It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a bringer of light

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Subjective Truth

That is a wise saying - but if he looked at me, he would be dazzled - just kidding - but I have finally learnt my place in this world - and that place is helping people.

I hope this is true.

Remember, a true light bringer is one who helps every fellow upon the planet, even those who you may deem not worth helping... this is the hard part.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

For all of you thinking this is a lightbearer. Think again.
This is a despicable being posing as whatever you think is bearing light. Believe me there is no such thing in this person's countenance.

please explain this with more info
some are bringer of light figuratively speaking
but why do you think some here are that dark ...

i advice you to read the age of enlightment thread in my signature
if you agree then we dont have any missunderstanding
lol
if you disagree then lets debate

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Partially. But it's not a big deal. Egyptology figures heavily into some forms of religious belief. But it's also just good art too! Here is a link to an overview of Hermetics.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Whats hermetic about the papyrus in my sidebar? Its a sphinx and the sun god ra. Thoth isnt there.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

But then again, what do I know? I'm apparently not a light bringer anyway. But that might not be a bad thing since, in latin, light bearer = lucem ferre = Lucifer in English.

Just food for thought.

Well Done!

Just to elaborate on your information:

Lucifer: In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun.

The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as

"Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light.

Humm... I wonder if "Light Bringers" Could also be defined as bringers of the light/knowledge of Venus?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by rajaten

Why would you jump to the conclusion that this person is a disinfo agent?

Maybe it's just somebody who knows something or has an opinion to voice.

And, technically, your avatar does have some pretty heavy Hermetic undertones to it....

But then again, what do I know? I'm apparently not a light bringer anyway. But that might not be a bad thing since, in latin, light bearer = lucem ferre = Lucifer in English.

Just food for thought.

please explain his avatar
the way you see it .. i love egyptian hieroglyphes but dont know this one
i look like a leg with some people travelling in a white tunnel
wheres the negatif part of it ... ???

for the light bringer word .. thats why i never us that word
i use that we spiritualy waking up... and that i have good hope in humanity

rajaten : .. i think its time to reinstate the kickass girl avatar

i told you so ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tingopoo

God that thread is sick. Not to mention stupid.

I think catwhoknows needs to assess his/her ways in which they bring light to our world... This thread (which I thought was conceited to begin with) added together with the one referenced above by Tingopoo has seriously riled me up.

[snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip][snip] [snip]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

Whats hermetic about the papyrus in my sidebar? Its a sphinx and the sun god ra. Thoth isnt there.

Ra was killed by Jack O'neil .. hes dead

speaking about the sphinx .. if i had the money to dig under it .. i would dig there

thoth ... ?
first time heard that name ..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

It's not about Thoth or Ra. And you're taking my point a bit more literally than it was meant. I was referring to a generalization regarding theurgy and pagan ritual.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If my sidebar is going to make the crazies come out of the woodwork then its got to be a good one. LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
LAMB representative shining bright in the eyes of the dark 1z, piercing deep within the darken souls of the evil satanic minion

Nice thread OP, s&f.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Dude I reckon the hall of records is under that damn sphinx paw.

Checkout my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

When Hawass decides the world is ready....all will be revealed. lol

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Ben81

If my sidebar is going to make the crazies come out of the woodwork then its got to be a good one. LOL

i agree

she is a awesome little girl in the kickass movie
but in a avatar it can look creepy for some ahahah
keep this one

peoples will never stop judging others with their eyes
thats the conclusion
its a weakness to judge on first sight because of a face or a pictures :S

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Whoa now! Let's be clear, I made no judgment, other than a passing personal observation about an avatar. Far from judging.

And I would assume that I'm not considered a crazy.

And if I am then I'd humbly ask for a categorization of the OP of this thread. Because in comparison....

*edit to add smiley to show that I'm not upset, just talking!*

[edit on 8/25/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

ahahahahaha

awesome vid
the guy was angry because of that
come one let the girl have a piss in a ten thousand years old pyramid
much worst things happened there

i will never understand angry people

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well I have yet to pay my light bill, so I suppose I'm going to be bringin on the darkness pretty soon.

Really though, what is this? Do you really think people are that easily categorized?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

ahh nobody is crazy in the negatif sens
everyone here is crazy in a way already
thinking about many crazy theory/speculations
you should read my threads .. you might say im crazy lol
its just a metaphore its not like the crazy people in the horror movie crazies

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

LOL That is fine by me!

I just wanted to make sure that I was coming across the way I thought that I was. Sometimes in text, and across nations, the way we phrase things can cause our intent to get lost in the shuffle!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I think what you mean here is you are a Service to Others person, right? Me too, and there are only two kinds of people in the world, those who serve themselves, and those who serve others. There is no grey area, no fence to sit upon, you either are one or the other, and everyone reading this knows which one they are.

Yesterday I was in an elevator in a medical office complex, and two older women came into the elevator car. These old ladies were very dark, even their auras were black. I thought for a second they were dead people, I see the dead sometimes, but no, my wife saw them too. Neither spoke, or even looked at us. It was an uncanny experience, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The battle is eternal and internal and is won or lost at the moment of choice, by the individual, the pair, the group, the region, and finally the race.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join