It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive stuff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Na, i have never committed a crime, but found out that they where destroying my life for no reason. I cannot live one moment of life in privacy at all.

My life has shown what is going on in london to the extremes. Minority report rubbish techs and useless people perving into homes trying to second guess what people will do, so they can wreck your life.

I never did anything wrong in life, but found out that it just takes some loon to make up anything and police will target you forever.

there is no such thing as making your own life, maybe it existed before all these scum, but i doubt it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hi again to Andy,

I would be interested to know what has been happening to you to ruin your life - you have only said that your life is being ruined by the authorities - how?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by operation mindcrime

IMO love without hate is more love, a better understanding of love, if there was no hate then love would be overwhelming, something that I think we need more of.

Peace, NRE.

Since everything is relative to start of with anyway (what you love may be the source of hated for an other etc..) I agree with you only because it has my preference as well in that Utopia part of my brain.

But reality (which is also relative
) demands that if we want to recognize a concept like "love", we need a concept like "hate" in order to do so....

Peace

[edit on 29-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I did read a book some years ago by Eckhart Tolle (personally I didn't agree with his conclusions!!!) but he mentioned something about love being outside the realm of duality and he gave an explanation for it that resonated with me for a while.

But for the life of me, I cannot remember which book it was or the explanation he gave.

Anybody??

Peace

Edit: the name of the book was, The power of Now: a guide to spiritual enlightenment. (found it on the bookshelf)

[edit on 29-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Surely love and hate are a duality?

Oh well, I am giving up on Andy's reply and going. Thanks for your support and brilliant responses.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Found it!!

Pg.36 -

Love, peace and happiness are three states of being, or rather three aspects of the condition of being connected with One. They have as such no counterpart. This is because they derive from something that transcends reason. Emotions on the other hand derive from a dualistic mind and are subject to contradictions.

(poorly translated from my dutch copy...
)

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A lot of people just love to dwell in negativity.
They are addicted to it- and they need to spread the misery everywhere.
Ugh.

I try to keep away from those negative clouds
I'm surrounded always with positive/optimist people that enjoy life- even sometimes despite "bad things"/obstacles, etc that may or may not happen in their lives.

It's not easy to shift the mind from negative to positive- but some people should REALLY give it a try. And understand that the energy they are projecting is what they will end up attracting. There's really no mystery and no clishe. You attract what you are. You are what you think.

And I'm not talking about rainbows and teddy bears or the missused "love and light" thing (which is annoying at this point-
)- I'm talking about seeing the positive side of things, of life- Being greateful for what you have-; not giving in to pollution of the mind - ETC.

[edit on 29/8/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Andy I think we need to see a thread of your personal experience because you have intrigued me and it won't go away!

There is nothing worse than someone who doesn't know you from Adam telling you to cheer up. Particularly when you have a genuine reason to be pissed off!!!

I think it is important to experience all emotions as they happen naturally, not deny the negative ones. When you have something to be happy about be happy! When you feel down, do so!

Having said that an overall positive attitude can only be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by serbsta
"Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will."
-Zig Ziglar

It really is as simple as that.

I disagree with this.

A frown is better than a smile for me.

"A smile is just a frown turned upside down"... you need to stand on your head.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Andy I think we need to see a thread of your personal experience because you have intrigued me and it won't go away!

I have written plenty on these boards about what happened.

Personally for me till the day i die, i will not be bothered with the rubbish positive thinking garbage.

My life was ruined by me trying to be assertive in being positive, and never again. This brought minority report type loons from uk into my life forever.

I treat all types of situations today the same, in a negative way and will till i die.

The people running society deliberately try and destroy lifes for no reason other than they are just pure scum, and want to ruin people. I am just glad i will never bring someone into this world, with these scum in it.

Pure evil does not quantify what this scum is, i.e police and gov wrecking lifes for no reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Surely love and hate are a duality?

Odd we only tend to hate that which threatens what we love.

I'm of the opinion that the aforementioned are simply polarized variations of the same emotion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I have written plenty on these boards about what happened.

Personally for me till the day i die, i will not be bothered with the rubbish positive thinking garbage.

My life was ruined by me trying to be assertive in being positive, and never again. This brought minority report type loons from uk into my life forever.

I treat all types of situations today the same, in a negative way and will till i die.

The people running society deliberately try and destroy lifes for no reason other than they are just pure scum, and want to ruin people. I am just glad i will never bring someone into this world, with these scum in it.

Pure evil does not quantify what this scum is, i.e police and gov wrecking lifes for no reason.

You catch more people with a good joke that with vinegar. If you can't be positive, try to be understanding of the human condition and pleasant, at least.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Dont want to stray off topic here, but the police DO single people out and make other's lives miserable for many reasons! I live in central TX in the 4th safest city in the US.

And it is BAD

A few years ago (the police have pretty much backed off me now because I had moved, but now I am back and don't have a car so they can't really hassle me too much now) I remember getting pulled over TEN TIMES in 1 MONTH.

I never once got a ticket.

However, every time I got pulled over, I would get extensively searched. I have never been to jail, and I would get at least 2 or 3 cop cars with dogs and the whole kit n kaboodle would come a searchin. Over and Over and Over. It was so embarrassing to know ongoing passersby would be looking at me. It was humiliating to be put in handcuffs just for "their safety."

Again, I have never been arrested, i am NOT a violent person, I am a 20 YEAR OLD GIRL.

I think mostly what the case was here, is that the cops here in this town are total perverts and I even recall getting searched by a man one time (it sucks).

I think what it might have been was at the time I had an all seeing eye with a pyramid bumper sticker on my car for all to see. I also had an anti Obama sticker (this was during the election) and I can't remember what it said but I remember it was the most hilarious one I had ever seen hahaha.

I was stubborn for a while, but eventually I took the stickers off my car like a good sheep and the getting pulled over stopped. Go figure

top topics

<< 1   >>

join