It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Winning the War on the Middle Class

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

Perhaps the biggest reason of all hasn't gotten enough attention: Americans are making due with less and don't have the money to put into stock funds, and many are taking money out of their investments to pay for basic necessities like food, clothing and shelter.

With wages stagnant for those who still have a job "a lot of people are having to tap into their nest egg to keep their living standards going," says Damien Hoffman, co-founder of WallStCheatSheet. "A lot of people are living out of principal. There's no other way to get around that."

Yes we can!

Yes we will!

Yes we did!

Now, we must focus on redistribution of wealth. Once the people are broken and dependant slaves anything will be possible.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Recommended reading, even though it is an older item...

www.economicpopulist.org...

The first thing that one must acknowledge is that we have just witnessed one of the most massive transfers of wealth, from the poor to the rich, in mankind's history. This enormous theft now threatens the very existence of the middle class in America. David DeGraw does an excellent job of adding it all up. Here are a few highlights:

50 million Americans now live in poverty
Half of all American children will need foodstamps at some point in their lives
Hunger rates are now at all-time highs
50 million citizens are now without health care
1.4 million filed for bankruptcy last year, 60% of them because of medical bills
13 million are expected to lose their homes before the crisis is over
Meanwhile, we incarcerate more people in the world than any other nation, and a new prison opens somewhere in America every week.

How long will you be able to hang on to your job, and your way of life?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes, I'm sure Obama sits down and intentionally figures out how to screw people over. You know, Obama wrote the entire health reform act in 20 minutes? True story. Tarp bill? 5 minutes. He just wrote it all out on a paper napkin.

[note: I'm not pro-Obama. They're all liars.]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Star for sarcasm!
Yep, the slavery train is picking up steam and the conductor does not intend letting us off anytime soon! We all have seen this coming for months; the obvious is coming to fruition. Keynesian economics will not change the current tide even though our present administration has deemed it necessary. People will continue to pulling out money from their mutual funds at the risk of substantial penalties and wages will remain stagnant for a few years to come, IMO.

Corporate America has profited substantially from lay-offs and downsizing, continuing to over work their current employees…status quo to maintain the billions in cash surplus. money.cnn.com...

These same companies know the recession will continue and want to remain profitable (surplus), but all in vain of the economy. Fewer consumers with less money and no confidence in the economy will drag the markets further down.

Without physical economic responsibility, the recession will continue to thrive. Corporate America will feel the pinch/bite eventually, but not after the worker/consumer loses the very standard they are trying or spending to maintain. It is going to get interesting!

Best,

rgs

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Yes, I'm sure Obama sits down and intentionally figures out how to screw people over. You know, Obama wrote the entire health reform act in 20 minutes? True story. Tarp bill? 5 minutes. He just wrote it all out on a paper napkin.

[note: I'm not pro-Obama. They're all liars.]

Who said anything about Obama?

What part of "we" did you fail to read?

Seriously, this war precedes the Obama administration, but has accelerated under his watch.

All of our recent presidents have proven themselves to be corporate whores. Bush included, and perhaps one of the worst.

The national debt has exploded into multiple trillions of dollars in short time, deficit spending is completely out of control, and the economy isn't really improving. All of this burden will fall and has fallen directly on the middle class.

People living in million dollar homes are finding themselves eligible for food stamps, and some are actually using them.

When this war is over, IF they win, the middle class will have been eliminated, in favor of a two class system of minority elite and everyone else. Most Americans are sitting by watching all of this happen, completely oblivious to what it all means.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The major problem is our current administration is consumed with corporatist…as long as Corporate America feels the recession has moved to recovery…we will not see any changes. By the end of the year, they will all agree we are in a depression, IMO. Our administration has worked hard to drive MSM and the American consumer to believe we are in recovery…yep, a very big lie, but it bought them some time. Not enough time to win sets in the November elections.

More Americans will lose their job, I fear. Sad situation, but we have seen this coming!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour

More Americans will lose their job, I fear. Sad situation, but we have seen this coming!

Meaning more and more Americans will lose everything, and become dependant on government, eventually finding themselves happy to find ANY jobs, even though they will be paid far less than ever before and work harder then ever before with fewer benefits etc.

Death of the middle class, by design, the elite will survive, with more bailouts if needed.

By the way, ask around it is already happening at an alarming rate.

Victory is in sight!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Who said anything about Obama?

I guess your avatar and the whole "yes we can" quotes confused me. You tricked me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets

I guess your avatar and the whole "yes we can" quotes confused me. You tricked me.

My apologies, I didn't intend to trick you, only to provoke thought.

I have a somewhat different way of making a point, it has risks, but usually gets out the message to a specific group. when absolutely necessary.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I know it’s happening…

I have the same sediment and hate of the current economic situation, but it is much larger than economics…society must change. Society must wake up and see its true power. TPTB only have the power we give them…change starts with you, I, and the rest of society, the bottom line (French Revolution). Yes, many will lose everything and at the same time I hope they gain everything, and yes, that is very possible i.e. lifting the veil. It is all perception.

This comes from a card carrying Libertarian!

I have enjoyed the post.

Best,
rgs

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

I admire your optimism and faith in the people, it is refreshing. I do not share it.

We are going to hit bottom and from there government for far to many Americans will be the only way back, left behind will be the American dream, freedom and liberty and the Middle Class.

Slavery and servitude to the government and corporate elite will be the new American way of life.

The war is nearing the end!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This has been going on a long time.

Yes you can! No you can't!

Chose whatever mantra you want, it makes no difference.

Suddenly the middle class is losing the war now.
No it isn't. It's been going on for quite some time.

My dear sister, who has been a gung ho Democrat since, well, since she was fooled into thinking that the Viet Nam War was a Republican, Richard Nixon, debacle, has started to realize, wow, this all crosses party lines.

I, do, however, want to thank this tiime and place, when Obama is in charge, that she has awakened. She now realizes it's all a sham.

Not like she will suddenly go out in November to vote for Republicans.

But she has finally understood, it's all the same "party" and this is no reason for us to party!

War on the Middle Class. She thought it started with GWB! Now she sees, the war hasn't ended with Obama. I really feel bad for her, though, because this is such a shock to her. And she is realizing, it wasn't just begun with GWB. Just an extension of what has been going on under her nose for years.

Here's an anecdote about it all. I bought a Tshirt with Obama wearing Mickey Mouse ears printed on the front of the TShirt. 6 months ago she got angry with me because I wore this shirt. No, she is not ready to buy her own shirt. But she no longer reams my butt for wearing this shirt.

She's waking up. And that is good.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Suddenly the middle class is losing the war now.
No it isn't. It's been going on for quite some time.

I agree, my other posts in this thread should reflect that.

She's waking up. And that is good.

That is wonderful, only about 299,999,999 more to wake up.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

How long will you be able to hang on to your job, and your way of life?

I give us about a month before total economic annihilation.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

this is the master plan of the destruction of the middle class

first off with outsourcing
second off killing every financial tool that americans have had in the past to take care of themselves.

through banking and investing, mutal funds,money markets,cds,bonds etc
ALL OF THEM dont pay crap and once the new financial regulation goes into effect thats all she wrote.

the next step is demonizing and taxing and regulating the rich,corporations and most have already left and more will follow.

all thats left of the middle class is nothing but a shell of what it use to be
with the end means being if you cant take care of yourself, there are no jobs where you can work or the jobs are that are available are under paying.

sooner or later thats the great joke of it all so you will be dependent on the government for $$ and food and shelter.

and as we all know people who on government assistance live in poverty.

all because the status quote is destroying the standard of living to match the rest of the world because the powers that be feel ashamed or guilty or just want the total control over all of us.

its not wealth redistribution msm gets that part wrong its all about the WEALTH DESTRUCTION of the financial lives of you me and the average joes still left here because unlike the illegals who can come and go as they please- people like you and me have nowhere to run to.

whats more they know this and THEY WANT THIS AND THEY NEED THIS.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

F# em.

The American Revolutionaries were up against the same element also. Thats why they fought and won! They just grew lots of marijuana because it is a major cash crop in North America. Thats what we need to cling to, our drugs and our guns.

F# these lazy communists they are good for nothing, good for no one cant even help themselves. They have to lie cheat and steal to get what they want.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just a point to make.

The draining of the wealth from the middle class began with globalization.

It has been going on longer than most people realize.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
sooner or later thats the great joke of it all so you will be dependent on the government for $$ and food and shelter.

What is alarming is how many people in the middle class have and are already finding themselves dependant on the government, and to that end some of the major financial institutions, and major corporations which have in essence been nationalized.

whats more they know this and THEY WANT THIS AND THEY NEED THIS.

They want complete control over the economy, and the lives of every single American, huge steps have been made to achieve that goal in just the last 10 years alone.

Sadly, I don't see any way it can be stopped at this point.

Heh, enjoy the ride while it lasts.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is an interesting opinion piece focused primarily on the corporate war on the middle class..

www.nytimes.com...

The treatment of workers by American corporations has been worse — far more treacherous — than most of the population realizes. There was no need for so many men and women to be forced out of their jobs in the downturn known as the great recession.

Many of those workers were cashiered for no reason other than outright greed by corporate managers. And that cruel, irresponsible, shortsighted policy has resulted in widespread human suffering and is doing great harm to the economy.

While failing to see the ultimate plan at work here, the above item does make some very interesting points, and highlights the trend toward the elimination and enslavement of the middle class.

Good read.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join