It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok its 12:22 pm in scotland and i can see the moon clear as hell!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Is this normal, i dont know if maybe ive been reading too many sensationilst threadds but i dont remember ever being able to see the moon at this time here in scotland, could someone from scotland please verify this for me?

I have tried stellarium and no mooon on that ???

Hmm seeems a little odd to me, its almostlike a sicence fiction movie where you see a moon or something clear as hell in the daytime sky

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I dont know what time it is now for ya, but Im on the east coast USA and I can see it too. its like 745AM

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Its now 12:47 pm and yup i still see it clear as day, im hopin forsomeone from scotland to verify this for me. particularly the ayrshire area as we have a very clear sky the moment

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This guy might also be seeing the same thing as you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i live in england and i spotted the moon this morning at around 10am and it was slightly more than a half moon but it was as clear as hell directly above me!
im not too sure if this is normal or not?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Its sunny here. I took a picture, Ill post later. But I understand your thinking. dontt know if I have ever seen it afternoon. Good luck

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

Its now 12:47 pm and yup i still see it clear as day, im hopin forsomeone from scotland to verify this for me. particularly the ayrshire area as we have a very clear sky the moment

I'm in scotland, in aberdeen. What direction should i be looking?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Thanks my friend, i may be thinking silly but it just seems odd to me, ive never seen it at this time of the day before, yesterday we had a clear sky and there was no moon to be seen so for it not to be there one day and then right there in the daytimesky the next day seems strange, thank you for taking a pic my friend

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Im not really good with but with a rough guess using stellarium i would say north west.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There's nothing strange or unusual about it, the moon is visible during the day for most of the month. As during the night, it's reflecting light from the the sun, and its brightness is such that it can still be seen during the day.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm in Glasgow and i've noticed it too over the past couple of days. Very beautiful.

Don't worry it's perfectly normal. It probably just seems unusual because we've actually got clear skies at the moment and usually it would be hidden in cloud

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Nammu]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

My friend you dont have to be insulting, Im 23 years old, not that it makes any difference, I found it unusual so i came to the website that would help me explain it. it has been explained now and im grateful for that, i am NOT grateful foryour ignorance my friend.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Thank you my friend
it is vrey beautiful ill agree

I just found it odd is all but now i know its not i can marvel in its beauty

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

hahaha! This thread has stupefied me as well.

2nd line: Deny ignorance indeed

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

A week ago a friend and I were going to Orlando and we could see the moon in the afternoon! I have seen it a few times in the afternoon, not often. She said she had never seen it before but I have. Although I am always looking at the sky

I don't think it's unusual but then again I don't know about Scotland.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
oops duplicate...

[edit on 8/31/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolam
reply to post by Zmurfix

hahaha! This thread has stupefied me as well.

2nd line: Deny ignorance indeed

Post like this are what make me get pissed. Why EVEN come in here if you don't like the topic? What you think you are better than the OP? So what they have never seen the moon in the afternoon, my friend hadn't either. Does that make her stupid or ignorant? No it's obvious the OP had never seen it before. I know if I hadn't I would be asking the SAME question.

If you don't like a thread then DON"T read it!

You my friend are the ignorant one it seems.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

My friend you took the words right out of my mouth, its people like that that make me weary about posting threads or asking questions, they make mefeel like im SUPPOSED to know everything about everything.

Thank you for your input my friend

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by mblahnikluver

My friend you took the words right out of my mouth, its people like that that make me weary about posting threads or asking questions, they make mefeel like im SUPPOSED to know everything about everything.

Thank you for your input my friend

no problem.

You aren't suppose to know everything, nobody does. It's alright to ask questions, never stop! Some people just think they know everything and put others down when they don't know something they happen to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join