It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Israeli protests, Russia won't halt arms sale to Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Despite Israeli protests, Russia won't halt arms sale to Syria

Haaretz reported on Friday that PM Benjamin Netanyahu had asked Russian PM Vladimir Putin to cancel the sale of long-range surface-to-sea cruise missiles to the Syrian Army.

Despite Israel's objections, Russia will not cancel its sale of advanced missiles to Syria, the Kremlin announced on Sunday.

Haaretz reported on Friday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had asked his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, to cancel the sale of long-range surface-to-sea cruise missiles to the Syrian Army.

"Lately, some Israeli media outlets have been actively disseminating information distorting Russia's position on the implementation of its obligations to Syria, including in the sphere of military and technical cooperation," Prikhodko said. "I would like to stress that the Russian Federation honors all the agreements that were previously signed between Russia and Syria."

U.S., Israel Lobby Against Missile Sales to Syria, Lebanon

Ahh these Russians , causing so much trouble no?

phew

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good for Russia. I'm tired of reading about the entire world capitulating to Israeli/US whims, lies, threats, and disinformation. The world is a better place if there is more than one power calling every shot. If we're lucky, they will start another Cold War, maybe against a China/Russia bloc. The US was a much better place to live during the last one.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I don't want to see a war.... Russia is keeping the US and Israel in check. We need a balance of power.... Will this world ever decide to do that??

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh no!

Israel can't fight against armed soldiers, just civilians.

At least this generation can't, maybe their fathers did but that was with American's sneaking weapons over in airplanes against UN sanctions to give the israeli's the advantage.

However they may be forced to use their illegal nuclear warheads the Americans bought and paid for if their planes are getting shot out of the sky.

This might be what Russia and China are after, then it gives them the chance to be world police and shut down israel and tell America to go home to a depression.

Now they own Russian and Middle Eastern oil reserves.

I mean there to keep the peace like we are, of course.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They didn’t bend over backwards, over that nuclear reactor they built Iran, and so I never thought there was a plan not to sell weapons Syria!

Israel merits little respect, in addition to being a more democratic version of Nazi Germany, it’s only got a population of just over 6 million people.

I know this is probably the same as having an army of 6 million soldiers-insurgents, however with Israel being tiny and insane, and Russia massive and (much more) rational, means (in some ways) these two countries were never exactly destined, to get along.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
rUSSIA IS PLAYING A DANGEROUS GAME WITH ITS TECHNOLOGY.
i WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF THE iSREALIS TAKE OUT THE FIRST SHIPMENT BEFORE ITS UNCRATED, AND JUST KEEP ON GOING AFTER THAT....sYRIA,lEBANON, iRAN.....
iF THE WORLD IS EXPECTING iSREAL TO CAPITULATE OVER THIS IT BETTER GET SET FOR TROUBLE.
tHE BALANCE OF POWER IS SLIPPING INTO THE MUSLIMS FAVOUR, AND THEY WILL NOT LET IT GO TOO FAR BEFORE THE MISSLES START FALLING

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I want to see Russia fulfil its s300 missle defence system roll-out to Iran.

That would stir the pot and hopefully negate, or lessen, israel's thoughts on attacking Iran.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ahh yes I do think Putin oh sorry I mean Medvedev is right not to renegade on the deal =] , seems Comrade Putin is very upset with the West

Putin slams West for deceiving Russia

"At time of the withdrawal from East Europe, the NATO secretary general promised the USSR it could be confident that NATO would not expand over its current boundaries," Putin said. "And where is it? I asked them [NATO officials] about this. They have nothing to say. They deceived us in the rudest way." Russia-U.S. relations face a lot of problems, Putin said. "We had just come to terms that there would be no missiles [NATO missile defense systems] in Poland...but it was suddenly announced that the same [missile defense system deployment] was planned for other European countries." "I think it [the Munich speech] was useful. Because I said the truth... They [Western countries] told us one thing, but did another. They spoofed us in the full sense of this world," the premier said

However bless his cotton socks he does seem to have a soft spot for Obama.
Seems the roubles will be rolling in with the new pipeline with China..

Phew busy busy busy... Go Putin Go Putin

www.upi.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Russia is simply fulfilling it's agreements. Israel gets weapons from the US in order to protect her borders. Why should weapons be denied to any country that wishes to protect it's sovergnty. Seems Israel wishes to keep her neighbors weak.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You do realise that Israel would go poof if the Russian's said so, right?

Russia is not to be triffled with, there are two powers in the world that could go toe to toe with Russia NOW (United States and China). And, Russia is just starting to get their military might up to par with their previous levels.

If anything, the US might just step in and keep Israel in cheack, as the United Sates CAN NOT afford a war with Russia now.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Good. Israel will think twice before attacking... his ships would meet the bottom of the sea if they were to try.

Not a big surprise, since Russia have a big presence in the port of Tartus... IN SYRIA...

Which is protected by S-300s... maybe even S-400s.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Good. Israel will think twice before attacking... his ships would meet the bottom of the sea if they were to try.

Not a big surprise, since Russia have a big presence in the port of Tartus... IN SYRIA...

Which is protected by S-300s... maybe even S-400s.

very good thread you have Vitchilo thank you for all the info contained.
Russia are not bending over as was reported of late. Good good.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Israel would be no more likely to sink a Russian ship than they would and American one. Oh, wait.

I know, bad joke. The Knesset will not provoke the Kremlin. That would be suicide as the Russians are not as forgiving as the Americans.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
to date Russian/Soviet systems have hardly been impressive. The vaunted TOR system was less than spectacular the last time the IAF caught syrias hand in the nuclear cookie jar.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join