It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger cub found among stuffed toys in Bangkok luggage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

A two-month-old tiger cub has been found sedated and hidden among stuffed toy tigers in a woman's luggage at Bangkok's airport, the wildlife trade monitoring network Traffic has said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d68dd52e8949.jpg[/atsimg]

source

wow..some people are just plain crazy these days..

The Thai national was trying to board a flight to Iran but had difficulty with a large bag at check-in. X-rays aroused suspicions among airport staff who believed they had seen an image resembling a real animal. Wildlife officers were then called in and discovered the tranquilised cub. Continue reading the main story “Start Quote If people are trying to smuggle live tigers in their check-in luggage, they obviously think wildlife smuggling is something easy to get away with and do not fear reprimand” End Quote Chris Shepherd Traffic The tiger was found last Sunday and is now being cared for at the rescue centre of the department of national parks, wildlife and plant conservation. Authorities are trying to determine if the cat is wild or captive-bred. Chris Shepherd, South-East Asia deputy regional director for Traffic, said: "We applaud all the agencies that came together to uncover this brazen smuggling attempt." But he also called for regular monitoring and harsher penalties. "If people are trying to smuggle live tigers in their check-in luggage, they obviously think wildlife smuggling is something easy to get away with and do not fear reprimand," he said. "Only sustained pressure on wildlife traffickers and serious penalties can change that."

It doesn't really go on to tell us WHY she was doing this..

but i am pretty sure a lot of money was involved...

wow..just plain crazy...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Poor little tiger! Arn't they going extinct in asian countries? That baby belongs in the wild with its mother, not in someone's luggage bag!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe the ruse worked and they haven't figured out yet that the tiger is filled with black tar heroin.

These smugglers are getting savvy

No, really, that poor kitty-kitty is lucky that they found it and can make sure it's taken care of.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I totally agree with you..

they need to leave those tigers alone...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
On a side note.. i just read that this tiger cub is going to be put back in the wild..

good news ...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The why is simple: Money. Lots of money in wildlife smuggling and people don't see it with the same stigma as drug smuggling, unfortunately.

Lizards from NZ will fetch up to $10k on the blackmarket. People try to smuggle them out all the time. They usually get caught though.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
why is this in the conspiracy section? THis should be BTS...... Also another thing, Why do people just steal stories from yahoo everyday and post them???

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Steal stories from yahoo more often. I don't go on yahoo, I go on ATS and like reading about stuff like this. So hopefully people keep it up haha

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

A two-month-old tiger cub has been found sedated and hidden among stuffed toy tigers in a woman's luggage at Bangkok's airport, the wildlife trade monitoring network Traffic has said.

Pretty crazy alright.

At least it wasn't like this:

www.atomic-robo.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The silly things people do to ship animals in order to sell them. :/

Not very nice considering all the things done to the tiger. Tons of offenses can easily come of this and I am sure the perpetrator will get a lifetime in prison for it.

top topics

join