It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE TROLL LIST

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Trolls don't exist silly.

(contradicting statement)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I think some simply donate whatever spare time they have to the art. It's free-trolling-- "free (libre)" not "free (gratis)", thought the latter often accompanies the former. One is free to re-troll in original or modified form so long as the freedom of the original trolling is maintained.

Valuable hints through unconventional and original interpretations of information is one of the services provided. These trolls may be confused for another type, but that is the reader's fault, not the troll's.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

So far, members seem to assume that the professional trolls are all government agents. My main point is - they're not.

I don't think that at all,

My apologies. Should have said, "many members." ...Plan ti fire my editor tomorroow. After I replace the proofreader.

But no other comment on that bit? ...I am MOST intrigued by our changing cultcha and all the new professions emerging therein...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You forget a place for "religious zealot" on your list.

Their favorite topics to troll;

Anything that refutes the bible/torah/koran and/or biblical prophecy
Any branch of science that defies creationism
Any political movement that empowers women / free choice
Any attempt to separate religion and government

and so on.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Writers are provocateurs, not trolls...

You see?

Excellent!

Which is very useful way of looking at it. Just program everyone and then get them to troll one another. Once that commences, move on to the next victims.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

In that case, you must include "anti-religious zealot".

Their favorite topics to troll;
Anything that discusses the bible/torah/koran and/or biblical prophecy.

I'm doing a series of threads on Revelation, and I usually get at least one of those on the first page.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

...Here's the story: One of my daughter's subjects was "Deconstructing the Media," starting in Grade 4 (!!!) in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

We moved to Canada for her Grade 6+ - and NO "Deconstructing the Media" anywhere / anytime on her Canadian curricula.

imho - Such discrimination can and SHOULD be taught. It's a critical subject for kids (and all of us) - but the landscape has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, so even the old 'teacher's notes' and commentaries are inadequate.

...I'd like to see the subject updated to accommodate Net Dynamics, not just static text, media products or specific subjects, ie.:

How to read a newspaper: Deconstructing the media machine

Deconstructing The Media's Portrayal Of Haitian Crisis

Deconstructing the media manipulation that infects America's core

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

In that case, you must include "anti-religious zealot".

Both belong under "Idiot Trolls," just like "Conservative Republican" and "Unthinking Democrat."

For more info, see my post immediately above.

Thanks, sofi

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

We moved to Canada for her Grade 6+ - and NO "Deconstructing the Media" anywhere / anytime on her Canadian curricula.

But, could Canada have covered it in second or third grade? I'm just wondering if that possibility was ruled-out already.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by soficrow

But, could Canada have covered it in second or third grade? I'm just wondering if that possibility was ruled-out already.

I doubt it. Besides, 'media deconstruction' is very complicated and the material evolves as kids learn more and become more exposed / sophisticated. ...The subject should be presented every year in higher levels like other "core" subjects.

...In terms of government, Canada has an extremely colonial-corporate orientation compared to the USA, and like the British, Canadians often prefer to simply avoid uncomfortable truths. In education as well as life it would seem.

[Boy, will I get nailed for that one.
But it had to be said.]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey… Trolls are people too….

The majority of usernames on all forums and blogs are backed by psyop warfare entities… “trolls.”

All online forums and blogs are either set up by corporate/state intelligence or dominated by the same. The corporate state #1 agenda is to have a monopoly on everything, which includes online blogs while at the same time sustaining the illusion of a grassroots environment.

So just learn to live with this fact and enjoy yourselves. Trolls are people too… many have families and kids… many don’t like what’s going on anymore than anyone else. They should be treated with kindness because they operate from the inside where they can inflict the most damage should they get fed up and decide to turn against the machine.

I believe this is one of the reasons why we still haven’t attacked Iran… not everyone in corporate/state intelligence are a bunch of evil diabolical scumbags.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[Ill-Mannered & Off-Topic commentary removed]

[edit on 27-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought all the Trolls were killed by the Orks and Goblins except for Gimli?

I think you are just trolling for trolls!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
need more

fundamentalist (Usually bible-thumping Christian residing in the USA)

corporate shills (i.e. British Petrol Apologists - not to be confused with government shills)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Id be trolling..... you hatein.... mods patrolling trying to catch me typin dirty, trying to catch me typin dirty.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Everybody is a troll, some more then others. I don't think it is wise to assume that a troll, always is a troll. Sometimes they are just like you and me.

Last week I posted a thread about the San Andreas big one is overdue.
The first reply totally derailed the thread. The religious troll that was trolling usually isn't a troll. Well... not that I'm aware off anyway.

I created a thread where a member claimed I was wrong about something.
I disagreed and did so with a number of reasons, included in the post. No reply, after a u2u no reply yet...

Either he was a troll or has been very busy.

Unintentional I wonder off topic a lot. So I am a troll to, occasionally.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

...I think you are just trolling for trolls!

Apparently.

...It's a sensationalist title, true, but I really didn't think it would work to call it "Deconstructing InterNet Dynamics as Manipulative Appropriation of the Media, with a Special Focus on InterNet Marketing Methodology and InterNet Marketing Professions via Fictional Personalities Created on Discussion Boards."

igor_ats
(please add)

corporate shills (i.e. British Petrol Apologists - not to be confused with government shills)

That's the whole point here. See above. Or maybe, read the OP if not the whole thread. (I talk about the 'goal' throughout, and expand on the points in different threads.)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
in this thread: paranoid/delusional people claim that anyone who has a different opinion than themselves is a disinfo agent/troll/etc.

In other news, it's still sad that people can't cope with the fact that not everyone shares their particular views.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Conqueror of Seth]

Do you think there is one thing in the universe all people could or would agree upon?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"Deconstructing InterNet Dynamics as Manipulative Appropriation of the Media, with a Special Focus on InterNet Marketing Methodology and InterNet Marketing Professions via Fictional Personalities Created on Discussion Boards."

Why didn't you just say that in the first place, that I understood,

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
in this thread: paranoid/delusional people claim that anyone who has a different opinion than themselves is a disinfo agent/troll/etc.

In other news, it's still sad that people can't cope with the fact that not everyone shares their particular views.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Conqueror of Seth]

Do you think there is one thing in the universe all people could or would agree upon?

We can all safely agree that we cannot agree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join