able to get on, but my friend was able to. Though, he used his time to make a prank, or fake call. If memory severs me right, he read the back of a video game case and used that as his story. But they took him seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I disagree with the Noory haters. I think he does a fine enough job for what he is doing. He is by no means better than Art Bell, however, I feel as if Noory does good. I mean, who would be better than Art Bell? One word: Nobody - So I feel as if the Noory hate is honestly unwarranted and misguided because its based around a man who had some huge shoes to fill.

People just like to complain since Noory filled some really huge shoes and the bar was set pretty high prior to him becoming the main host. Art Bell does come back from time to time to remind people of his greatness, but its really hard to live up to Bells expectations and I feel as if Noory has done an admirable job so far.

With that said, I still tune in. Like any talk show, you will have your good shows and bad shows....good guests and bad guests. I still thoroughly enjoy coast to coast because it talks about subjects that I enjoy. Its better than TV.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by -Reptile-]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, I was able to get on with Knapp the last time Springer was on as the guest. And no, I did not use my ATS name and I am pretty sure that Springer did not know which caller was me in the wings to "approve" the call. Although he did know that I was in the queue somewhere.

For those that listened to that show (those that also listen to ATS Live would have recognized the voice), I called in as Herb from Ohio. And under the advice of Johnny Anonymous, my topic of the call was crop circles, which is one of Knapp's favorite subjects of discussion.

Overall, getting on took 5 or 6 tries over a 45-60 minute time frame. And listening to C2C while in the chat room with others was almost as fun as being in the chat room during ATS Live on Saturdays. Although topping the call from Carl the Six Fingered Shaman is something we have not done yet. The difference between a national show and ATS centric audience...although not all our listeners are members on ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't even try to get through to Noory's show.

Right now the best show for paranormal stuff is Dark Matters Radio and I would like to see that show's host replace Noory - And you can actually get through when you call.

The shows so far.
www.dqrm.com...

Here is where you can legally get Noory's show AND the classics from Art Bell:

coast.gmms.ca...

Enjoy Folks.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Hey Ahabstar,

Do you know if C2C has other options for calling in apart from the landline/cell phone system?

I haven't listened in so long that I no longer know these things.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Well, they have to get on with other subjects. You cannot spend an enormous amount of time on a single subject or angle. They have to get to other callers and other subjects. Yeah, they have 4 hours, but they have to cram as much into that 4 hours as possible. So talking about a single angle for 4 hours (no matter how interesting) doesnt make for good radio talk shows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join