It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARL is coming ..... stay alert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Now far at sea, Hurricane Danielle had been a major Category 4 storm but weakened to Category 1 and was about 575 miles (930) east of Bermuda in late morning. Its top sustained winds fell to 85 mph (140 kph), as it moved northeast past the British island territory of Bermuda and farther from North America's East Coast.

Read more: New hurricane Earl joins Danielle - US - World - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
FLIGHTS CANCELLED..... AND FEAR FOR GULF OIL

MIAMI: Tropical Storm Earl bulked up to hurricane strength on a track toward islands in the eastern Caribbean on Sunday, while Hurricane Danielle weakened to a Category 1 storm, the US National Hurricane Center said.

Earl reached hurricane status early Sunday and had winds of 75 mph (120 kph) at late morning, when it was about 225 miles (360 km) east of Antigua and moving westward.

Warnings advising of high winds and other hurricane conditions within 24 hours went up on popular tourist islands, including Antigua, St. Kitts, Nevis, Anguilla and St. Maarten, the hurricane center said. Earl was moving at 17 mph (28 kph).

Forecasts showed Earl strengthening to a major hurricane by Tuesday and turning west-northwest in the next 48 hours before accelerating northward off the US East Coast later in the week, far from the oil-producing Gulf Coast region.

Government officials also issued hurricane watches cautioning of possible hurricane weather within 36 hours for the United States and British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, including the islands of Culebra and Vieques.

Caribbean airline LIAT cancelled 41 flights to several destinations in the eastern Caribbean and shut down its reservation service because of Earl's approach, according to a company statement.

Now far at sea, Hurricane Danielle had been a major Category 4 storm but weakened to Category 1 and was about 575 miles (930) east of Bermuda in late morning. Its top sustained winds fell to 85 mph (140 kph), as it moved northeast past the British island territory of Bermuda and farther from North America's East Coast.

Danielle was expected to weaken gradually in the next two days and lose its tropical characteristics.

The hurricane center said it expected large waves and dangerous surf conditions to diminish near Bermuda on Sunday and subside slowly along the US East Coast within the next two days.

"It looks like we dodged a bullet," Bermuda bank employee Stuart Roberts, 31, said of Danielle.

Forecasters in Miami were also watching a low pressure system of storms midway between Africa and the Lesser Antilles that was likely to come together as a tropical depression at any time. They predicted the unnamed system had an 80 percent likelihood of becoming a tropical storm during the next two days.

Read more: New hurricane Earl joins Danielle - US - World - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Webcam from "The Regent Grand Resort" in the Islands...

www.theregentgrandresort.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thats beautiful........... but danger lies in beauty.....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
hey thanks bro.... from your source of Regent Grand webcam we can see the coming of that hurricane..........

its updating live...... thanks..... cool....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bijen

No problem, might want to check the antigua and barbuda cruise ship cam as well its not live, but updates, and you can just see the edge of the storm out of the right hand corner....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hurricane Earl is still expected to increase in strength and become a major hurricane during the next day or so:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

....A BROAD UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH IS CURRENTLY
SITUATED TO THE NORTHWEST OF EARL. GLOBAL MODELS ARE IN GOOD
AGREEMENT THAT THIS TROUGH WILL SHIFT WESTWARD AND WEAKEN. THIS
SHOULD CREATE A ENVIRONMENT CONDUCIVE FOR INTENSIFICATION AND THE
OFFICIAL FORECAST...LIKE THE PREVIOUS ONE...SHOWS EARL BECOMING A
MAJOR HURRICANE OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I wonder if any weather modification projects are going on in New England, perhaps in attempt to weaken the Hurricane should it get near enough to be a potential threat.

By the looks of the model it will come close enough to brush New England.
If the Hurricane decides to move any more west before jetting north things could get interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The chances of being EARL a strong hurricane is strong...... there are chances of hitting it to new york if it change the track to somehow.

stay alert..... wait for 24hrs and you will get the answer. www.tropicalstormrisk.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The chances of being EARL a strong hurricane is strong...... there are chances of hitting it to new york if it change the track to somehow.

stay alert..... wait for 24hrs and you will get the answer. www.tropicalstormrisk.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Current view of Earl:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94198c12676a.jpg[/atsimg]

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Eye of earl passing just north of the British Virgin Islands. Maximum sustained winds are near 125 mph, 205 km/hr.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
its reaching towards north slightly...... but then also stay alert freinds..... plan your trips as per the future situations..... all flights are cancelled..........

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am on the South East coast of Long Island NY and I'm keeping a close eye on this one.

We haven't been hit with anything substantial since Hurricane Gloria in 1985.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I mentioned this in Hurricane watch 2010 but feel it is mandatory that it is written here as also.

All who plan on visiting the eastern sea board - BE AWARE OF RIP CURRANT and stay out of the waters!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
we really need to stop giving hurricanes these silly names. i just can't muster any fear over something named "earl". not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

My middle name is "Earle" with an e on the end because I am female. Earl doesn't sound tough enough huh, lol?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

Lol, well after Earl, the next one will be the Princess Fiona Hurricane..seriously, Fiona is the next monster storm!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
kind of odd when I saw this show up on the tracker the other day while looking for recent earthquakes, that I had a weird gut feeling from it. Im rhode island so you know I am keeping track of it and this thread as well for when Im out and about. Im all ready looking the garden over of what needs to be moved or taken in etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It seems like a lot of live web cams from Puerto Rico are not working right now, but I did find this very obnoxious cam. I call it obnoxious because it takes forever to load (about 30 seconds after the page is fully loaded), and then after every 30 to 60 seconds, an advertisement comes up, and then you can hit refresh again. If anyone has any other links to cams, it might be interesting to watch the effects of Earl. It is a lot of work to see the beach in Puntas, Puerto Rico on my link here, but it definitely looks very rough out there right now.

www.surfline.com...#

I also just heard on the Weather Channel that the British Virgin Island of Anegada is directly under the eye wall. Wiki says that only about 200 people live in its main town, The Settlement. They must be going through hell right now with 125 mph winds nailing them.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join