It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rabbis approve using a tube when sucking up blood from a penis during circumcision

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by above

you do know that circumcision isn't limited to a particular ethnic group, do you? - see en.wikipedia.org...

that said, i always considered it uncivilised and a sign of superstition, but this ritual with blood sucking just takes the cake. if any non-religious reason were ever given the parents would be (rightfully) charged with child abuse and mutilation.

i find these double standards alarming.

edit:

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
okay i'm glad i was circumcised in a hospital by a doctor not a rabbi. if you aren't circumcised i heard you have a much greater risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases. i

maybe use a condom?

imho it's quite obvious why one would long rationalize an irretrievable loss, but it's still wrong and sensation i've heard is important in sex matters, but some people seem to hate sex, especially old orders of priests.

hint: genital mutilation in both sexes will obviously reduce sensation ( though much worse in the case of females), so people won't *gasp* enjoy sexuality. imagine if they did, they might even contemplate whacking off (both sexes, mind you). oh the horror.

for the superstition of old countless generations have to suffer, oh the humanity.

PS: as for the 'medical procedure' angle, remember: First of all, DO NO HARM...

[edit on 2010.9.1 by Long Lance]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Show me just one single case where parents were charged for child abuse and mutilation by circumcising their sons!

Most of these threats is absolute nonsence and quite frankly it's no one's business but the parents who decide to circumcise their sons.

Strange how most of you failed to address the connection between cervical cancer in women and uncircumcised men. Why? Because most uncircumcised men FAIL to clean their willies properly. Cervical cancer is one of the biggest killers in women today, or had'nt you all noticed?

Another thing I mentioned earlier....how many of you have seen a severly infected penis? Most GPs have and believe you me, it aint a pretty sight. As for silders in WW1 and WW2 having to go through circumcism; yep, you went under the radar for that one too!!!!!

All my sons are circumcised as are all the men in my family and those before them.

Anything to do with being Jewish and many of you go in for the kill, you can't help yourselves but my bet is if any Jews on these boards met you face to face you would'nt have to guts to repeat some of things you type on a message board. Bunch of cowards you all are, how rich sitting behind keyboards with nothing even remotely educated to say on the matter.

For those who are uncircumcised? Do I care? Not in the least. It's none of my business what choices your parents made for you on this matter. I expect you all show the same respect in my decision to circumcise my boys.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
TO THOSE PEOPLE SAYING THAT OTHER RELIGIONS PRACTICE CIRCUMCISION...

OK, I don't think anyone claimed they didn't.

However, do they lean down and suck the blood from the baby's penis with wine in their mouths, then spit it into a bottle and pas it around to those present?

THAT is what people here have a problem with, not circumcision... did you only read the parts you wanted to hear or something?

Coming from someone who can condone sucking blood from a baby's penis simply because it has been done for thousands of years, I guess you'd have to block out any relevant discourse as you'd stop the practice if you didn't.

The Mayans killed for their gods for thousands of years, and drank human blood, does that mean the Mayan decedents are allowed to do this?

Don't try to turn this into a circumcision thread, this is a baby rape thread.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

However, do they lean down and suck the blood from the baby's penis with wine in their mouths, then spit it into a bottle and pas it around to those present?

Never happened at my boy's Bris. It's statements like these that caused a Jewish genocide in the Middle Ages.

Are you people stupid enough to believe this nonsence you posted????

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Are you people stupid enough to believe this nonsence you posted????

^^ ^ Some people just can't handle reality.
Innocent little babies are dying from genital herpes, and other std's
after being circumcised by rabbis, and you defend this
unhygienic practice ? ? ?
Since when should Catholic priests circumcise babies ? ? ? or
since when do they circumcise babies at mosques and get
away with it ? ? ?
Why should this be anymore acceptable to you than female
circumcision ? ? ? (non consensual)
Before calling others stupid in your ineptness, make an effort to
read some medical journals on the subject.
The lack of research is no excuse for your simplistic view,
politics influenced by religious views is no defense either.
If this was done between consenting adults then it should be nobodies
business, but these are babies undergoing body
mutilation without consent/ without a registered physician.
religious freedom ?
> ask yourselves whether catholic priests should be doing this,
or same in the mosques, better think again!
bluemirage, do you still think this concern is nonsense ? really ?
more info

more info :
snippet :
Just as frightening, there have been reports of other Jewish parents who, while less exacting in their religious practices, hired ultra-Orthodox mohels without knowledge that they practiced the potentially risky Metzizah bi peh (mouth suction)

more info.

[edit on 3/9/10 by ToneDeaf]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Actually I HAVE read many medical journals in the for and against circumcism, the for outweighs the against 10 fold. Perhaps you need to do thorough research before you spout your mouth off.

No Rabbi or Mohel's mouth went anywhere near my son's willies.

And no, I don't agree with female circumcism.

Circumcism is here to stay whether you like it or not but know this, no woman in my family would dare go near an uncircumcised willy. I'll leave that to the girls who are ignorant to what's breeding under the foreskin of their sexual partners!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

there are rationalisations for everything if only you look hard (long) enough, your decisions and experiences are your own problem, just answer to yourself whether one could, for example, get away with pulling a baby's toenails at birth, because studies from XY claimed they were a hazard and removal would cut down on toe fractures.

this example isn't any sillier than circumcision, imho, and the one and only reason it's considered OK lies in religious doctrine. apparently anything goes, then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join