It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I losing my Religion?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I hope things work out for you and yours. I too am an agnostic but even if you do believe there is a God you don't have to believe in any particular religion. Remember that all religions are man made entities unto themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Edward-Alexander

Why are people from GLP so... bizarre?

You do know if all those people wanted to stop you you would either "disappear" or be dead right now?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Unfortunately you are in a religion but have no relationship with God. if you did, you could face anything and not have it shake your faith. What has this mortal body got to do with your spirit other than a temporary container?

If you read the Bible your faith is based on you would know. You do read it I assume?

If you are losing your religion that is good because Jesus hates religion. Religion doens't have much to do with faith in it's purist form and your post shows this clearly.

Look, I'm not trying to be harsh but wake up a little, read the word and realize that your suffering is laughable compared to many who have sufferred for Christ. Have you ever suffered for proclaiming Christ? No! Some waited 40 years ebfore having prayers answered. Are you asking for things for yourself or for others? Are they things that have already been answered. The Bible teaches to declare what you have, The mouth releases God

You ask God for things when his word teaches you already have it. Christ died to conquer all. When the disciples were with him he called them, at best - friends. Once he rose again and a firstborn son, Christ called us brothers. That means (along with heaps more you can read for yourself) that you are a son of God in the spirit, your just not the firstborn that has all the rights of a firstborn but a 'son' of God none the less (your reddemed spoirit of course, not your sinful body) and that spirit will live forever and you will recieve a new perfect body, one like Christ had when he rose again and could eat fish but go through walls. We aren't there yet, but we are of the saem spirit meantime and have to live this life out with the body we have and all it's difficulties. Therefore, we are sons, we do not live in this world for this world, or let any of it affect us for we are not of this world.

What's pain, what is loss, what is death compaerd to what we have? Nothing. I fear nothing because I know who I am. You need to do the same.

I suggest, you read your Bible and learn what it says about the real you or go to a church where they teach the word and how to live it out and begin to live the life you were put on earth here for. You weren't put here for yourself, so you need to find your purpose. Die empty of purpose, not die full of unfulfilled purpose, God doesn't want you back full, he wants you back empty.

Do this seriously as many are called but few are chosen. If you don't know who your are in God - maybe your not in him at all, in which case, the way you feel means you have a problem and it has nothing to do with your church.... what it means is you have never really met Christ and if you don't, the life after this one will hold 10,000x more of what you feel now as there will be no chance of redemption.

Your call.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eezveeneetee

Why do churches teach about Jesus of Nazareth as if he exists now?. Jesus of Nazareth was a man who lived 2000 years ago and died. I don't know that Jesus. The one I know is risen, has a true spiritual body like Adam pre fall, and who sits at the right hand of God waiting for his time.

For Christians, the Jesus we are supposssed to know is the Christ, the 'firstborn' son of God, the one who calls us 'brothers' which means we are also sons of God, just not the firstborn son, but with all the rights of sons.

That opens up a whole new dimension of understanding. Being poor or rich or balck or white or man or woman has nothing to do with it.

And just to throw a spanner so to speak, we talk of daughters of God. No, there are only sons ( I'm talking our spirit being here as there is no gender in heaven where we came from) That blows the mind of a few things aye! Sisters in body but sons in God as the same person!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
I've been a lifelong member of the Roman Catholic church. I always believed in God and have prayed daily just like I was taught in my youth. Lately, the economy has tanked, my mother's health has taken a turn for the worse and things just generally stink - very badly.

I watch the nightly news and see nothing but bad news and disasters befalling humanity around the globe. I really can't believe it but for the first time I'm starting to question how this can be. How can my loving God allow these things to happen?

I have almost stopped praying for anything. I no longer believe that anyone is listening. I have always been taught that God answers ALL prayers, even if we might not like the answer but I must say that why MUST the answer ALWAYS be NO?? I don't constantly ask for things, just a little help with life.

I guess I'm about at my breaking point and floundering for help. Can anyone provide any advice here? Many thanks to you all.

I FEEL am an atheist, which is is my fundamental flaw, since I try to be open-minded regarding anything, and I can't deny anything without total proof, which there isn't. Those who say God exists/ doesn't exist merely share an opinion, since they can't prove they're right and the other is wrong.
As for you "sigh", well, I guess it pretty much says it all: how can a living and good god allow for everyday's messes to happen? What sort of goodness is there in that? On the other hand: some say he moves in misterious ways, and that there is a greater purpose behind every action he does.
Ask me, and I guess the best answer you've got is to trust your heart. My religion is to practice good, so I hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry OP - not trying to hijack your thread here:

- Why do so many of you assume two things so freely?

1. All Christians are blindly following an illogical belief
  2. Christians are all like the phonies you see on TV?

You see a preacher man on TV who just wants your money and then gets caught with his hand down some kid's pants... then you project that onto all Christians and use that as your excuse for why God's not real.

Very "open minded" of you...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Erm... I didn't speak of TV preachers nor ilogical following, you did. I said you couldn't prove it exists or not WITH BLATANT EVIDENCES, which of course dismiss personal beliefs since they're not proof at all. I am being open minded, yes, because I don't deny it but, at the same time, don't accept it as true, since no TANGIBLE, PALPABLE proof has been presented to me so far. On the other hand, you are promoting blind faith and making real christians look ridiculous when you talk gibberish like that... you know, like the one above that I DIDN'T EVEN TALKED ABOUT. Please be on topic, it helps us all discuss the question/issue that is being discussed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join