It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the September 11th attacks the second Pearl harbor?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This has most likely been discussed before and everyone has different views on 9/11. After reading about the government's foreknowledge of the Pearl Harbor attacks; because of the threat of the Soviet threat in Europe and Japan's growing power in the Pacific. From what I read I can't help but think how American's in the 90's were so peaceful and full of life. During the 90's you would never imagine our leaders being in any wrong. Even though various scandals did plague our leaders. There was no threat from the past Soviet Union, the world seem to finally be moving in the 21st century as a better tomorrow. America was finally at it's normal era it felt comfortable in. I believe Al Qaeda was a real organization. (emphasis on the was) 9/11 attacks were influenced since 1995 or 1996. The U.S. government knew ahead of time of the plans in 1998.

After reading this the government had to be foolish to think 9/11 happened out of no where that day.

I can't help but think how 19 of the hijackers were still able to hide under notice in public for so long in NATO countries while the U.S. could of stop them before the 9/11 attacks.

There is a lot I can dig up. Just thinking what would have the reasons for the U.S. to allow the attacks to happen so we can go into Afghanistan then later Iraq. Do any of you agree 9/11 was less of an inside job and known ahead of time so o provoke interest in war of overseas?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's a website which helps explain where I'm coming from on this issue.
www.michaeljournal.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Government knowing ahead of time, and pretty much letting it happen by purposefully "dropping the ball," says to me, they wanted it to happen just like it did, and in my book, that counts as 'them'/our 'government' officials being in on it.

Of course they wanted to wage war, because war gives people like Rumsfeld, Bush, and Cheney more money through their commercial enterprises and private military contracting incorporations. Yeah yeah, we all know the story, but it's probably even deeper than that.

They probably figured they could kill two birds by waging war on innocents to get whatever it is they wanted out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (*cough* oil *cough* Poppies/Opium, *ahem*), and our wonderful leaders also took advantage of the perfect opportunity to up security measures and take away our privacy (and this, they probably had already anticipated, and prepared legislation for, prior to any of the terrorists attacks).

So to me, them sitting back like the fat cats of slime that they are, and choosing to let these terrorists carry out their plan, just further proves to me that our government doesn't give a flying flock about it's bewildered sheople.

More people need to see this type of evidence so that they can put two and two together.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by leira7]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Its called hindsight...and no I do not agree that someone just stood back and waited for it to happen. For every document that you find that mentions Bin Laden and his determination to attack the US, you will find ten others that list some other extremist organization and how they are an "imminent" threat....that never happened.

Our elected officials spent over 30 years screwing up our national security...it was run by people more concerned about keeping their jobs and worrying about the civil rights of terrorists than they were about keeping the US safe. Take that and toss in the foolish notion that many people had about us being completely safe over here on our own continent, a long ways away from the Middle East.......and you get what happened on 9/11.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Whether or not they knew or allowed the attacks to happen(which i think they did) i wouldn't compare it to Pearl harbor as no country declared war against America on 9/11. Of course the rabid public wanted blood and someone to blame....sad really.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Of course the rabid public wanted blood and someone to blame....sad really.

You are right, it would have been better for us to have just cleaned up the mess and went about our lives.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Or simply assassinated those responsible instead of retaliating in a far more brutal and evil way than 9/11 ever was. Of course this doesn't mean anything in the end as the wars were never about 9/11, people should have known this from the start and protested against it...but the bloodthirsty, irrationality resulting from 9/11 clouded far too many peoples judgment.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you refer to 9/11 as a second Pearl Harbor, you should also mention the Project for the New American Century. The members of PNAC were eager for The U.S. To enter and “win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars.” They wanted the military to take control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein is in power, because the “need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein." They wanted to increase spending for the military, because overall, they wanted the US to be “Tomorrow's dominant force”. Here is a quote from the whitepaper:

REBUILDING AMERICA’S DEFENSES
Strategy, Forces and Resources For a New Century

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

www.newamericancentury.org...

Short summary
home.earthlink.net...
People involved in PNAC:
www.nndb.com...
Information about PNAC on sourcewatch.
www.sourcewatch.org...

For those, who look for additional information about PNAC, Zionists in the Bush-administration and the MSM, the anthrax letters and the military industrial complex - and who exactly was it, who manipulated the public into supporting the wars and giving up their liberties, I can highly recommend the website and documentary of Ryan Dawson. He has collected lots of valuable, well-sourced information. Don't disregard his info, because of typos, just follow the links he provides. He exposes many lies and manipulation attempts.

His blog:
www.rys2sense.com...
His 3hour long documentary War by Deception
www.rys2sense.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
(a) I don't believe for a minute that Roosevelt or other members of the US government had forewarning of Pearl Harbour, but that is not a subject for a 9/11 thread .

(b) I suspect that the document posted in the OP, if bona fide, is typical of thousands about Islamist extremists which must have passed over desks in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Ominous but short on specifics and certainly no-one could have expected 9/11 on the basis of that document.
There may well have been some complacency and negligence, a failure of liaison between agencies and this is where guilt in the Administration lies. Not in crazy blood-thirsty plots.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
There was no threat from the past Soviet Union, the world seem to finally be moving in the 21st century as a better tomorrow. America was finally at it's normal era it felt comfortable in.

From The Lone Gunmen 'Pilot' episode aired 6 months before 9/11:

BYERS SNR: The Cold War's over, John. But with no clear enemy to stockpile against, the arms market's flat. But bring down a fully loaded 727 into the middle of New York City and you'll find a dozen tin-pot dictators all over the world just clamoring to take responsibility, and begging to be smart-bombed.

BYERS: I can't believe this. This is about increasing arms sales?

[snip]

BYERS: World Trade Center. They're going to crash it into the World Trade Center.

What an AMAZING coincidence, huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Are you suggesting that the producers of " The Lone Gunmen " were in on the plot ?

Why would that be ?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

(b) I suspect that the document posted in the OP, if bona fide, is typical of thousands about Islamist extremists which must have passed over desks in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Ominous but short on specifics and certainly no-one could have expected 9/11 on the basis of that document.
There may well have been some complacency and negligence, a failure of liaison between agencies and this is where guilt in the Administration lies. Not in crazy blood-thirsty plots.

The document posted is the August 6, 2001, President's Daily Briefing Memo. The best part of this memo is (one month before 9/11!):

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

www.sourcewatch.org...

Here is a short clip, showing why the White House had to declassify the memo.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by ATH911

Are you suggesting that the producers of " The Lone Gunmen " were in on the plot ?

No, just mentioning that it's an amazing coincidence.

Don't you agree it's an amazing coincidence?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

reply to post by ATH911

No, just mentioning that it's an amazing coincidence.

Don't you agree it's an amazing coincidence?

No, I'm sorry, I don't see any more significance in it than my watch showing 9.11 twice a day.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No, I'm sorry, I don't see any more significance in it than my watch showing 9.11 twice a day.

Like wow, man. Wow.

Sure explains a lot about you skeptics.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

Like wow, man. Wow.

Sure explains a lot about you skeptics.

On the other hand, I think your position explains a lot about some truthers. You latch onto a coincidence and treat it as of some significance without giving a thought to some of the absurd consequences which that is likely to give rise to .

E.g. The writers and producers of a TV show were in on the plot. The evil perps of this bloodthirsty plot thought it was a good idea to advertise their intentions via a TV show.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

You honestly think that a TV show that has a plot involving hijacked airliners being flown into the World Trade Center is the same as your clock displaying 9:11 twice a day? Really? Especially when this aired just months before the tragedy actually happened! Please tell me you're joking.

And no this doesn't mean the producers were in on anything, but surely this was an amazing coincidence!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by IamMe14]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is another coincident event.

U.S. OK’d plan to topple Taliban a day before 9/11
WASHINGTON — After years of delay caused by inadequate intelligence, the U.S. government decided just one day before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that it would try to overthrow the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan if a diplomatic push to expel Osama bin Laden from the country failed, the independent panel investigating the attacks reported Tuesday.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

It was very convenient for the Bush-administration, that the vile terrorist mastermind who had his base in Afghanistan attacked the USA first - just one day after Bush had secretly signed a plan to topple the Taliban regime. I wonder how much public support for this foreign entanglement Bush would have gotten without the 9/11 attack.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
reply to post by Alfie1

You honestly think that a TV show that has a plot involving hijacked airliners being flown into the World Trade Center is the same as your clock displaying 9:11 twice a day? Really? Especially when this aired just months before the tragedy actually happened! Please tell me you're joking.

And no this doesn't mean the producers were in on anything, but surely this was an amazing coincidence!

My understanding of the plot is that one airliner was involved which did not, in the event, hit either tower.

Of course there is a superficial coincidence but what does it signify ? Why mention it ?

If you don't think the producers were in on the plot why is it brought up ? Do you seriously think the perps wanted to advertise their intentions beforehand ? Did they do that by threatening the writers and producers of the TV show ? Why wasn't the TV show closer to the real event ? Please give me a plausible reason why this is significant.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by IamMe14]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

And Tom Clancy wrote a book where a 747 was crashed into the Capitol Building during a Joint Session of Congress...

Dale Brown wrote a book about a terrorist crashing airliners into various targets......AFTER he had make stock transactions designed to profit from his acts.

In Armageddeon, they had metorites slam into the WTC in roughly the same places as the airliners hit on 9/11.

Pretty sure I could find a lot more examples of things such as these in various books/movies.

So, were they ALL in on it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join