Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

sonoluminescence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good post OP and interesting info. I was curious what the effect might be in other liquids, like say heavy water, or in thick gasses. [dont have an example] And also what of molten materials like metals, salts etc. Sodium [metal] comes to mind for some reason. I'm sure some of these would be dangerous to say the least. Any idea anyone?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
very interesting is all I have to say

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Aug 29 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Star and Flag for a most provocative and thought-inspiring post!

Video was reminiscent of that movie Chain Reaction.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cavitation

Other ways of generating cavitation voids involve the local deposition of energy, such as an intense focused laser pulse (optic cavitation) or with an electrical discharge through a spark. Vapor gases evaporate into the cavity from the surrounding medium; thus, the cavity is not a perfect vacuum, but has a relatively low gas pressure. Such a low-pressure cavitation bubble in a liquid begins to collapse due to the higher pressure of the surrounding medium. As the bubble collapses, the pressure and temperature of the vapor within increases. The bubble eventually collapses to a minute fraction of its original size, at which point the gas within dissipates into the surrounding liquid via a rather violent mechanism, which releases a significant amount of energy in the form of an acoustic shock wave and as visible light. At the point of total collapse, the temperature of the vapor within the bubble may be several thousand kelvin, and the pressure several hundred atmospheres.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd
Amazing!

It doesn't seem too difficult to reproduce and maybe even harness either. It looks like if you had an extra $10k and enough research, you could do this yourself.

If this guy or someone else creates a public domain process to predictably reproduce this, instead of squandering it, we could see fairly significant advances in this technology within years and between several different organizations.

I think this has the potential to be a technology that turns the tides of power against TPTB, giving the power back to the people.

Stan Meyer's hydrolysis used a particular frequency to help break the water molecules inside each cylinder, creating a star in a jar?

TPTB, it seems, dealt with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
wow, stunning stuff to see. Somehow i have managed to end up spending a large chunk of today looking at videos of crazy videos related to plasmas, fusions and fission, ball lightning energy generators and all sorts of crazy stuff (ie. supposed to have been working but getting sidetracked

However this does look to be stunning, I've never heard of anything like this before. I'd love to see some super slow-mo hd footage of this process. It would look beautiful.

That other video on radio frequency igniting salt water was also pretty damn shocking, especially for such a simple process to set off the reaction. That could have huge implications, yet surprise surprise nothing seems to have been mentioned of it anywhere. What was the date of that video out of interest?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
just found out a slightly less scientific slant on this.

A couple of artists have created what they call 'Camera Lucida: Sonochemical Observatory', a huge glass globe filled with a gas infused liquid. Much on the same way that the OPs video creates sonoluminescence, this creation uses the sound waves to create beautiful flowing lines from the actual sound waves passing through the liquid.

Rather than the single point of super bright light, this version seems to almost visualise the sound waves in a glowing 3D image. Very interesting and beautiful to watch. I can't link the video as it bloody Flash so check out the link bellow. Not as awe-inspiring a site as a possible mini sun being created, but fascinating to see non the less.

www.portablepalace.com... and then click on video

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I remember seeing this before, as a lurker on ATS and was so impressed by it that I wanted to adopt its name

I think it's a clue about how stars stay so stable for so long with seemingly limitless resources to keep the star going.

Maybe something to do with the theory of an electric universe.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Nice!
Hmmm so what do you think would happen if we used something not so heavy as water? Alcohol perhaps?
Big boom or big BANG?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I watched this video and the only thing I could think of was Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

It's interesting to note that God was moving over the waters when he said that.

god didnt create light or the sun. theres no such thing as god.

science has clearly proven withh solid indisputable fact how a star is made.

as for the video...they should test it on a much bigger bubble

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is definitely a fascinating phenomenon, but it's not a brand new area of physics and not one that TPTB could really shut down even if they wanted to.

Fifteen years ago, when I was an engineering undergrad, a team of freshman built a sonoluminescence chamber for their end-of-the-year engineering project. They didn't have any outside funding aside from the resources provided by the university, which were pretty meager. It's really not capital intensive and they managed to make it work with hand-me-down equipment that was probably over ten years old at the time. You can actually buy kits online, fully loaded, for under $10k. One can probably be put together piecemeal for half that.

Also, I'm seeing some claims on here that the temps reach 1M kelvin. The highest reported values I've been able to find are around 20k kelvin. Anyone have a ref for an experiment where it's actually been measures at 1M kelvin? Or even over 100k?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

science has clearly proven withh solid indisputable fact how a star is made.

Who is 'Science'
And could you direct me to this solid 'Indisputable' fact

... I thought not,
Try being a bit more open minded

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

god didnt create light or the sun. theres no such thing as god.

I think that it would be more accurate to say that there is no such thing as what you subjectively define as 'god'.

To me, God is the Universe. So, IMO, there is very much such a thing as God.

As for a guy with a beard sitting in the clouds... mmmm... no not for me either.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
Good post OP and interesting info. I was curious what the effect might be in other liquids, like say heavy water, or in thick gasses. [dont have an example] And also what of molten materials like metals, salts etc. Sodium [metal] comes to mind for some reason. I'm sure some of these would be dangerous to say the least. Any idea anyone?

Yes, in gasses, thick or not. Just wondering if this is the great amount of energy needed for time warp flight.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

sonoluminescence...

Yannow... it really pi$$es me off when someone attempts to introduce a new word into our vocabulary... and they friggin' misspell it.

According to the video... it's SONAR-luminescence... not SONO-luminescence. And if you look up the word luminescence... it means light w/o heat... which pretty much blows this guy's theory right out of the water in that giant test beaker.

LMAO. I'm starting to feel a little like Hermione Granger when she chastises Ronald Weasley after he mispronounces a word while attempting to perform a spell. Mispronunciation could have disasterous effects, yannow.

Update: according to wiki... sonoluminescence is the correct term. My apologies for jumping down your throat. I wonder if this has the same effect on the brains of whales and porpoises when the Navy assaults them with their SONAR???

[edit on 29/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is old news and just like cold fusion, it was debunked by mainstream scientists. Horizon recruited top scientists to duplicate the experiment and they could find no evidence of neutrons, therefore it isn't nuclear fusion.

So Horizon decided to try to sort out the issue once and for all. And we commissioned an independent team of leading scientists to conduct the experiment. Working from the instructions set out in Taleyarkhan's paper, we assembled the same key scientific conditions to create nuclear fusion from sonoluminescence. To see if we could find fusion, we measured the neutrons and the flashes of light simultaneously with nanosecond accuracy, something that had never been done before.

The experiment was carried out by Seth Putterman, one of the world's leading practitioners of sonoluminescence. His data was analysed by a panel in the UK that included experts in sonoluminescence and neutron detection. They agreed that Putterman had achieved the vital scientific conditions set out in Taleyarkhan's paper and that his experiment was a good attempt at getting the same results.

But then it came down to the crucial question: did Putterman find fusion? The result was negative. Recording data nanosecond by nanosecond, Putterman did not find a single neutron close enough to a flash of light for it to be considered the result of nuclear fusion.

www.bbc.co.uk...

An Experiment to Save The World - In March 2002, the scientific world was rocked by some astonishing news: a distinguished US government scientist claimed he had made nuclear fusion out of sound waves in his laboratory.

Watch the Documentary
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

When it comes to mainstream scientists, what's the obsession with neutrons? Anyone knows that if it gives off heat, then it's an energy source, especially when it's as hot as the sun. How any scientist can walk away from this without understanding what's really going on is truly ignorant. It works, it could be a viable source of cheap energy, so what's the problem?

Thankfully there's hope, thanks to people like Ross Tessien.

A working nuclear-fusion reactor that uses bubbles to produce power at a fraction of today’s energy costs and creates almost no pollution.
www.newsreview.com...

www.nytimes.com...

newenergyandfuel.com...:/newenergyandfuel/com/2007/07/19/fusion-where-its-at-today/

home.fuse.net...

Bubble Fusion Research Under Scrutiny
spectrum.ieee.org...

[edit on 29-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I thought exactly the same as well. I bet the secret to nuclear fusion & anti gravity has something to do with harmonics & Cymatics.

spacecollective.org...

The Sound of Our Sun

solar-center.stanford.edu...

Harmonics and Quantum Mechanics

[edit on 29-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

www.newsreview.com

For some reason... for the past 30+ years I was always under the impression that this was the science that UFOs used to propel themselves. Where did I ever get that idea from???

[edit on 29/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is some incredible things we can do with water. Watch Cold fusion II (www.cspenergy.eu)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thank you to the members who have posted
the reson that i posted the op was to open members to a tech that has been know about for over a decade.
the physics involved are a new avenue for the advancement of understanding and exploring a phenomonon that if developed and understood could change the way we veiw the very nature of the universe.
this video could inspire people to new inventions and technoligy that one day could provide power, space travel, medical tech and ultimatly
the understanding of the fabric of the universe

a underlying feild of energy that permiates space that interacts with matter and a way to harness that energy in all its forms
gravity
radiation
magnitism
and is posibly the spark required for life

my hope is that converging wave science and the strange effects produced can illuminate knowledge and descovery

here are some of my thoughts on how to enhance the experiment
a sealed flask perfectly round
a compresive magnetic feild also perfectly round
a mixture of super heavy elements and noble gasses in the bubble
a more precise sound frequency that measures the reaction and reacts to it
four instead of two sound outputs converging at the bubble

xploder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join