It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dave Reneke is an Australian astronomy lecturer and also a telescope salesman.

www.davidreneke.com...

Here is a quote from his own web site:

"If you've got the dough, and you want observing power PLUS

THE NEW 'SUPERSCOPE' IS HERE
Incredible Guan Sheng GSO 16" (400mm) Dobsonian telescope!
Unrivalled and unbelieveable value – indeed!

REDUCED – New low price
Was $2549.00
NOW $2349.00 AUD

(Please contact me for delivery details)

PLUS you get FREE membership to my 'advice/help' line, a FREE weekly astronomy newsletter and every order gets a FREE astronomy DVD (while stocks last). "

Hmmm...sounds like he is hyping this event to increase his telescope sales and lecture events.

SO the world is going die because of his prediction, but before it does, go buy his telescope and you too, can get his wonderful DVD! LMAO

[edit on 27-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by Section31

Did you guys see that comment -- the first one -- after the Professor's YouTube speach.

All kind of non-PC statements about the Blonde at FOX.

After noticing your post about the comment, I found another YouTube clip to take its place. When it comes to politically correctness, I don't care if you like what others have to say or not. It is not against the law to make such comments, which you just read in that previous YouTube's commentary section. An adult would have ignored them, and then solely focused on the video itself.

I guess that is too much to ask.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I am sorry but you keep being wrong, and I wasn't the one making the comments about Americans, it was you so don't try using reverse psychology on me now...

If you actually knew anything about electronics, and the electrical infraestructure you would know that things don't get fixed as fast as you claim they would if an event of this magnitute occurs.

BTW, I don't want this to happen, but that doesn't mean I am not going to prepare in case it does happen...

Another thing that perhaps you haven't learnt yet is that normally the people who survive for example hurricanes are the people that prepare, and not those who claim "pfft nothing is going to happen"....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Extinction level? naa...but we have been warned that 2012 was going to be a extremely active solar year...a incredible year for solar activity.

There could be brown outs.

I suggest investing in a few solar panels so in case you are dealing with that, you got some energy coming in...

In Florida some years back, we had some hurricanes that knocked out power for many places, sometimes for weeks on end...generators were handy, but it was really expensive to run them...

Solar Panels to run things like the fridge, phone, etc...are pretty important...you can go without TV for extended periods of time, but not food..so ya, you got 2 years to save up for one.

Not sure what to advise people whom live in buildings though..might want to talk to the building owner about having some emergency solar panels on the roof for basic electricity should you experience prolonged blackouts

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by TheOracle
I think people should fear this event. It is going to be nasty (for many).
As a clairvoyant, I saw this very event and its consequences many years ago.

Nothing like spreading a bit of fear! If it does not happen, does this mean you will be hanging up your 'clairvoyant' boots for good?

IRM

It's not like you can simply 'hang up' things you can't even control.
Not spreading anything, there is no point to it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Phage

I haven't fallen for this but I am curious as to why scientists would make a public statement that appears to be fearmongering. Can you help me better understand that? They have to know how people will react to this. Can we no longer believe what scientists say?

BTW good to see your posts - I rely on your expertise.

they haven't, people need to read the article. no-one sais anything about the earth being in mortal danger at all. it is only the person who wrote the article that sais this.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's funny how sensationalist that OP is. 100m bombs, omg we're all gonna dies! It's quite different for the sun to put out that amount of energy than if the bombs were on Earth and exploded of course

I don't buy into this stupid 2012 stuff about the world ending, the Mayan calendar doesn't seem to say the world will end, from what i understand of their culture it's more about a starting over, like our new years eve parties. It's nothing catastrophic or even special (unless you're a Mayan of course).

However i also think it's possible that people have chronicled sun activity and what we see in many of these ancient predicitons are times when the Northern and Southern lights were visible from places that they usually weren't. There is of course the famous 1938 "great storm" where the lights were seen as far as Southern Europe.

Imagine an ancient people seeing these things, it really would be like a changing of ages, as if the gods were sending messages and i'm sure their religious leaders found numerous ways to interpret them.

Well that's my theory

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Can you say the same about Michio Kaku, or any of the other several scientists who say it is very possible for this event to occur and their research points to this time frame?

That man could very well be trying to increase his sales, but at the same time Michio Kaku, and other scientists have nothing to gain by saying this is very likely...

Again, what you did is a red herring.

There are several scientists who say this is very likely to occur.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks for your post on the 'moneymaking' aspect of the story.

So many of these hyped up things boil down to this.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It reminds me of that story that changedachannel was talking about with human experiments. He pointed out that the war of the worlds was played over the radio back before they had TV's and people thought that the world was under attack. This was done to test mass hysteria or something to that effect. You can check it out on his youtube page. Maybe it has something to do with that only it isnt an experiment anymore it will be applied on everyone. Just speculation though.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

There are several scientists who say this is very likely to occur.
Several?

I guess it just has to be true then.

Not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I don't buy into this stupid 2012 stuff about the world ending, the Mayan calendar doesn't seem to say the world will end, from what i understand of their culture it's more about a starting over, like our new years eve parties. It's nothing catastrophic or even special (unless you're a Mayan of course).

It is a lot more than that. Hopi prophecy states at the end of this cycle we will experience a purification, and a time of tribulation and suffering, which according to them, and other ancient people has happened several times in the past.

Yes, mankind survived in other past cycles, but many people didn't survive.

This is what the Hopi, which are a tribe of the Maya, and their prophecies say.

“Not far behind the twins will come the Purifier the Red Katchina, who will bring the Day of Purification. On this day the Earth, her creatures and all life as we know it will change forever. There will be messengers that will precede this coming of the Purifier. They will leave messages to those on Earth who remember the old ways.

infinitynow.wordpress.com...

I can't excerpt too much from it, but in the above link you will find what the Hopi prophecy says.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The noonday Winter Solstice Sun of December 21st, 2012 is the time when the Lord of The Harvest shall return. You might know him as "Nibiru". The earth is indeed "ripe", but who is "ready". And will the harvest be positive or negative. This is when planet earth goes into 4th density, right now its gradually making this process. When it finally kicks in this is what will happen: curezone.com...

Regards, Naeem

[edit on 27-8-2010 by naeem11111]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Several?

I guess it just has to be true then.

Not

I gave two examples of some of those scientists and even gave a research paper and a link to the many threads I have posted with evidence to what I said... what did you do?... Make a sarcastic comment...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah-I'll be skipping your advice as well. why would i listen to an englishman about anything?

link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Oh noes we're going to lose our technology!!!!!!!!

I dunno why people would get so worried about this, it's a blessing in disguise for us to finally remove our shackles from this technological society which is dumbing us down.

I completely agree with you. I actually can't wait for it to happen. When I see how addicted we all are to television, the Internet, cell phones, Facebook, Twitter, etc., I don't even want to imagine what the near future will look like if nothing happens to disrupt this. Already people aren't talking to each other anymore... they hang out at parties and in restaurants talking and texting on their cell phones instead of paying attention to the people right in front of them. It's pathetic.

I'm trying very hard to limit my son's TV and video game time, for example -- but working full-time and not being able to spend much time with him during the work-week, I often find myself too exhausted to fight the good fight. And I'm catching myself quite often surfing the Internet instead of doing something productive, just because I'm tired and too lazy to do anything else. I'm horrified by all this, but at the same time it's incredibly, incredibly hard not to simply succumb to the magic draw of electronic gadgets.

People are losing their attention spans and the capacity of thinking clearly; the ability to contemplate, be in the present, to just enjoy and be aware of what's right in front of them. When was the last time you took a walk in the forest, without your cell phone on you, just walking and BEING? When was the last time you sat down and wrote some deep, philosophical thoughts in a journal?

I'm also worried about what incessant electromagnetic bombardment by cell phone towers, cell phone radiation, microwave radiation, and too many electronic gadgets in our homes and on our bodies is doing to our mental and physical health... we're just not made for this kind of environment.

So, yes, I'm not ashamed to say I'm looking forward to having to go back to simpler times. Of course it'll be harder, and I might very well be one of the first to croak, and my family might starve to death or die otherwise. But we all die at one point or another anyway -- which could be in 40 years or tomorrow, who knows? -- and I'd rather live in that world when I do than in this one we're occupying right now.

My bosses believe in "the ascent of man through technology"... I say BS. Mankind will not ascend through technology -- it will just have the means to wipe itself out that much faster. Ascension/evolution will happen through a lifting of the collective consciousness of mankind... we're on the right way when we stop striving to turn every new invention into a weapon of mass destruction.

In other words, if NOTHING happened in 2012 or 2013, I would be very, very disappointed.

link   
It is stunningly amazing how fast a Thread can grow in a day's time!

At any rate, I had such a dream last night that I felt I should post it and located a post on "Dream of the End" by bigfatfurrytexan. I posted it there so I can get it written down and that it was an "end time" scenario, but now after reading this one I cannot help but feel it is uncannily the same message as my dream. Really spooky since I am still feeling the dream this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anybody out there want to join me in embracing the possibility of the coming annihilation? It may just be time to "let the the sun shine in" and burn away the contamination that we have become. I wish that this was a perfect world, one in which we all had learned to sing in perfect harmony. but apparently the old Coca Cola commercial taught us nothing. Perhaps we have humans living in space or even on other planets, as some on this board have intimated. If so, let's hope we get it right the next time. As for me, I am ready, and I will be outside at the first hint of an incoming killer flare. I will weep for my children, but no more so for their suffering through a sudden tragic event than for them having to live in a world of suspicion, deceit, fear, and hopelessness.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for your reply - oh yes the nuclear reactors. I do hope precautions are put into place.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Publicly, I tell people I don't believe in the 2012-13 predictions. Privately I'm preparing for TEOTWAWKI.

That way, if nothing happens, I won't get mocked. If it does happen, I'm prepared to deal with complete societal breakdown.

It's called hedging your bets.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join