It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sonoluminescence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the folowing video is a star in a jar and is thought to be as hot on its suface as the sun and is created by sound and a desturbance or bubble in a liquid

enjoy
www.youtube.com...

as far as i can tell two sound frequencies are directed at the centre of a spherical flask with liquid and an impurity or bubble is created that expands and callapses so fast a small star like emition is created

anyone like the idea of creating a star in a jar

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow, wait, I can hardly grasp what that video was saying...they think the center of this "star in a jar" might actually be hot enough to cause nuclear fusion...truly amazing stuff, this must surely have some sort of potential for low cost sustainable power generation...the key was in sound/frequencies/vibration all along.

[edit on 27/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Likewise, I thought this pretty amazing stuff CHAOS.

It will be interesting to see how this develops and we must hope that the technology is not suppressed by petro-political interests, as has been the case with other promising ideas / inventions.

Nice post XPLodER

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I watched this video and the only thing I could think of was Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

It's interesting to note that God was moving over the waters when he said that.

It's also interesting that many, many myth cycles have God speaking his name and creating the world.
In one Biblical translation you have "in the beginning there was the word, and the word was with the Lord"

There's this from the Hindu myths:
Vishnu, as soul of the entire cosmos, produces countless universes from his breathing and the pores of his skin. He enters each universe, as the universal soul. From his navel springs a lotus flower, upon which is born Brahma. Brahma performs austerity and creates the world from sound
hinduism.iskcon.com...

I believe there are also Egyptian and Greek creation myths which involve God speaking to create the universe.

If you want to expand on this, check out cymatics.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Very cool! I wonder if we could make vehicles that somehow ran off of these sound waves. Cars that run off water, or flying crafts of 'the future'! I sure hope people wake up and stop using depletive technology.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wow the power of frequencies. This is the type of stuff that keeps me on ATS. Nice find OP s&f... I enjoyed checking that out.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A sound wave detection device.
And perhaps sound waves in the ether as well.
A lot of sound wave material is showing up these days.
Most likely to circumvent what Tesla said all along
and divert attention from Tesla's science even more.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Single bubble sonoluminescence (SL) is the spontaneous emission of picosecond pulses of broadband light from a micron-size gas bubble levitated in water by the application of an external sound field.The bubble expands and contracts in phase with the oscillating pressure field.

link

www.sonoluminescence.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
here is a how to web site that has plans so members can see what is required to make your own star in a jar

Sonoluminescence is a little-understood phenomenon whereby light is emitted by tiny bubbles suspended in a liquid subjected to intense acoustic fields. The aim of this work was to construct apparatus to enable the observation of single-bubble sonoluminescence, to investigate its basic properties, and leave a kit and instructions to form the basis of a future final-year undergraduate experiment.

link
www.techmind.org...

detailed instructions on how to build how they think it works and scematics for the hardware

own your own star

thanks for the flags guys i was hoping members would be as amazed as i am

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

acually this resurch follows in the foot steps of teslas ideas
the difference is instead of using high frequency radio waves colliding with hi energy pulsed electromagntic feilds this uses two distinct frequencies

sound and water has always been a pet favourite if mine
water reacts at a molecular level to everyday sounds
put water under a microscope and bombard it with different sound and watch the water react to the sound

you would swear the water was alive

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Aside from the video being awesome....

I gave you a star and flag for the single coolest word ever written on ATS... "sonoluminescence"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

i find it interesting that with great scientific findings there can be corrilations with religion when i read your like i was thinking the creator you were desribing may be using sacred geomety and science to bring the world into existance

thanks for the link

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

thank you for the star and flag i wasnt sure if i used the acual name
would get people to veiw but decided the word itself is intreaging

the image of the bubble lighting up excited me sooo much i had to share

enjoy

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh wow... Thanks OP.

It appears that cymatics is at work creating a low density 'bubble' which allows orgone/zero point to manifest... or something like that

Was it water? Perhaps a special property/frequency of the sound waves used is resonating with the wave function of the atoms in the liquid, giving rise to light in a phenomenon sort of like black body radiation?...

I am not sure yet what it means... but it does seem like it requires a new physics paradigm to explain..

Not sure yet... will have to research the phenomenon more.

edit to add: BBC article

But then it came down to the crucial question: did Putterman find fusion? The result was negative. Recording data nanosecond by nanosecond, Putterman did not find a single neutron close enough to a flash of light for it to be considered the result of nuclear fusion.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by beebs]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's not really a "star." The effect likely isn't due to fusion, but to simple ionization.

rmp.aps.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The focusing of the so called ether sound waves Tesla talked about,
seems to be the source of one of his inventions.
Can't say how much power might be revealed.

The bright light in the video would most likely be attributed by Tesla to
the agitation of the gases or materials inside the bubble.
ED: Note that Tesla uses terms that go so far as to find observation
agreement and not into the quantum mechanics as he always
stresses the movement aspect of gases or some material that
causes a light as in his tube experiments with high voltage.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebsI am not sure yet what it means... but it does seem like it requires a new physics paradigm to explain..
Not at all. You focus enough kinetic energy at a small enough point and you can "knock" electrons out of their atoms. As the energy and temperature go down, the electrons recombine with their atoms. This causes the emission of photons. Pretty much the same principle behind neon lights.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

i think the current threoys revolve around the expansion and contraction of the gas trapped which causes the atoms to vibrate at increadable speed and give off energy

when noble gases are incorperated the light glows more brightly as the noble gases are more resilient

imagine a large scale experiment with some form of presurized vessel to comprese the gases contained in the bubble before starting the effect

the increased pressure would force more energy to be rquired to start the process but once initiated would give more resistence to the expansion phase and increase energy on the collaspe phase

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

some estimates have stated 1 million degress k are achieved
yes your right about neon tubes having a similar effect but there is something about the edge of the bubble and the centre collapse that is not currently understood

this still has yet to be explained by science

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Not at all. You focus enough kinetic energy at a small enough point and you can "knock" electrons out of their atoms. As the energy and temperature go down, the electrons recombine with their atoms. This causes the emission of photons. Pretty much the same principle behind neon lights.

Fair enough... but all talk of 'electrons and atoms' is classical, not quantum.

In QM, they are probability wave functions - not 'particles'.

So, energy in a waveform is being 'knocked', not particles.

IMO, a very distinct difference that illustrates, in reality, our lack of knowledge of the actual phenomena taking place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join