It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok its 12:22 pm in scotland and i can see the moon clear as hell!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Let me just quote the immortal words of Alec Guiness:

"That's no moon.... it's a space station!"

In all seriousness, I've seen the moon during daytimes before.

These are not the droids you are looking for. *Hand wave*

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
I have tried stellarium and no mooon on that ???

I set my stellarium to Scotland, and it showed the Moon in the western sky at 12:22 pm.
(turn off the "ground" on stellarium -- the Moon is behind a "tree" if you are using the default landscape
)

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

This morning, more precisely 4.40 AM in the midlands of England. The moon was directly above, like the sun usually is at midday.. I was staring out of the bathroom window at it and remember thinking I'm gonna be able to see that all day but it had disappeared by about 10am... (But it's really sunny down here today.)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
To see the moon during the daytime is perfectly normal.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
makes a change to have clear weather in the Midlands to be able to see the moon in the day. Best bank holiday weather we've had for years yesterday...its normally a wash out. As is August in general.

(though it did clear during the night last week to give some good views of Jupiter below the moon.
)

[edit on 31/8/2010 by spolvil]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, educating oneself is not always so hard before making a thread.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

wiki.answers.com...

It's not as if google would not have provided all the answers for such a simple thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spolvil

indeed it has been a very warm and bright last couple of days in the west midlands
makes a refreshing change to all the rain and cloud
especially when the meteor shower occured for 3 nights

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Harvest moon will appear on September 23 this year.

In times past this feature of these autumn moons was said to help farmers working to bring in their crops

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

You asked a civil question mate..good on ya..allthough, if it does,'nt concern doom and gloom..they don't wanna know...if americans say the moon is made of green cheese...trust me, its made of green cheese.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can tell ye that I've lived in Scotland my whole life and have been seeing the moon during the day since as far back as I can remember - and I can remember very far back.

I bet you'll see it all the time now that you've actually noticed it

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That's nuthin. Here on the west coast I can see my refrigerator in the kitchen from my computer desk. Is there more beer on the moon than in my frige???? Nope!!

tt

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, one of my personal rules is that if I am tempted to say something rude here on ATS, I do my best to close out the thread before the thought gets the best of me. No need to be mean. More to the point, the OP has noticed something that is, in fact unique.

Two nights ago as I was driving east across Montana, the moon rose before me. Now, I am an avid sky watcher and for a brief moment I seriously didn't know what I was seeing. It was the biggest, weirdest moon I have ever seen in my life. When I got to where I was going, I learned there had been a news story that night about it. Apparantly this type of moon only happens about once every twenty years. Something about the equinox I think.

If the OP is 23, this means that most likely he really never HAS seen the moon the way it is right now, so kudos to the OP for noticing it and shame on those that want to call him stupid.

We live in an amazing world!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Indeed!!
Funny how those guys can read the thread and responses and even
take the time to make rude hateful post...rather than simply
ANSWERING the question asked!! And as far as the guy who said
"do your research before posting" I feel ATS is a resource much
the same as Google personally and dont feel ANY thread should be
summarily ridiculed by anyone!!

And I'm enjoying knowing my Scottish mate here is admiring the same
thing I am at the same time!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Unbelievable some people here behaving like experts and jerks while trying to disprove the thread that OP has made? and while getting stars for it?

oxbow
There's nothing strange or unusual about it, the moon is visible during the day for most of the month. As during the night, it's reflecting light from the the sun, and its brightness is such that it can still be seen during the day.

I bet you quoted that from a website, therefore that isn't your own opinion, and oh really? well i haven't seen the moon like this in ages, if you think that's nothing strange or unusual about it, you are wrong about that part.

I agree with you thread OP, i made a thread about the moon acting and behaving strangely a while ago, and i have question have anyone of you seen the moon jump ?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I bet you quoted that from a website, therefore that isn't your own opinion, and oh really? well i haven't seen the moon like this in ages, if you think that's nothing strange or unusual about it, you are wrong about that part.

What's so strange about being able to see the moon during the day?

Incredible how some people never look at the sky.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dude, I've seen the moon during the daytime since I was a little kid, there is NOTHING strange or unusual about it.

I agree with you thread OP, i made a thread about the moon acting and behaving strangely a while ago, and i have question have anyone of you seen the moon jump ?

No, in fact I've seen overwhelming and undeniable evidence that the moon is right where it should be. Occultations, eclipses, and simple GOTO commands have all shown me the same thing year after year; the moon is as it should be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join