It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle Mum Brings Premature Baby Son Back To Life With Two Hours Of Loving Cuddles After Doctors Pr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Miracle Mum Brings Premature Baby Son Back To Life With Two Hours Of Loving Cuddles After Doctors Pronounce Him Dead

She tearfully told her lifeless son - born at 27 weeks weighing 2lb - how much she loved him and cuddled him tightly, not wanting to let him go.

Although little Jamie's twin sister Emily had been delivered successfully, doctors had given Mrs Ogg the news all mothers dread - that after 20 minutes of battling to get her son to breathe, they had declared him dead.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Hawkwind.]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't rub your eyes, you're not dreaming, this is an actual happy story here at the A.T.S breaking news section, which is actually a miracle in itself!!!!!

Really though, read this story and look at those pictures, an amazing situation, totally heartwarming.

I'm thinking the baby probably wasn't at all dead at any point, I'm no medic but I would have thought the baby was in some kind of mini-hibernation type state due to the babies inner temperatue being really low (which is what happens with premature babies, read that ''Kangeroo Care'' snippet on the same page as the story), the babies heart beat must have been so faint it just didn't register on the Dr's instruments. There's been no mention of brain damage so there's no way the baby was dead for all that time.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

that is a heart warming story - but my inner skeptic can't help but ask a question of the doctors incompetence.

After all, all doctors do is fancy guess work in a lab coat.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

THANK YOU!!!

My son was born at 28 weeks. He was 2lbs, 0 oz. He struggled to breath also, and he was put on a ventilator. He is now 2 1/2 years old and he is a little monster! They have volunteer "cuddlers" at the NICU for the babies, because it has been proven to help them grow and eat and get out of there faster.

This is a true Momma, and I hope she she gets all the praise she deserves, even though I am sure the live baby is all the reward she needs!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

t my inner skeptic can't help but ask a question of the doctors incompetence.

That did also go through my mind but then I thought that surely it (death) would have to be confirmed by at least two medical staff in that kind of situation, I wonder if someone here knows?

Edit---Brilliant to hear that, getreadyalready!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing...We have all this medical technology but still the best medicine is your mom!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hey, the AMA is not what you think, they're very misinformed. it's from their schooling which was pirated back in 1907

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nice to hear about truly good news for a change.
This story really makes me wonder just how many other babies have also been pronounced dead, yet never got the chance to be cuddled.

I sure hope this doesn't offend the pro abortion crowd.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is the best story ever made my day! Star and Flag!

I'm watching it on the news as I type freaky

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
When I read the part that she put a little breast milk on her finger and he reacted, told me that breast milk is important to humans. My Gran was a nursing Sister for over 30 years. She helped deliver my older brother, and encouraged my Mom to breast feed for at least 6 months. (She did for a lot longer - about 8 / 9 months - Me too)

What a wonderful story....

It's great to see this on ATS. Last night we had a "deer" thread, today this! Uplifting stories are a great break from the doom and gloom.

Thanks OP

(Edit to add: I'm 33 years old, and I don't have a filling or any problems with my teeth. I attribute this to good old mother nature breast milk - Thanks Mom
)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Heartwarming story?

Sounds like the start of the long awaited and dreaded Zombie Plague to me.

Get ready world, it's coming, it's coming!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wonderful story, thank you OP for bringing it to us, not everything on ATS is gloom and doom.

S&F for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
ut my inner skeptic can't help but ask a question of the doctors incompetence.

Maybe its even worse than that. Maybe the doctor was hoping to get the "dead" baby away from Mum before she figured it out, and then 'revive' him and do something with him. (Sell him? Keep him? Who knows) That part about "its just reflexes" when the baby was gasping for air is a little weird. Especially since the baby did it repeatedly.

Anyway, just thought I would interject a little conspiracy into the thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a wonderful story, it’s nice to hear some good news however I don’t think this is a “miracle”, there are a number of explanations.

The fist one is the most obvious, that this is a hoax and the mother is lying to get some air time. That might sound rather cynical of me but it’s a possibility. Then we also have to consider the possibility that the Doctor had made a error and the infant was not dead. When we take into account that there is no indication from the article of brain damage then this seems likely. After 2 hours of the brain being starved from oxygen it doesn’t take a doctor to work out that there is going to be some really severe brain damage.

There is another possibility; this child could be an example of the Lazarus Syndrome were after failed CPR there is a spontaneous return of circulation. This usually happens within 15 minutes in most cases however longer have been recorded. It could be possible that this happened as the mother was cradling the infant and didn’t realise until the child was awake.

Saying that however, it is nice to believe in a miracle every now and then, so I think it’s only fair to include the possibility that this is a true miracle.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What a wonderful story! I shudder to think of the number of babies who were taken from their mothers, presumed dead but still had some life left in them. You cannot blame the doctors for this because they are doing the best they can. There are some things that doctors just do not understand or give credit to. One of those things is a mothers love for her child. When it is present there is no purer or better thing on Earth.

I believe that in almost all, if not all instances of "clinical death" there takes some time before the body actually dies. Death is a process that goes on for up to three days past the moment the heart and breathing have stopped. This is not to say everyone can be brought back from apparent death but there is some imperceptible functioning of the brain which goes on to produce NDE's. If the person does recover, they live to tell about it.

Thank you so much for relating this story. I wish they called the method of holding the baby close something other than Kangaroo Care since it calls to mind kangaroo courts which I think we all know is a negative connotation.
This kangaroo method of post natal care should be known about world wide and practiced as often as possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's very possible that the baby WAS dead, at least to all medical knowledge and human perception.

The story doesn't say if there were prayers for the child.

Miracles do happen. Much more frequently than popularly believed.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A little bit of me wants to say, “wow, the power of god.”
more of me wants to say, “Universal Health Care SUCKS.”

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It just go's to show how much we don't know about life, pronounced dead and then alive after that much time is quite amazing
it's almost like they used there will power to bring the child alive(pretty cool)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It always seems to be when things get so bad I think the Human race isn't going to make it the way they are going but then it seems something like this occurs and it smacks you right back to having Faith.

This is another little nudge telling us "LOVE" is the answer.

We all need to find that special love within us and hold on and not let anyone destroy it.

We can all change what is happening by standing together as one showing our love for one another then maybe we can rid the Governments and Elitisst and live happy lives.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Love FTW. If you love something and are truly willing to sacrifice everything and anything you can, miracles can happen. The human mind and heart are more powerful than we like to believe. If everyone gave half this amount of love to the people in their lives, this planet we live on would be such a better place.

Do everyone a favour and tell everyone important in your life that you love them today, it WILL make a difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join