It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The two witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Of course nobody's going to kill you.
Can I point out, though, that the Twin Towers were not doing any witnessing? (And they haven't been raised yet)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Originally posted by Logarock
Elijah also went to Mt Sinai, made a 40 day trip after the events at Mt Carmel.

Yes, Moses spent 40 days and 40 nights on Mt. Sinai. And Elias travelled 40 days and 40 nights to get there.

Interesting observation.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

And as you know Christ also did the 40 day wilderness thing as did the other two without food or water.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Along these lines and another case for Moses and Elijah is the Mt* of Transfiguration. Christ, who had not died yet was with these two men when he was transfigured.

Yes, this makes another solid case for these two.

Of the seven spirits of God, Rev.,5:6, and the seven angels who stand before the throne of God, Rev.,8:2, I suspect that the two groups of seven are one in the same. And that 6 of them would be: Moses, Gabriel, Elijah, Michael, Enoch, Raphael,......do you have any speculation on these and who the seventh one may actually be?....Just curious.....looking for some insight.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Cant say I have ever looked into this enough but do believe that men and angels dont mix in groups like this. Just my opinion here.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Of the seven spirits of God, Rev.,5:6, and the seven angels who stand before the throne of God, Rev.,8:2, I suspect that the two groups of seven are one in the same.

I would have to disagree with identifying the "seven spirits" with angels.
On the basis that the number "seven" means "belonging to God", I would read the "seven spirits" as "the seven-fold spirit"- that is "The Spirit of God"- that is, the Holy Spirit.
These "seven spirits" are shown attached to the Lamb, and we know from elsewhere that the Lamb, the Son, is able to send the Holy Spirit.
See also ch1 vv4-5, where again "seven spirits" is a label for the Holy Spirit, in the sequence Father, Spirit, Son..

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I always thought that men, women and angels are one in the same......Men and women while on Earth, then transformed into angels in the other world......"you will have no wife in heaven, but you will be as the angels".

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI
I would have to disagree with identifying the "seven spirits" with angels.
On the basis that the number "seven" means "belonging to God", I would read the "seven spirits" as "the seven-fold spirit"- that is "The Spirit of God"- that is, the Holy Spirit.

Yes, and as there are three persons in one God,....can there not also be seven persons in one Holy Spirit?

edited again to add.....The seven Spirits of God who have been sent forth unto all the Earth. Rev.,5:6.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

In that one regard but other scripture indicates a separate final dispensation between men and angels.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yes, and as there are three persons in one God,....can there not also be seven persons in one Holy Spirit?

But the Holy Spirit is God, and the angels are not God.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

These spirirts are not well defined and explaned but are known. Something like or some function they have like other beings have around the throne have functions. The seven eyes of the lord, seven church spirits ect ect may be the same thing here.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
But the Holy Spirit is God, and the angels are not God.

There is only one God. The Father, the Creator, He sends the Son, and they both send the Holy Spirit.

Again I say, if there are three persons in one God, then who are the Seven Spirits of God, Rev.,5:6, if not the Holy Spirit?...and the Seven angels who are associated with him?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Let me put it this way....There are 3 persons in one God. Why can't there be 7 persons in the Holy Spirit?

The three being as one....and the seven being as one "in one" of
those persons.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

"For what person knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? So also no-one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God"- 1 Corinthians ch2 v11

The Spirit of God is as close to God, according to Paul, as a man's mind is to himself. You cannot separate God from his Spirit, any more than you can separate a man from his mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

But the Holy Spirit lives within each of us, yes?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes, indeed. So that is something of God in each of us.
In 1 Corinthians ch3 v16, the fact that the Holy Spirit dwells within the church turns the church "building" into a Temple. Pauls' logic is; A Temple is the residence of a God- the Holy Spirit (God) resides in the church- therefore the Church is a Temple.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

In that one regard but other scripture indicates a separate final dispensation between men and angels.

Men judging angels for one thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So then who are the seven Spirits of God?... if not the Holy SPIRIT?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

There is at least one conversation recorded between God and one of these spirits or some spirit. The seven spirits are probably individual and seperate from The Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

So then who are the seven Spirits of God?... if not the Holy SPIRIT?

I think that's what I said myself, several posts back. That Revelation's phrase "seven spirits of God" is just a label for "God's Spirit".
I don't see "seven" in this instance as a real number- it's just a label meaning "belonging to God".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join