It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Positive stuff

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have read so many posts about depressed people, angry people, grieving people.

The only way ordinary people have to help the world is to be positive.

Positive builds, negative destroys.

I can't tell you how to do it, but if people tried and sent out positive vibes, I am sure it would help so much.

One way to start is just smile at the next person you see.




posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows
 


I agree S&F. This idea is the most over looked. We are angry, disappointed, and unhappy.

Hug someone today, call someone you haven't talked to in a while or remind someone that their on your mind.

Thanks for the upbeat, I know Ive been fighting too.

Peace to you, NRE.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 


Thanks - and we never tell the people we love that we love them - or not enough.

It is so uplifting to hear someone say they love you, especially if you are feeling down.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows
 

catwhoknows,

Shhhhh....you are disrupting the balance.


Peace

[edit on 29-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
"Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will."
-Zig Ziglar

It really is as simple as that.




posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime
 


The balance of hatred? I am disrupting that?

YAY to me!



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows
 


No, the balance between love and hate!!

I agree with you thread (heck, I even flagged it) but what makes you say that one is better then the other?? Don't we need both in order to make this deal work??

What is love without hate??

Peace



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime
 


OK, you are so right.

Love and hate.

War and peace.

Feast and famine.

The world works on opposites - how cruel.

We have no out.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime
 


IMO love without hate is more love, a better understanding of love, if there was no hate then love would be overwhelming, something that I think we need more of.

Peace, NRE.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by operation mindcrime
 


OK, you are so right.

Love and hate.

War and peace.

Feast and famine.

The world works on opposites - how cruel.

We have no out.


Does it really? Or have humans just set up everything this way as some sort of ancient self preservation instinct that we do unconsciously?



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
"Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will."
-Zig Ziglar

It really is as simple as that.



I disagree with this.

A frown is better than a smile for me.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Just to play Devils advocate here for a moment...

People telling me to to be positive all the time can become quite tedious and, thus, comes across very negatively.

Positivity definitely has its place in this world and, speaking in terms of ideals, it is preferential to negativity. But we are creatures of duality and, let's face it, if life was all sunshine, puppies, and laughing children we would quickly lose our ability to appreciate these things.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


1. you replied to me.

2. If every in the world is full or doom and gloom, that is where we will be.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows
 


Agreed!
I'm G146541 and I approve of this message.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Hefficide
 


1. you replied to me.

2. If every in the world is full or doom and gloom, that is where we will be.


I wasn't judging you or taking a shot at your post. I was honestly playing Devils advocate IE, analyzing what you said from more than one point of view.

Personally I don't see that much doom and gloom in the world. I certainly see those things represented in media. And ATS has these little spasms of negativity now and again, regarding the tone of threads and posts. But overall, in my real life, I see far more good things than I do bad things.

Life is what we make of it!

[edit on 8/29/10 by Hefficide]



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Life is what we make of it!


No it is not, i have had 18 years of uk gov and police trying to ruin my life for no reason. Life is not what you make of it, it is what you can do while others not destroying it for you.

My life is totally destroyed by these loons, and you telling me these clowns in police and gov are not ruining others lifes.

The biggest lie in this world, i.e life is what you make of it. No it is not.

People in gov and police are desperate to murder and destroy people for no reason.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


Andy, why are they ruining your life?

I really want to know. Because you do not have to put up with this.



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just to play Devils advocate here for a moment...

People telling me to to be positive all the time can become quite tedious and, thus, comes across very negatively.

Positivity definitely has its place in this world and, speaking in terms of ideals, it is preferential to negativity. But we are creatures of duality and, let's face it, if life was all sunshine, puppies, and laughing children we would quickly lose our ability to appreciate these things.


I totally agree, when I was diagnosed with cancer, people were always telling me to be positive, but half the time its just to make themselves feel better. It 's hard to be positive with such a diagnosis and having people constantly telling you to be positive actually has the reverse effect. You start to worry why you are finding it hard to be positive, you realise that people dont really understand what your going through and just hit you with buzz words like " be positive" to make the uncomfortable situation less so.

Still it is good to be positive but not to have it forced upon you by others



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Hefficide
Life is what we make of it!


No it is not, i have had 18 years of uk gov and police trying to ruin my life for no reason. Life is not what you make of it, it is what you can do while others not destroying it for you.

My life is totally destroyed by these loons, and you telling me these clowns in police and gov are not ruining others lifes.

The biggest lie in this world, i.e life is what you make of it. No it is not.

People in gov and police are desperate to murder and destroy people for no reason.


Your experience in life must greatly differ from mine. I've lived 44 years and while I have had a few negative experiences with the police, I've never felt singled out or persecuted.

In fact I cannot think of a single event in my entire life which would qualify as such.

I've made mistakes and, when I did, I owned up to them and paid whatever price I had to in order to resolve the problem.

So I feel badly for you and whatever you feel has been done to you, but I cannot and will not change my belief system.

Life is what you make of it.

[edit on 8/29/10 by Hefficide]



posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr
 


I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and I wish you well.

I was not trying to force this on anyone - I did not drag people in to reply to me.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join