It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Revalations is a mixture of past ancient cultural belief of stories of past Catastrophes some of which where passed down over 10s of thousands of years..

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 21

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Vonour]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

If it's one thing I hate, its people bashing a Bible verse.
And I am no Bible thumper.

This sites moto is 'Deny Ignorance'

The Bible text was written by man for man of the day it was written and used by ocultists to control people.

It is not some all seeing all knowing text that predicts the future.

Anyone in my mind that relates anything happening to day to the text of any Bible is Ignorant in the extreme.

Stamp out Religion and we will have our days in Paradice, not in heavan but here on earth.

Without Religion there are good people doing good things and there are bad people doing bad things....

But with Religion you also have good people doing bad things!!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Oh noes we're going to lose our technology!!!!!!!!

I dunno why people would get so worried about this, it's a blessing in disguise for us to finally remove our shackles from this technological society which is dumbing us down.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vonour
reply to post by vvb79

www.abovetopsecret.com...
..the reason the Sun is expected to produce such an Unsually highly damaging flare is because of the Galactic Superwave .. a magnetic gravity wave that pulses every 9825 years from the center of our galaxy which is the same type of wave that started the creation effect of the Sun/Sol and our solar system... the magnetic wave will effect the entire solar system in 2012 as it reaches us at nearly the speed of light causing this and an extinction event as it has done just 12901 years ago... there are basicly 3 to 4 waves rippling within our galaxy at one time we get hit by this wave every 12901 years.. 12901+12901=25802 ...distance to galactic center 26,000 lightyears(estimated) earth perihilion 25771.5...not a mathamatical mistake..we are connected to the black hole..wave hits us causing the earth to tilt back and forth first wave shoves us one way and the next time the wave comes through shoves us back again...all this info and more is supported by my thread...Plus the wave will take 10-12 years to pass through solar system...(Sun cycle 11 years) another mathamatical mistake?...Dec 21 11:11am GMT 2012-4.6billion years Sol's birthday?...

First you say this gravity wave pulses every 9825 years. Then you say we get hit every 12,901 years by these waves. Call me crazy, but if the pulse occurs every 9,825 years, shouldn't the waves hit us every 9,825 years?

You also say it will reach us at nearly the speed of light and it will take 10-12 YEARS to pass through the solar sistem. So you're saying this wave is 10-12 light years long?

Maybe you should get your math straight before making contradictory statements.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

If you dont like what people have to say then go to another damn forum. I am sooooo SICK of people like you on here. Get the # over yourself.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

Much of the damage can be mitigated if managers know a storm is coming. Putting satellites in 'safe mode' and disconnecting transformers can protect these assets from damaging electrical surges. Preventative action, however, requires accurate forecasting—a job that has been assigned to NOAA. ..............

............ 2010 marks the 4th year in a row that policymakers, researchers, legislators and reporters have gathered in Washington DC to share ideas about space weather. This year, forum organizers plan to sharpen the focus on critical infrastructure protection. The ultimate goal is to improve the nation’s ability to prepare, mitigate, and respond to potentially devastating space weather events.

"I believe we're on the threshold of a new era in which space weather can be as influential in our daily lives as ordinary terrestrial weather." Fisher concludes. "We take this very seriously indeed."

The threat is nothing new. It's something that can happen, not something that will happen on a certain date.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Rather than tying this into prophecy or other ancient beliefs, we should be trying to determine the actual damage this event will cause and prepare ourselves. How will I protect my electronics and my generator? Should I seek cover during the peak of this activity? Will sun block and UV glasses be enough? Remember, this is our learned scientists giving us a warning, not someone who had a religious experience of some kind. I'm going to research how I can prepare for this. Ah heck, I think I'll re-read Revelations again anyhow! LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm going to keep a high stock of food in my place all throughout 2012, and just lock myself down when this happens until it passes. Not because I think society will be devastated, but because I think the panic over satellites going down is going to temporarily devastate society.

The timing does make me wonder a little, though.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I missed the part where it says "... and all of humanity will die and the Earth will be destroyed."

Oh wait, it doesn't say that... powergrids, shmowergrids.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Oh noes we're going to lose our technology!!!!!!!!

I dunno why people would get so worried about this, it's a blessing in disguise for us to finally remove our shackles from this technological society which is dumbing us down.

You really don't understand how reliant we are on technology do you? Imagine if you will, most of the planets medical equipment not working; including life support systems, defibrillators, chemo systems... Imagine all records of currency being completely destroyed, which means people won't be able to pull any money out of their accounts, because they will have no accounts. EVERYTHING, will just not work anymore.

It will be hell, you will without a doubt lose someone close to you if this happens. Imagine your mom, sister, brother, aunt, cousin, best friend, one of them dying of starvation. Imagine yourself resorting to cannabolism because your house has been ransacked by strangers looking for food who in the process killed your dog and ate him in front of you. Now do you want this to happen?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The local weather forecast for today is wrong again, how can they predict correctly what will happen in years to come from something millions of miles away?

OK, OK, I'll start digging my shelter now.

[edit on 27/8/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Four to Ten years to completely recover.

Even four at best isn't too encouraging. That means that the entire economy will go into the crapper.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Im not living in fear, im not worried one tiny bit.

I want to be prepared, instead of living with my head in the clouds with an attitude of "Nothing bad is ever going to happen to lil ole me"

I want to be kept in the know about this sort of thing.

Even if the news did say a huge asteroid would kill everyone, i would still try and survive it somehow.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
I missed the part where it says "... and all of humanity will die and the Earth will be destroyed."

Oh wait, it doesn't say that... powergrids, shmowergrids.

Enjoy living with no Internet, enjoy having supermarkets with no food (They keep stock checks on computer databases)

Enjoy having no working hospital equipment.
Enjoy having no petrol (Fuel stations shut down)
Enjoy not having clean water (Water treatment plants shut down)
Enjoy having no street lights, or traffic lights.

We depend on electricity, bigger than you think we do.

link   
100 million hydrogen bombs?

Sheeesh! Now what the dickens does that mean? He hasn't mentioned anything about the yield of each hydrogen bomb!
Could be from a few tons of TNT equivalent, to a 50 million ton monster! So if it's the latter then it's no use heading into them hills! There'll be no place to run, no place to hide because 100,000,000 hydrogen bombs x50,000,000 tons of TNT = curtains!

All you can do is - Bend - put your head between your knees - and kiss your ass goodbye!!

But seriously, all this is just plain guess work. Sensationalism at its best. Of course, if there is a solar storm it'll probably screw up portions of the the electricity grid partially or knock off some satellite communications.

But most important of all is that this is just plain conjecture! So relax and enjoy your summer vacations in 2012! Don't worry, be happy!

link   
Well, considering NASA is the center of some major government cover ups and conspiracies, not to mention a limitless funded arm of the corporate American government, it wouldnt surprise me this is just setting precedence for the much needed false flag for the current regime to retain power. Thus doing so by knocking out the entire US infrastructure paralzying the people, causing mass chaos, and seizing all power all in the name of a "solar storm". Fear mongering is what this is.

“The bottom line here is that Americans don’t believe in President Obama’s leadership,” says Rob Shapiro, another former Clinton official and a supporter of Mr Obama. “He has to find some way between now and November of demonstrating that he is a leader who can command confidence and, short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can’t think of how he could do that.”

[edit on 27-8-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I can tell already this is going to scare a lot of people. Now we have scientist fearmongering. Maybe they should have kept this to theirselves as even they can be wrong.

And this is how the secret classification system began...

I'm not poking at your post. Just pointing out to people why some things may get classified.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I love how they can predict this with ZERO scientific data to back it up.

What they're saying is "we've stared at the Sun through a microscope long enough that we know how it's going to act 2 years from now"

Personally, i think they've stared at the sun too long, and it's fried their brains.

This is non sense, and to give it credibility is just gullibility.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

You went from a loss of communications to human cannibalism in one swift leap. And that's a huge leap, if you ask me.

I missed in the article where it said this massive solar storm was going to affect agriculture. If there's any reference to this, please let us know.

Worst case scenerio (barring any new scientific information regarding the affect on crops), people will have to grow a lot of there own food because it can no longer be shipped. Which is even a huge leap. Just because Johnny Trucker can't hop on the CB or reference his GPS doesn't mean he can't get his load over to Gordon's Food Service before all the children starve.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I kind of look at it this way. Astronomers/Scientists didn't predict how quiet the solar minimum ended up being. In fact, during the extended time that we had no sunspots at all, the 'experts' were just scratching their heads, completely clueless.

Given the above, I don't put too much stock (at this point) in the sensationalist 100m hydrogen bombs scenario... And my worrying about something that may or may not eventuate certainly isn't going to change events. So for me at least, every day is just business as usual.

IRM

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join