It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Revolution' and 'Anarchy'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

My Brother, the issues you bring to the table are valid under our current system. However, these issues are bringing us to a point in time where the system will fail to function. At this juncture in time we will have to make a choice. Either we free ourselves and work together on fixing problems too great for the current system to handle, or we accept total enslavement under a tyrannical world government instituted for our own good.

It's a choice, and we each must search ourselves to find the option we truly want. One will come by force, if the other does not come by peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It's been a few days since I have taken a look at this thread, and I am quite glad that it has grown as much as it has. I am equally happy with the fact that the debate/discussion has remained friendly. With that said, I do have a question for you, IAMIAM:

Is it wrong for me to assume that you are a Marxist theorist/a supporter of Communism? I do not intend to make any negative connotation to the question, I am simply asking it in order to further understand your position. It seems to me that you align yourself with that particular philosophy. If you do not wish to answer the question, I understand.

Anyway, my reason for asking that question has everything to do with the statement that I am about to make:

One of my main issues with Marxism comes from the coordination problems that are bound to arise within the economy. I think we can all agree that the economy is a complex system, its complexity stemming from the fact that we all possess specialized knowledge that is impossible for any one person or group to also have. This is not a static, rather a dynamic that is always in flux.

For this reason, determining what to produce, as well as how much of a certain product to produce, is incredibly difficult. The market economy uses relative prices as a way of signaling scarcity and profit and loss signals... and, more importantly, what people want and don't want. These instruments work well in steering production of what society generally wants, and what the people who value your things most are able to acquire, even if we do not take desires into account.

With Communism, I have never been convinced that the coordination and specialized individual knowledge problem can be solved.

To quote one of my economic heroes, FA Hayek: "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

My Brother,

I do not prescribe to marxism, communism, or any "Ism" for that matter. I believe I am the Son of God, King of Kings. I Live by his Law and his Law alone. I walk among my fellow Kings and Queens believing that they hold the right to self govern as I do.

Thank you for enquiring a bit about me. I appreciate your interest.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Let this be your Ism, and all other Ism's will fade away

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I agree with you! We don't need any of these mass political or social organizations, if people worked together, and I believe most people are good and thus it could work, we could make this civilization so much better than it is and not be dragged down by money and special interests.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

My Brother,

All are good. Judge them not lest you be judged. All of man comes into this world naked and bare. All come into this world good. What becomes of us from birth is attributable to what we receive. If it is pain and misery, we lash out, for none wants pain and misery. If it is love, we return it. Judge NOT, just love, and the gates of heaven will open to you.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by IAMIAM

For this reason, determining what to produce, as well as how much of a certain product to produce, is incredibly difficult. The market economy uses relative prices as a way of signaling scarcity and profit and loss signals... and, more importantly, what people want and don't want. These instruments work well in steering production of what society generally wants, and what the people who value your things most are able to acquire, even if we do not take desires into account.

I apologise for not commenting on this when you posted it.

If you want to know what to produce, go to the store and see what is leaving the shelves. Start with food, our Brothers all over the world in are in desperate need.

Next, building materials and houses. Can we claim to love all while we allow our Brothers to be victims of the elements?

Schools - Can we not see how starving the mind is in our Brothers around the globe?

Hospitals - Would we allow our own Mother suffer if we had the power to prevent it? Then why do we allow our Brothers around the world.

If a Brother wants it produce it. If a Brother is suffering, relieve it.

We are not suffering an unemployment problem. We have plenty of work to do.
We are not suffering a climate problem. We have plenty of hands to fix the climate.
We are not suffering a resource problem, we have that in abundance as well.

We are suffering a MONEY problem, and it doesn't even exist!
We are suffering a control problem, and that is self inflicted!

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Anarchy does not need to mean chaos. If the citizens are able to govern themselves and work together, then it could be peaceful.

Of course, eventually they'd create a government. Anarchy is temporary condition.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Anarchy does not need to mean chaos. If the citizens are able to govern themselves and work together, then it could be peaceful.

Of course, eventually they'd create a government. Anarchy is temporary condition.

Governments are only needed when man seeks to subdue another man. Governments are but referees. Man must return to the natural Law, love each other, then Governments will no longer be needed. This is not Anarchy, but natural order.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have felt for a long time that many of the situations that you describe could be addressed by the human race in general, without having to have money stand in the way. There is more than enough materials and technology in the world that could conceivably be used to remedy the housing problems, food shortage problems, and many others, as well...

I have always had a strong conviction in my heart that if and when *everyone* stands up and decides to put forth the effort forth to make sure that the essential things that you mentioned are treated and lived as natural rights, instead of the money being a requirement for basic survival, like a place to sleep, food, and employment...

I feel, personally, that tradesmanship in the form of independent contractors willing to barter and do work-trade type transactions will eventually become more common as a way of "sustaining an economy".

People need to not be so specialized in narrow skill sets, either, in my opinion. I remember Alvin Toffler mentioning that too much specialization could destabilize economies. I may be paraphrasing a bit, but I remember him mentioning something along those lines in his book "Future Shock".

I feel that much more sustainability would exist in a situation where most, if not all, people knew a wide range of practical skills and trades, like carpentry, cooking, making textiles, and farming, just to name some absolute essentials for survival.

I apologize if this seems like a rude thing to say, but it seems as if you are just brushing aside or even dismissing my ideas by making statements like: " the issues you bring to the table are valid under our current system" and "these issues are bringing us to a point in time where the system will fail to function".

I agree with your points to an extent, but I am suggesting a more proactive solution, rather than just summing up the situation in lamens terms, like you seem to be doing.

I really feel that more communication between people on a local, and neighborhood level will be integral to any successful long term solution.

[edit on 4/9/10 by sigil23]

[edit on 4/9/10 by sigil23]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Money?
I was told, I need.
air
water
food
shelter.
my father gave me all these.