It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well, I think we don't have to live in fear, still 2 years to go... just wait and see what happens

Basicly to my point of view there are to much 2012 stories, I don't believe anything no more... Where does this mass hysterie comes from ?

I think that there is not one piece of hard evidence that can tell us that 2012 is the end...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I should've originally stated that I don't want to see this thread turn into a religion vs. science thread.
My apologies, RomanticRebel.
Maybe I was too shrewd.

Not to correlate the two, but all I was referencing was that the book of Revelations speaks of a similar event.

If this event does take place, it would be catastrophic indeed.
I don't think anyone would survive the loss of luxuries like the Internet.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I really don't understand you sort of skeptics.

When the 2012 talk first started your excuses were that no astronemer, NASA or any scientists say nothing will happen of solar significance on 2012.

And now we have the scientists saying " Hang on a huge solar storm will hit 2012" and your excuse now is that NASA is making it up to fool gullable people!

It just makes me laugh

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
This sites moto is 'Deny Ignorance'

The Bible text was written by man for man of the day it was written and used by oculists to control people.

Talk about an ignorant statement. If you know anything about the human condition, you would realize that your statement is inaccurate. Biblical text was written by several human beings, but it was translated with a limited understanding of the world. Everything those men had seen in the Book of Genesis and Revelation was inspired by God. All the content in between those books, were actual events being recorded by many sources.

Second, humanity established religion out the fear of death. It was their way to control their own destiny. Some religions were created to control the masses, but Christianity was established by a bunch of 'unknowns'. Other words, Christianity and Jewish texts were not originally created by a government system.

It is not some all seeing all knowing text that predicts the future.

You are correct. Even though the book itself is not all seeing, the being it was written about is all seeing and knowing. God does not need to predict the future, for he has already seen our destiny. Hint:: Life is all about God allowing freewill, so we can learn about the consequences of making such choices.

Stamp out Religion and we will have our days in Paradise, not in heaven but here on earth.

Very interesting. Let me ask you this... Where did morality come from?

Without Religion there are good people doing good things and there are bad people doing bad things....

But with Religion you also have good people doing bad things!!!

Very interesting again... How do we know the difference between doing acts of good and evil? Where did primitive man learn such behaviors?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
if a solar storm of the magnitude they are predicting does hit earth, there will be no vehicles newer than the early 80s models left around. no diesel trucks no tractors or harvesters. your cordless house phone if you still have one wont work. your microwave electric or gas oven if a new model wont work. you really are not understanding the point that is being made is we are all doomed. lol sorry i couldn't help that last line.

but seriously if its been made in the last ten- fifteen years chances are it wont function any more. and to it we have no paper records anymore. my doctors office is all electronic along with my pharmacy. grocery sores are all electronic. we rely so heavily on electronics for our daily lives, if there is a EM storm of that magnitude, no banks will be safe no vehicles no stores no doctors or hospitals.

not to fear monger but only the most basic electronic devices will function after a EM storm.

by basic i mean no ic chips or micro controllers no processors of any kind. old tube radios will work still. your hand held calculator will not function if hit by an me wave. cell phones too.
an older gas powered generator might still work.

thankfully i have been a believer in the motto, they don't build em like that anymore.

hopefully this is a good idea of what to steer away from when the time comes.

hope for the best but be prepared for the worst!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

The Bible deserves to be BASHED, if anything does -- look at all the misery/death/war it has created.

Shame on you for trying to protect the Bible.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Does this mean life stops or ends? What do we do?

We pick ourselves up, roll up our sleeves, and start the process over. However, we do it right this time around. We make things more efficient. Life will still move onward.

Originally posted by etcorngods
The Bible deserves to be BASHED, if anything does -- look at all the misery/death/war it has created.

Shame on you for trying to protect the Bible.

First, can someone tell me how the bible enters into this conversation?

Second, biblical text deserves to be examined.

Third, you do not want to know what life was like before Adam and Eve. Humanity lived a very dark existence. It is a subject in which is meant for another thread, so lets us keep on track with the current subject. Please.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
the 'lady in red' was laughing this off on the 7PM project earlier tonight...

wish I could find a video of that segment... there was interesting symbolism for one thing...

-B.M

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Is this the summary of the MYTH you have been taught by your inherited flavor of Religious Baloney?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

He will have difficulty moving his load at all if theres no petrol available because the pumps arent working, let alone moving it via non existant GPRS navigation.
And since this solar crazyness is supposed to knock out all electronic comms as well , I cannot see how anyone would even know where the hell to send a delivery driver, since there'd be no one calling saying " Oh, um, you know what? Im hungry" . Organising ANYTHING will be one part hard and three parts impossible in the scenario because of people and places reliant on engines, transport. This is the best case for why you should always buy local and support local farming, manufacture, and design, and NEVER support globalism . Globalism seperates us from the responsibility of conserving our supplies, and creating and tending more crops, and with every mile between each of us, and the nearest source of food its building weakness into our species.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A solar storm at any magnitude affects electronics much more then anything else, so if this is to happen the state of every country would change do to the fact that communications would be down for an extremely long amount of time... Not to mention automobiles and space garbage. So I think it wouldn't do much to the planet unless it truly reduced the magnetosphere to dust... which isn't likely to happen although many would say it would on here. My two cents, I'm not to worried and would welcome some quiet.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm going to do some source gathering and try and post some links before I roll to NYC for the weekend. If I remember correctly, I have been on the boards long enough to see 2 nasa-predicted extreme electromagnetic storms blow by us. These were predicted to have the power to knock out electrical grids and fry computer chips, never happened.

I'm not discounting the entire story, just that there is no point in debating until we get to a closer date. Scientists and observers are still caught off guard by CME's and the likes, ones they had no idea were coming. To give the scientific community the benefit of the doubt about something this far off and unknown, well I'm just going to say that I wouldn't.

For all those saying that it will be the end of the modern era as we know it, I may have missed something, but what source(s) state that our electromagnetic field would not be able to handle this? If we are relying on scientists for this prediction, it would be nice to have scientific figures explaining the exact interaction with our EMF.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I say bring it on.

I am sick of cell phones, GPS, Facebook, TV and digital everything.

I grew up with wristwatches and alarm clocks that needed to be wound up daily, telephones that were wired into the wall of the house and if you needed directions to get somewhere, you looked at a map.

We lived our lives without it then, and still can now.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Hopefully this solar storm will be powerful enough to remove some of the 20,000 pieces of space junk. Maybe send it into Earth's orbit, so it can burn up in the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It may or may not happen, but ffs, im so bored, i just wish something would happen.

I know there is others out there that feel the same......

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Bull#, Another New Age Freak.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
Well, considering NASA is the center of some major government cover ups and conspiracies, not to mention a limitless funded arm of the corporate American government, it wouldnt surprise me this is just setting precedence for the much needed false flag for the current regime to retain power. Thus doing so by knocking out the entire US infrastructure paralzying the people, causing mass chaos, and seizing all power all in the name of a "solar storm". Fear mongering is what this is.

“The bottom line here is that Americans don’t believe in President Obama’s leadership,” says Rob Shapiro, another former Clinton official and a supporter of Mr Obama. “He has to find some way between now and November of demonstrating that he is a leader who can command confidence and, short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can’t think of how he could do that.”

[edit on 27-8-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

Best post and most likely scenario if NASA are fear-mongering.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Could this be why all caves systems in the US are being taken over by military command?

I know of several in my area which I have always thought would be a great option in this scenario but recently and witht he Bat Die Off, they have been warning people who like to go cave splunking to back off and stay away for their own safety as well as for the safety and continuity of the whole Bat problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by NoJoker13

Hopefully this solar storm will be powerful enough to remove some of the 20,000 pieces of space junk. Maybe send it into Earth's orbit, so it can burn up in the atmosphere.

Dont most satellites contain radioactive equipment???

If this is the case then i wouldnt want to see just 1 fall through the atmosphere

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This title is guilty of being incredibly misleading.

What it should read is "SOLAR FLARE TO HIT EARTH WITH FORCE OF 100 MILLION HYDROGEN BOMBS *if they were detonated 93 million miles away*

*distance to the sun

Now when you get rid of the sensationalist BS, its not that scary after all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join